Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• Hoping for a 5-setter final match for China and Serbia.
    And hoping for China to win it.
    *EDIT* I was looking at the stats of USAvsSRB. Malesevic only got 1 point and only 7 sets/attempts in 5 sets. Well I'm not shocked because she's only there for the reception.

• Btw this is Jenny Lang Ping's third olympic final as a coach.
    She'll definitely be able to make a difference for China, though Serbia has been performing (way) better indeed.

Was nice to see all the girls hugging her together, I get the feeling they really respect her and see her as a role model.

• this is what I like about the olympics: you never know what will happen next. not only we'll have a new Olympic medalist for women's volleyball but all the heavy favorites failed to enter the gold medal match. Both teams may not be the most technical team compared to USA or Brazil but Serbia and China deserve to be in the final nonetheless. It's all about winning the game and win they did.

Serbia rely too much on their power hitters but if Maja will be able to play using her usual level, the Chinese ladies will have the match of their lives. Aside from the wonderful wing spikers, they have power on the middles compared to China and I'm hoping Maja would be able to utilize them effectively. For China, it's not just about Zhu Ting. Lang Ping is a brilliant volleyball tactician. If Serbia wants to win the game, they have to do it quickly and in 3 sets. Lang Ping treats volleyball like a game of chess and the more she utilize her players, the more China becomes dangerous.

To be honest, this isn't the most "technical" olympics. Reception, as always, has been the bane of many teams' existence and for some reason, every Olympics it continually worsen. Combination plays are considered rarity. The number of errors from players (not sure if the stats would show it but this is my observation) is sky high and I cringe every time a player commits so many errors considering this is THE Olympics.

It's a bit early to reminisce but the best Olympics for me is still the 2004 Olympics. Most teams were on their peak: so many different types of teams (high balls for russia/cuba, balanced volleyball for brazil/usa, quick plays from China, and powerhouse European teams such as Italy) but everybody was just on top of their game and almost on equal level.

I hope to see a 5 setter match in the gold medal though. that would be awesome! :box:

P.S. I still don't like that Chinese girl with screeching voice. :lol:

• Was nice to see all the girls hugging her together, I get the feeling they really respect her and see her as a role model.

Jenny is a hero in China. Many commentors in CCTV said we should thank Jenny and we wanted her continuing coaching.
    Indeed, all the girls look her as a mother.
    Have you seen Gong Xiangyu CRYING in the embrace of Jenny, which really touched me!

• is it possible to see the reply of semifinals somewhere?

• i cant even see a stable receiver in China...including Hui Ruoqi after the injury, her reception goes up and downs...

This is sadly true. Gone are the days when China used to have excellent reception with Zhou Suhong and Liu Yanan. The Chinese team of 2001-2008 were the best team China has ever had, at least in my opinion. The low set of Feng Kun to Hao Yang, Zhou Suhong's back slides and Liu Yanan's speed. 2003 and 2004 were the best years of China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8-mPVDobiA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwD5I6XOW2I

amazing reception and full of decoy plays!

• We lost because we are a Ferrari in the hands of a 4 years old pilot. That's all.

And next time someone openly or privatly tells me I'm a Kiraly's hater or obsessed, just look at my new nick and avatar: SHAME. I was right all along in the last 4 years.