FIVB U23 World Championship - 2017 |

• Is there any stream for the matches from this tournament? :teach:

• Bulgaria beats JPN 4-2. Looked like a good match, I wish I could've seen it better than one blurry camera (a good frame rate, though).

I didn't get a sense of how the new scoring impacted things. The scoreboard bug thing was kind of funky, not ready for the 7 games I guess, was stuck on 2-2 until it ended.

• This new trial scoring system sucks. It shortens and dumbs down the game and won't allow big margin comebacks. Hope it won't be implemented in the future.

• I just noticed that legendary Opp Antonina Zetova is coach of Bulgarian team :heart:

• This new trial scoring system sucks. It shortens and dumbs down the game and won't allow big margin comebacks. Hope it won't be implemented in the future.

Yep I agree, I hate this system very much. Give me my best of 5 and 25 points for a set back :serve: It doesn't even make the players act more decisive or anything if thats what they wanted to achieve. All it does is make small mistakes turn into huge game changers. Lol I was watching a match, few serve errors and set is almost done... Screw this system really don't know why they even keep testing it.

• I was watching the the China - Thai match on sportstream365.com...quality sucks! Does anyone know why the Chinese team is having problem with rotation? I have not seen a match with a team losing points that many times for rotation fault...

• I was watching the the China - Thai match on sportstream365.com...quality sucks! Does anyone know why the Chinese team is having problem with rotation? I have not seen a match with a team losing points that many times for rotation fault...

The time of the training is too little. Although the time is the same as the senior team's, the players of the senior team wasn't replaced much. The head coach of U23 NT, Wu Sheng is the first time to be it. Only Cheng Long, Song Mei-li and Wang Yun-lu have played more internatioanl matches and Song Mei-li joined Halkbank in Turkey in Season 15/16.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• WILL FIVB arrange the high quality Live Stream coverage as of the Semifinals matches [as the usual practice!?] ? Even though it's just a U-23 tournament, feel pity that a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS has so little coverage basically inaccessible to the world aside from the low quality streams by the sport betting site.

Had it be held in ASIA in some major volleyball nations such as Thailand, the live stream coverage would have been much better as shown in the past!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• The male U23 WCh was aired, it's quite unfair the female isn't.

Anyway I'm not sure the problem relates with the host: I think that if FIVB (as CEV) wants something, they simply asks for it (read as 'they pretend it').
    I may be wrong, but I've always heard things like 'it's very expensive to host an event because they want this, this and this' or similar stuff...

• Wth at the Brazil - Turkey match 2nd set it was 8-6 then Brazil got a point 9-6 then randomly an extra point for Brazil 10-6 and thy never changed that at the scoreboard. :down: ?( I hope I missed something but dont think so...

Btw Nursevil cant be our Opp thatd clear to me now, she's like a 3rd division player... Cant believe she starts while there is still Ebrar who appears to be much much better so far.

• Today's match 12 SEP:

DOM v ARG 4-3
    TUR v KEN 4-0

The host SLO will face CHN ==> http://sportstream365.com/viewer?game=138184465 -- think they're using the cheap, low quality closed-circuit television camera (CCTV camera) no wonder the image is so blurred :lol: ha ha ha,,, "World Championship" overkill the attribute
    BRA v JPN
    THA v EGY
    BUL v CUB

Just a quiet tournament :lol:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 3 times, last by samsara ().

• WOW!! Hard to believe! The small Balkan country ex-Yugoslavia, Slovenia, has so strong the U23 team, they just posted a clean sweep victory steamrolling the Chinese team 4-0 ( 15-11, 15-12, 15-5, 15-8 ). Amazing! With such a strong U23 team SLO is just one step away in growing up a strong senior team!

• WOW!! Hard to believe! The small Balkan country ex-Yugoslavia, Slovenia, has so strong the U23 team, they just posted a clean sweep victory steamrolling the Chinese team 4-0 ( 15-11, 15-12, 15-5, 15-8 ). Amazing! With such a strong U23 team SLO is just one step away in growing up a strong senior team!

Actually their U23 team is almost identic to their senior team :whistle:

• Pool A
    Rep. Dominicana – Argentina 4-3 (21-23, 12-25, 15-12, 17-15, 16-14, 20-22, 15-5)
    Top Scorer: Guillen Paredes 22, Jineiry Martinez 15, Geraldine Sthefany Gonzalez 9; Bulaich Simian 22, Piccolo 20, Moriondo 13, Guastavino 13.

Slovenia – Cina 4-0 (15-11, 15-12, 15-5, 15-8)
    Top Scorer: Mlakar 11, Planinsec 9, Mori 6, Vovk 6, Grudina 6; Wang Yunlu 8, Jin Ye 6, Zhu Yuezhou 5.

Thailandia – Egitto 2-4 (9-15, 15-7, 11-15, 15-9, 14-16, 4-15)
    Top Scorer: Srithong 17, Sooksod 15, Nuanjam 7; Aya Elshamy 22, Aya Ahmed 11, El Askalany 5, Almohandes 5.

Classifica: Slovenia 3v-0p 9p, Cina 2v-1p 6p, Rep. Dominicana 2v-1p 5p, Egitto 1v-2p 3p, Thailandia 1v-2p 3p, Argentina 0v-3p 1p.

Pool B
    Turchia – Kenya 4-0 (15-6, 15-5, 15-12, 15-11)
    Top Scorer: Baladin 13, Karakurt 9, S. Sahin 5; Wavinya 5, Wafula Sinaida 4.

Brasile – Giappone 4-1 (14-16, 15-13, 15-11, 17-15, 15-10)
    Top Scorer: Drussyla Costa 12, Lorenne Teixeira 10, Mayany Souza 9, Maira Claro 8, Lays Oliveira 8; Yamauchi 13, Hirose 13, Sakamoto 9.

Bulgaria Cuba 4-3 (10-15, 12-15, 11-15, 15-10, 15-10, 15-11, 15-6) --> first come back ever after losing 3-0! In the Men U23 Wch it didn't happen.
    Top Scorer: Chausheva 18, Paskova 16, G. Dimitrova 12; Cese Montalvo 15, Casanova 15, De La Caridad Perez 10.

Classifica: Brasile 3v-0p 9p, Bulgaria 3v-0p 8p, Turchia 2v-1p 6p, Giappone 1v-2p 3p, Cuba 0v-3p 1p, Kenya 0v-3p 0p.