Ist outside spiker - zhu ting
    2nd outside spiker - natalia
    1st middle blocker - adenizia
    2nd middle blocker - bia
    Libero - italian libero
    Opposite - tandara
    Mvp - tandara

How about yours? Feel free to clmment

• match between ned and china 14-10 up to 16-18 in favor of the chinese team was a total gift for the brazilians!
    They took serbia in tacticd bringing out the best in tem. Come finals... everything was right on the brazil side including luck!!! :)

Can you imagine 18-11 in the third set up to 21-22 mainly because if rosa maria and tandara and bia!!!!!!!
    Brazil's tactician is so wonderful.

I like it when ze roberto changed naiane to macris however maybe because of limited time plays macris did not deliver as much as we wanted her to show off her skills in setting. More play time for her!!! This grand prix is heartbreaking to naiane.. ze could sent mara home! Mara wasnt used in all games... i pity her!

Tandara is really the best opposite and the mvp of the season honestly!!!! Justice for her!!!

• We practically list down the same playerd except I put Mihajlovic on Natalia's place.

Though i agree on you if your basis is the preliminaries... mihajlovic totally messed up in the final round... i could even replaced it with plak or daldarop... special mentions to rosa maria and drussyla...

• It's the same mistake that Serbia did against China: thinking about the fact that you already beaten them once.. I feel so heartbroken as well, this Rio squad was the BEST team in the world, and probably the best italian team since 2000

And the same thing happened in the Men's Final of Rio 2016. I am still recovering from that match (mostly because Gianelli is my baby)

• Congrats to Brazil! Can't say how much I'm relieved see them win (and Italy get second place) because I feared that women's volleyball has gone the way of the giants.
    When Tandara is on, she's on, but I can't count how many times I got frustrated with her in the entire GP. I was hoping that she'd be moved from opposite to outside, so that small compromise by Coach Ze during the semis to make her the left-side hitter when she rotated front was satisfying. (BTW, I'd like to segue a bit to my observation that Mara looks a bit like Fofao).
    And yes, the commentator did a very good job not just in REALLY explaining volleyball, but also in pronouncing many of the names right.

• Tandara can't really win the MVP when the far favorites as Best Opposite were Boskovic and Egonu. Far more reliable imo. And Zhu Ting even though she isn't an opposite, they share zome similarities with their roles. For me those three would have better chances of winning the MVP than her.

And Natalia had more responsibilities like reception, attack so she will get the nod over her as the MVP. If there's a formula she'll win over anyone in her team.

But in my opinion... Roberta deserves the MVP award among the brazilians. She turned a lot of trash into gold and that's really the kind of job you want to see in your setter. I highly doubt Tandara and Natalia are going to score without her cinsidering the prettt bad reception of Brazil. They shouldn't even be scoring like that.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Tandara played magnificently, happy for her! I think I just became a fan of Natalia! Although she makes some silly mistakes, she is really smart and clever! and what a jump she has..wonder how high is her reach ?!? :super:

Tandara can't really win the MVP when the far favorites as Best Opposite were Boskovic and Egonu. Far more reliable imo. And Zhu Ting even though she isn't an opposite, they share zome similarities with their roles.

And Natalia had more responsibilities like reception, attack so she will get the nod over her as the MVP.

• throw somebody to the dogs

to allow someone to be criticized or attacked, often in order to protect yourself from being criticized or attacked I reallyfelt as if I'd been thrown to the dogs just to save other people's reputations.
    See also: dog, throw
    Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006. Reproduced with permission.

in this example above, it means "to betray someone." but vabo said "throw the gold medal to the dogs", not someone.

• Tandara can't really win the MVP when the far favorites as Best Opposite were Boskovic and Egonu. Far more reliable imo. And Zhu Ting even though she isn't an opposite, they share zome similarities with their roles. For me those three would have better chances of winning the MVP than her.

And Natalia had more responsibilities like reception, attack so she will get the nod over her as the MVP. If there's a formula she'll win over anyone in her team.

But in my opinion... Roberta deserves the MVP award among the brazilians. She turned a lot of trash into gold and that's really the kind of job you want to see in your setter. I highly doubt Tandara and Natalia are going to score without her cinsidering the prettt bad reception of Brazil. They shouldn't even be scoring like that.

Dani Lins can say goodbye to the NT now, or at least her spot as the starting setter. Roberta has truly proven herself. She might still need a lot to learn, but like I said previously, she carried the team with her sets despite the fact this is one of the weakest receiving line-ups Brazil has seen in years. I guess being a backup for Fofao in Rexona really taught her a lot.

