Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• There is no such thing "minor" injury. If you have had an articulation injury in your life, you know what I mean.

Of course there are: once I had the same traumatic injury (or better, I injured in the same way at the same time) both wrist: the left was practically ok in few hours and I would have played without problems the next day (despite not being perfectly ok), the right needed a month and a half to stop annoying me, and I absolutely wouldn't have been able to play for at least the first month.
    Not to speak about my knees, back etc etc... Ok, I play at not agonistic level now so I don't have a medical staff to evaluate every time, but if you think that players play only with zero pain you live in another world I'm afraid... Have you notice how many put the colored stripes on or play with knee/ankles supporters? (Some are used to prevent more injuries on the same articulation, but not all)

• Of course there are: once I had the same traumatic injury (or better, I injured in the same way at the same time) both wrist: the left was practically ok in few hours and I would have played without problems the next day (despite not being perfectly ok), the right needed a month and a half to stop annoying me, and I absolutely wouldn't have been able to play for at least the first month.
    Not to speak about my knees, back etc etc... Ok, I play at not agonistic level now so I don't have a medical staff to evaluate every time, but if you think that players play only with zero pain you live in another world I'm afraid... Have you notice how many put the colored stripes on or play with knee/ankles supporters? (Some are used to prevent more injuries on the same articulation, but not all)

The problem with articulation injuries is if you don't take care of immediately, it could become chronicle and it will be hard to rid off. I have had a shoulder and a knee articulation injuries while I was practicing Judo. I keep participating competitions because it was a "minor" injury. But the situation had aggravated so much that I needed to stop all intense activity for a year to heal my tendons inflammation and my ligaments elongation. I was "lucky" that I didn't need any surgery.

• But this is a different case, she just have to play a one important match and then she can have all the attention and rest in the world... if it's actually minor I don't think a single match can transform it in a chronic injury...

• This last World Grand Prix is turning surprise directions all the time. But Mihajlovic injury isn't a story, I think: ankle injury since Thursday, so she rested yesterday and today they tried, if she can play, and had to give up after a while to prevent an even worse injury.

Mihajlovic is completely fine, Serbia just secured 3rd set thanks to her outstanding performance on court. Dont know why people bring such a bull*&*((* story to price themselves. ?(

• A lot of fans arriving towards the end, I wonder what they will be doing for the next 3 hours until the Finals starts....well I will take a nap and I will wake up 5am(my time) to cheer for Italy.

I`m still really disappointed with Serbia, this should be GOLD and not Bronze. I won`t even waste my time watching the European Championship after their fail.

• But this is a different case, she just have to play a one important match and then she can have all the attention and rest in the world... if it's actually minor I don't think a single match can transform it in a chronic injury...

Thaisa Menezes wouldn't agree with you. As for Zhu Ting, I wish all my heart that she didn't aggravate her situation. Because she will participate the Grand Champions Cup in September and then she will go back to play with Vakifbank.

• Congratulations to Serbia, they deserved the match. Boskovic has been superb in thew last two games, unfortunately her teammates had too many ups and downs. It is also my impression that Serbia could beat anyone if they just stay more focus and do less mistakes. They are surely going to work on that, let's see at the ECH what they'll do.

One question: are the statistics on the FIVB site reguarding the all tournament (preliminary phase and final six), or just the first part?

• The Chinese coach is so anxious and makes everybody so confused. What's the sense of calling a time out at 24-20!!!???!!
    China has regressed from previous year, the new introductions are not as good as the old players (Qian; YuanYuan) luckly, Hui; Xu; Yan Ni and Yang Fangxu seem to be back for the Grand Champions Cup.. :whistle:
    #bringbacklangping

• So Drussyla is starting instead of Rosamaria. Dru is better in service and reception.

• Drussyla is not a good attacker? I don't think you saw the semifinals match or even Brazilian league this year...because this comment does not many any sense. Of course she is no Egonu, but she is definetly a good attacker

• One question: are the statistics on the FIVB site reguarding the all tournament (preliminary phase and final six), or just the first part?

If you go to the menu group 1 and click on statistics, it is only final round

• Drussyla is not a good attacker? I don't think you saw the semifinals match or even Brazilian league this year...because this comment does not many any sense. Of course she is no Egonu, but she is definetly a good attacker

I said 'not as good' meaning Rosamaria is a better.. She can sure hit the ball hard and has some shots here and there, but she's not such a threat at the net

• Quoted from "Kk15"

But this is a different case, she just have to play a one important match and then she can have all the attention and rest in the world... if it's actually minor I don't think a single match can transform it in a chronic injury...
    Thaisa Menezes wouldn't agree with you. As for Zhu Ting, I wish all my heart that she didn't aggravate her situation. Because she will participate the Grand Champions Cup in September and then she will go back to play with Vakifbank.

Thaisa had a quite serious injury already which meant she shouldn't have been playing. Just because Thaisa's injury wasn't minor doesn't mean there is no such thing as a minor injury. I fully expect Zhu had medical tests done and they showed that the injury was not serious and she could play