Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Oh nooooooooooo :mad:

I hate this schedule, I like when the GP starts early June before the WL.

Anybody knows how the teams will qualify to the Grand Champions Cup?

The teams are always the continental champions from that year plus the host nation (Japan) and one wild card.

• The teams are always the continental champions from that year plus the host nation (Japan) and one wild card.

Usually Korea were getting Wild Card but now when Korea won v Japan during Olympic Games.. I don't know if They will get.

• for WGCC, Asian, European, Norceca and Southamedican Champions plus wild card will join the host japan to complete a round-robin tournament.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• GROUP 1

week 1:
    A1: BRA, BEL, TUR*, SRB
    B1: USA, RUS, ITA, CHN*
    C1: NED*, DOM, JPN, THA

WEEK 2:
    D1: BRA, THA, JPN*, SRB
    E1: USA, TUR, ITA, CHN*
    F1: NED, DOM, RUS*, BEL

WEEK 3:
    G1: JPN, RUS, CHN*, SRB
    H1: ITA, DOM, TUR, THA*
    I1: NED, BEL, USA, BRA*

GROUP 2:
    A2: GER, BUL*, KOR, KAZ
    B2: POL, CAN, ARG*, CRO
    C2: PUR, CZE, PER*, KEN

D2: GER, KEN, CRO, KAZ*
    E2: POL*, KOR, ARG, PER
    F2 PUR*, CZE, CAN, BUL

G2: GER, CAN*, PER, KEN
    H2: POL, CZE, KOR*, KAZ
    I2: PUR, BUL, ARG, CRO*

Korea is back :wavy:

Ken remain in group 2, and Per and Kaz get wild cards. :whistle:

• 12 teams in division 2. It looks really interesting.
    I'm happy Korea is back! :rose:
    And we have new teams in div 3: Azerbaijan, Trinidad & Tobago, Cameroon ans Hungary.

• Is this new to the tournament?

"Participating teams will have to feature eight players out of 14 from the last World Grand Prix and six players out of 12 from the last Olympic Games. Teams will register 21 players six weeks before the beginning of the competition, bringing that list down to 18 players four weeks before the beginning of the competition and down to 14 players at two days before the start of play."

How does this work with players retiring or taking a year off from their national team?

• They had this rule a few years ago and Russia got punished once for that...

• 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed...

The World Grand Prix Council also confirmed that next year’s competition will feature record prize money of $600,000 and a record number of teams - increasing from 28 in 2016 to 32 in 2017 - with Group 2 expanding to 12 teams. Trinidad & Tobago, Azerbaijan, Hungary and Cameroon have joined Group 3 allowing Kenya to remain in Group 2 while Korea returns and Group 3 silver and bronze medalists Kazakhstan and Peru join Group 3 winners Croatia in Group 2.

The Group 1 Preliminary Round will take place from July 7-9, July 14-16 and July 21-23, and be followed by the Finals, featuring six teams, from August 2-6. The Group 2 Preliminary Round dates are the same as for Group 1 - the Finals, featuring four teams, will take place from July 28-30. Finally, the Group 3 Preliminary Round will take place on July 7-9 and July 14-16, with Finals on July 21-23.

Participating teams will have to feature eight players out of 14 from the last World Grand Prix and six players out of 12 from the last Olympic Games. Teams will register 21 players six weeks before the beginning of the competition, bringing that list down to 18 players four weeks before the beginning of the competition and down to 14 players at two days before the start of play.

http://www.fivb.org/en/Volleyb….asp?No=64873&Language=en

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I see Cuba is out of World Grand Prix (and men team of World League). Does anybody know why?

• I just did some math for the 12 Teams in Group 1. I took the FIVB World Rankings after the Olympics and added the numbers together to show which teams would have the toughest schedule.

Lowest numbers mean hardest schedules
    1. China 51 (USA 2x, Russia 2x, Italy 2x)
    2T. Belgium 53 (Brazil 2x, Netherlands 2x)
    2T. Russia 53 (China 2x)
    4. Italy 58 (China 2x, USA 2x, Turkey 2x)
    5. Japan 60 (Serbia 2x, Thailand 2x)
    6. USA 62 (China 2x, Italy 2x)
    7. Thailand 64 (Japan 2x, Dominican Rep 2x)
    8. Turkey 65 (Italy 2x)
    9. Serbia 68 (Brazil 2x, Japan 2x)
    10. Brazil 79 (Belgium 2x, Serbia 2x)
    11. Netherlands 81 (Dominican Rep. 2x, Belgium 2x)
    12. Dominican Rep. 89 (Netherlands 2x, Thailand 2x)

• why are the CUB women being penalized by the men's evil behavior? does that make sense????? :cursing: ?(

CUZ CUB is not wealthy thus it isn't attractive for those high priests commanding the governing body.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• It is so painful to see dawn of such a volleyball powerhouse in only a decade :thumbdown: A jewel such as Vargas should be playing in the international level. I hope she would at least play in CL with Prostejov this season