You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 4:42pm

It's our brand :thumbup: In Italy we don't like the GOLD medal
And the same thing happened in the Men's Final of Rio 2016. I am still recovering from that match (mostly because Gianelli is my baby)

Indeed, and look at Cev Cups final matches this yea: 4 defeats by 4 Italian teams. Again, we LOVE the silver colour :D IT's more elegant, more sophisticated

totally true... silver looks better!!!!

:thumbsup:

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 4:43pm

sun jinfang... wow. the beginning of a dynasty, 1981...

And the same thing happened in the Men's Final of Rio 2016. I am still recovering from that match (mostly because Gianelli is my baby)

Indeed, and look at Cev Cups final matches this yea: 4 defeats by 4 Italian teams. Again, we LOVE the silver colour :D IT's more elegant, more sophisticated
When was the last time Italy Men won any gold medal? The women won back in 2011 right?

vabo

Professional

• "vabo" is male

Oh well, at least the Italians are not crying this time :flower:

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 4:45pm

Brazil! :dance6:

THUNDERara! :heart:

Bye bye Italy. :wavy:
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

I will said it before and I will say it again... SHAME on the 11 teams. And they should be hitting their heads on the wall with Brazil winning it again....

...I honestly don`t think Brazil will ever loose the Grand Prix, if they can win with a Brand new set of players and rookies, how will they ever NOT win?? Every team out there must open their eyes and play better and with more passion and fire just like Brazil does..

:mad: :obey: :aww: :what:
Brazil is the last team we want to see winning this years Grand Prix. And if they win this year again FIVB should just cancel the GP...because it will be really F%$#%$$%%% and every team should get spanked really hard.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mamdani

Professional

• "Mamdani" is male

Favourite Team: Azimut Modena Volley, Italy NT (M/F)

Favourite Players: Vullo - Cuminetti - Van de Goor - Giani - Bracci - Cantagalli (Modena 96/97)

When was the last time Italy Men won any gold medal? The women won back in 2011 right?

2005 Eurovolley.
Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

My dream team:

Setter: Roberta
MB: Ana & Adenizia
OH: Zhu & Mihajlovic
Opp: Tandara
Libero: De Genarro

MVP: Tandara

I would trade Roberta to Malinov or the Chinese setter, and OPP to Egonu.
I think Roberta played her role very well, bringing this team to won the gold medal. But maybe you are right, Egonu should have won best opp.

But is it possible for Tandara to win the MVP without an individual award?

aXeLbEn12

Densetsu Sannin

• "aXeLbEn12" is male

Favourite Team: Brazil, Fenerbahçe, Unilever

Favourite Players: Fofao, Kim Young, Sheilla Castro, Marianne Steinbrecher, Lioubov Sokolova, Yevgeniya Artamonova, Taismary Aguero, Giba

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 4:46pm

I don`t get it how Egonu and Boskovic gets blocked by Brazil, but Serbia/Italy can`t stop Tandara.
ahahah I was wondering the same!!!! :whistle:

Like who??

Serbia? USA? Russia? Italy? Brazil has beaten all of them in the past 2 years frame and that`s exactly how they manage to win. Only team that seams better than Brazil is China once Brazil lost for them the in the last 3 meetings. ( excluding the Mountreux).

And looks kind clearly had China not beaten Brazil in that quaterfinal Brazil would be 3x Champion. I always wondered if Serbia would have beaten Brazil if that was the final. but now I think Brazil would have beaten Serbia if they were in the final.

Oh welllllllllll...... Shame on every team ....Congrats to Brazil but they should not have won this again.... I`m so pissed. :mad:
I can easily say that there are better teams than today's Brazil. But this is sport and this is volleyball, congratulations.
With Brazil might be getting stronger with this line-up next year you might be ready for some more heartbreak HAHAHAHA

But do you think Gabi and Juciely will still have their sport in the NT?

gabi - she's still young and brazil always have problems on who to put on the OH position so I think she's still going to be selected or at least one of the options.
juciely - she's already too old BUT if she continues to play really well, why not?

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 4:48pm

I don`t get it how Egonu and Boskovic gets blocked by Brazil, but Serbia/Italy can`t stop Tandara.
ahahah I was wondering the same!!!! :whistle:

Like who??

Serbia? USA? Russia? Italy? Brazil has beaten all of them in the past 2 years frame and that`s exactly how they manage to win. Only team that seams better than Brazil is China once Brazil lost for them the in the last 3 meetings. ( excluding the Mountreux).

