Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• All U.S. athletes can also earn a “medal bonus” from the U.S. Olympic committee for each medal won. The Committee pays American medal winners $25,000 for gold, $15,000 for silver, and $10,000 for bronze medals. Some countries, though not all, pay athletes similar medal bonuses.

How much does your country pays??

interesting. is this tax payer funded or sponsor funded?

• If Russian teams are banned then Germany and Turkey will be invited? is there time for it or both tournaments will have to do with 11 teams?

It should be like this, and another version says because there were second qualies, teams in those tornaments should be considered too, men's AUS and women's THA.
    I dont know what FIVB will do, there are other rumers that Serbia will be allowed in in case of Cuba ban.
    But I think you are right about being late, deadline for registering athletes was July 18th.
    Another possibility is Russia volley participates under neutral flag. but volleyball was in that doping diagram too.
    Totally a mess! :call:

• interesting. is this tax payer funded or sponsor funded?

The US Olympic Committee has never been tax payer funded. The are dependent on sponsorship and donations. USA Volleyball is also the same. This would be from sponsors and it would be taxed as income to the player.

• It should be like this, and another version says because there were second qualies, teams in those tornaments should be considered too, men's AUS and women's THA.
    I dont know what FIVB will do, there are other rumers that Serbia will be allowed in in case of Cuba ban.
    But I think you are right about being late, deadline for registering athletes was July 18th.
    Another possibility is Russia volley participates under neutral flag. but volleyball was in that doping diagram too.
    Totally a mess! :call:

serbia instead of cuba? who doesn't want that?
    let it happen, fivb!
    don't know wtf happened with their qualification campaign.

• Well, may be I'll be a voice out of the choir, but imho it wouldn't be right to let Serbia play at the OG.

Of course they're way a better team than Germany, Australia or Portorico (I read that was an option too, in case of problem with Cuba, since they are NORCECA) and they would deserved it more for what they've shown, but the rules are rules and they've no right to be called in.
    In a qualification system in which being the last Olympic champion, the WCH champion or the continental champion means almost NOTHING, why does being the WL champion give any right to be in the OG?

I also wonder: if by any chance Russia will be out (I hope not) and Germany/Australia will take its place, will the pools change to respect the different ranking?
    My guess is not, they've already all the schedule made... Even if I think the tickets are for a whole day and not for a single match, otherwise you would have to buy all the tickets to be sure to watch your team matches...

With Australia/Portorico instead of Cuba the ranking order will stay the same, so there wouldn't be any change anyway.

• Bonus for Russian athletes:
    gold - aproxx. $65000
    silver - $38000
    bronze - $26000.
    These incomes are free from tax.
    And usually medal athletes get some material gifts.
    After London they gotAudi cars (have u seen Volkov's gold Audi ? He got it for London 2012).

• Good ! I always thought there's too much TO in one match, both as a player and as a spectator.
    Do you know if there will be a challenge system ?

Yes :win:

• Less chance for Blengini not be listened by the players!! 8o

Iran federation site said that they have asked OG teams what to do with TO. They have asked 2 options: first version: 1 TTO and 1 TO for coaches, second version no TTO and 2 TO for coaches.

• If Russia volleyball cannot come to Rio, which country come to Rio?

And What do you think about that country replaces only Russia's position or reassigns pool composition by FIVB ranking? :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos:

• maybe they won't, go let's wait :whistle: some players in volleyball used doping as well :!:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Most russian players tests are made in Germany. So I dont really think is fair to punish everyone.

Get the list of the ones involves and punish them, not every athlete.

• Eıther they will invite Turkey or tournament will be held with only 11 teams (since it could be to late to invite a new team)

• Most russian players tests are made in Germany. So I dont really think is fair to punish everyone.

Get the list of the ones involves and punish them, not every athlete.

maybe, but it's unsure whether Russia will take part in Olympics... atheltics is already banned, we don't know if any other atheletes will be excluded... of course it will be unfair for players that didn't take anything, let's wait for final outcome

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game