• What to say... First of all, congrats to Brazil, which grabbed this title with 'nails and teeth', as we say in Italy.
    A path I would have loved (as I usually love the 'underdog' stories), if we wouldn't have been their victims ;) :obey:

Secondly, congrats to my girls :heart: :flower:
    Obviously there are few regrets (the end of the first set and especially the choke in the third), but I feel the girls try almost everything in their power to stay in the match, and we must realize that winning a medal – even being in the final6!! – is something that arrived unexpected, a huge gift for Italian volleyball.
    One years ago we played a terrible Olympic Game, now with quite a different – and very young! – team we are a silver medallist.
    Mazzanti promise/idea was to brought Italy back to the podium for the 2019 ECh, and we nailed it at the first attempt. I'm very sad for today but at the same time very proud, grateful and impressed ^^

If two months ago they would have told me that the male would ended up in the last spot (playing the worst WL ever) and the girls would have got a silver (evening our best GP result ever) I wouldn't had ever believed it :P

What makes you think this is going to be an easy game?

I think he meant that – watching how the first and the third set ended – we even had the chance to win 3-0.
    It's not that this morning he woke up thinking 'we will definitely win 3-0'! ;)

MVP: Natalia

OPP - Boskovic
    Libero - Genarro
    OH - Zhu & Natalia
    MB: Ana Beatriz & Rasic
    Setter - Ding Xia

thinking about the fact that you already beaten them once..

For me Boskovic is really deserved, as Zhu, Moki, Rasic, Ana Beatriz (but I was challenged with Adenizia – and I loved Stefanovic today but she didn't play enough for an award).
    On the other hand, Ding Xia didn't impressed me – especially in the semi – and also considering that China got the 4th place I would have gave the award to Roberta or in case Malinov (today I didn't always loved her but she played a great tournament, she definitely exceeded my expectations).

Natalia for me didn't deserved that much the OH award but I don't see many other that deserved it more, since Mihajlovic didn't play very well yesterday.
    About the MVP, I would have gave to Tandara (with Boskovic still best opposite; or the other way around). Or to Natalia if someone else had her OH award.

I'm glad that more than one written down the name of Egonu for the awards, but I think that both Boskovic and Tandara played better than her (among the opposite and my possible MVP).
    If we would have won I would have expected at least the opposite award for her (or at least an award for someone else!), but after all for me Moki is the only one in the Italian teams that truly deserved an award. Which is a bit sad because it means Egonu and Malinov didn't play perfectly (still quite well for me), but at the same time is good because it say something about our team effort ;)

thinking about the fact that you already beaten them once.

That wasn't the point, since we beaten twice the USA in that same tournament. In case, 'winning a gold' and 'winning a gold at the olympics' and 'beating Brazil in a crucial match' where our problems xD

• If Brazil had Egonu then she'll be the MVP.

The reason she make a lot of errors cause Lucia and Caterina can't hit high balls during a very bad transition.

If Brazil had Egonu, the mistakes will be a lot less on her because the balls won't be forced all to her.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Your 'if games' are quite funny, Rains of Castamere xD

The reason your team is in the finals is because of Egonu and a little luck. :whistle:

The reason Brazil even won the tournament deserves a long novel of thank-yous to Zhu Ting and China. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Though it seems irrelevant, I would give Ze Roberto the MVP.
    He was the only coach that makes every substitution with a reason and with an effect. We can see that he really made good game plans for his players.
    After the heartbroken defeat in the Rio olympic, he successfully leads his team to overcome the trauma and rebuild the team. [though sometimes I really think he benefited a lot from using many good players trained up by the even more legendary coach Bernardinho..........like Fabi Natalia Juciely Gabi Roberta Drusylla Carol]

• Brazil won because they displayed the highest level of energy, commitment and discipline in their game, which is something that was strangely lacking from both Serbia and China throughout the entire F6. Italy was close, but ultimately they lacked a bit of experience and self-belief, which is something that will come in time and they should be nothing but proud of their effort.

I don't know if China felt too much pressure to deliver playing at home or what it was, but they never looked like they were taking this one. As for Serbia, they seemed to have regressed to their old ways and constantly going up and down. Granted, the highs are much higher now than before, but it it's still disturbing how their entire game can unravel for seemingly no reason at all. At least they finished the tournament playing the best they did this week.

• And yes, the commentator did a very good job not just in REALLY explaining volleyball, but also in pronouncing many of the names right.

I wish we knew who that guy was. If we find out we should send a group hug to him on behalf of inside volleycountry, the largest english language volleyball forum in the world and thank him for his work and beg him to do more.