Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• just watched the first 2 sets of ITA x CHN. hard to see how ITA turned this match around as they are not playing convincingly, although defense and passing are quite good for the most part. malinov also doing a good job setting the middles... but overall ITA really shaky. CHN did a great job of serving right at the back of ITA MBs, giving OHs a hard time passing... egonu with more errors than points, apparently, but both bosettis are quite fantastic, specially lucia. i think she got no kills in the first set but had 2 blocks.

bad break for zhu ting injuring her hand...

• just watched the whole thing...

Brave ! ragazze!!!!

de gennaro is a super libero.

egonu really caught fire in the 4th set. she really needs to have more control when she serves or swings at the ball. when she connects, she's unstoppable.

brave lucia -- she's so short but she can still score for ITA, not to mention defense and passing... and malinov has good connections with folie. sometimes, malinov is trying to do a nootsara and set that crazy fast ball backwards from the 3 m line...

• de gennaro is a super libero

She's been my favorite libero of the tournament. She might be a difference maker against Brazil.

• i was just thinking about degennaro, compared to castillo, monica is a much more calming presence to her teammates. castillo is also great, but she's very aggressive and frenetic, she's always moving and often takes the ball from marte, the setter, i think she can sometimes be a de-stabilizing factor among her teammates. degennaro is always diving for everything, but i think she's a more placid figure in the backrow.

• hard to see how ITA turned this match around as they are not playing convincingly, although defense and passing are quite good for the most part

We were saying with other Italians that for the number of errors (29 for Ita vs 20 for China) and the spike % of Cate and Lucia (plus the errors by Egonu, but they're already considered in the error score) we should have lost the match xD
    Also Mazzanti said that technically we didn't play very good.
    I guess that the key was digging a lot...? And a better block, may be...

• Zhu Ting shouldn't play with her injury. She shouldn't put her health and her future at stake to fixe the stupidities of her selfish coach.

• Xiaotong Liu starting over Changning Zhang for China. hmm

• Zhu Ting shouldn't play with her injury. She shouldn't put her health and her future at stake to fixe the stupidities of her selfish coach.

I imagine it's Zhu Ting's decision

• I heard the tickets are really expensive for the semis and final. The games China vs Netherlands had 11k people but China vs Italy 6K in the semi final.
    And I would assume a lot of fans assumed China would be in the final and they bought tickets for the Final?

But another no sense thing. The FInal starts in 5 hours. The games should be schedule no more than 3 hours apart.

Where's all the people? Hall is less than half full...

• I imagine it's Zhu Ting's decision

Usually, player would never says no for many reasons. But if you're an responsible coach, you won't let your best player to play with an injury in a not very important tournament.

• Usually, player would never says no for many reasons. But if you're an responsible coach, you won't let your best player to play with an injury in a not very important tournament.

okay :lol: I get that you don't like the coach, but we don't know the details.

I guess it's just a minor injuries, players play with little problems every time (if they want to)... And anyway is still a third place final at home, not the useless match ever.

And I would assume a lot of fans assumed China would be in the final and they bought tickets for the Final?
    But another no sense thing. The FInal starts in 5 hours. The games should be schedule no more than 3 hours apart.

Usually the two matches of the same day are in the same tickets, but I wondered too why so many times between the matches, and may be the reason is that they split the tickets selling separately different matches of the same day?

• I guess it's just a minor injuries, players play with little problems every time (if they want to)... And anyway is still a third place final at home, not the useless match ever.

There is no such thing "minor" injury. If you have had an articulation injury in your life, you know what I mean.

• Usually the two matches of the same day are in the same tickets, but I wondered too why so many times between the matches, and may be the reason is that they split the tickets selling separately different matches of the same day?

Because they are 5 hours apart I assume you must buy a ticket for each game. Another thing is that if the Chinese games are being broadcast live on TV, they want to make sure the Chinese game will start on time, so I guess in this case even 3 hours apart could cause some delay...but 4 hours should be more than enough or even 3:30m.