And looks kind clearly had China not beaten Brazil in that quaterfinal Brazil would be 3x Champion. I always wondered if Serbia would have beaten Brazil if that was the final. but now I think Brazil would have beaten Serbia if they were in the final.

Oh welllllllllll...... Shame on every team ....Congrats to Brazil but they should not have won this again.... I`m so pissed. :mad:
I can easily say that there are better teams than today's Brazil. But this is sport and this is volleyball, congratulations.
With Brazil might be getting stronger with this line-up next year you might be ready for some more heartbreak HAHAHAHA

But do you think Gabi and Juciely will still have their sport in the NT?

gabi - she's still young and brazil always have problems on who to put on the OH position so I think she's still going to be selected or at least one of the options.
juciely - she's already too old BUT if she continues to play really well, why not?
But with Rosamaria, Natalia, Fe Garay, and Drussyla around, will she be able to grab her spot?

Juciely might be old, but she is still a world-class player. She was the reason Rexona won that fifth-set on the recent Superliga final.

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 4:51pm

throwing to the dogs
but that idiom means to allow someone to be criticized or attacked.
Wrong choice of idiom??

no, it means to "throw something away." for example, if you throw a good fillet mignon steak to the dogs... you want to keep it for yourself.
throw somebody to the dogs

to allow someone to be criticized or attacked, often in order to protect yourself from being criticized or attacked I reallyfelt as if I'd been thrown to the dogs just to save other people's reputations.
See also: dog, throw
Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006. Reproduced with permission.

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 4:55pm

Best setter should be Roberta, and MVP Tandara or even Egonu.

Natalia deserves it but she already won it last year. I think this makes her the only back to back MVP.

Boskovic best OPP :box:

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 4:56pm

throw somebody to the dogs

to allow someone to be criticized or attacked, often in order to protect yourself from being criticized or attacked I reallyfelt as if I'd been thrown to the dogs just to save other people's reputations.
I can confirm this is how the expression is used here in the UK at least

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 4:57pm

Natalia deserves it but she already won it last year. I think this makes her the only back to back MVP.

Other than Sheila Castro has there any other player that won the MVP more than once?

aXeLbEn12

Densetsu Sannin

• "aXeLbEn12" is male

Favourite Team: Brazil, Fenerbahçe, Unilever

Favourite Players: Fofao, Kim Young, Sheilla Castro, Marianne Steinbrecher, Lioubov Sokolova, Yevgeniya Artamonova, Taismary Aguero, Giba

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 4:58pm

congrats to italy for silver! i'm pretty sure that this young team will be a more dangerous opponent in the future :flower:

to brazil - wow, everybody actually played! :white: talk about team play!

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 5:01pm

Truth is stranger than fiction!

Just around 12 months ago the Chinese team won big in the Brazilian soil. The host got empty handed.

This time the Brazilian team returned the favor, it won here after passed the needle hole, thus it's a big win as well, and the same thing also happened, the host got nothing either.

Just a funny tidbit :-)

But I'm happy to see the Brazilian team gets the trophy again after I lost my horse. It seems this team really has the multi-year contract with WGP liken the Japanese has the multi-year contract with FIVB for hosting the World Cup :P So congratulations to the Brazilian team for the 12th trophy iirc! What an achievement!

As for the Italian team, it has been performing much better than most folks might ever expect at the beginning, just a few might truly expect this team to come that far in this F6 round. Yet it did make it. But unlike in the preceding match, there's no such X factor sided with this team today, in fact the X factor might very well have switched side today to the Brazilian favor watching how the games developed. But having a silver medal is still quite an achievement for this dark horse team, indeed. So congratulations too!

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 5:01pm

Leila Barros 1996 and 1998
Artamova 1997 and 2002
Sheilla 2006 and 2009
Natalia 2016 and 2017

Other than Sheila Castro has there any other player that won the MVP more than once?

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 5:02pm

Logan Tom has not been MVP?? wow

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 5:04pm

Natalia is the first person ever to win back-to-back MVP. This is going to be a huge pressure on her to carry the team from here on now.

Any one knows the result for the Dream Team?

Edit: NVM got it. I think Roberta was robbed. Hmm.

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson, Gozde, Fabi, Lloyd.

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 5:08pm

Logan Tom has not been MVP?? wow
Yes, she has. He was talking about two time MVP players. Logan won in 2004 despite the US not being able to reach the finals

Social bookmarks