Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Ill try to explain for you the reason why we brazilians dont give so much attention, and passion, to superplayers... As everybody knows, at the 90's, we had a dream team, with Fernanda, Fofão, Ana Moser, Hilma, Fu, Ana Paula, Ida, Ana Flavia, Leila, Virna... And, in other hand, we had Cuba too... And we learned, at the worst way, that a impressive attack by Luis or Torres makes the same number of points of a top of the block used by Virna... This kind of psychological advantage by intimidation of a great attack was completly dissolved at Brasil philosofy of game... They just dont care about this... And we, brazilian fans, dont mind about this players... I had many doubts about Zhu, as a player, how long she will "survive" out of her natural enviorment (Chinas full time national team), but after that game with Ned, without any necessitie to win, i saw a trully champion and a player compromissed with their team and hers fans. She is, despite your skills, a superplayer.

• agreed. i am not saying that these new generation is a bad player, but compared to the likes of Mari, Sheila, and Paula -- they were never this green. they showed so much promise from the get go. that is why some of us are really concerned with Brazil's performance. however, the fact that they won two tournaments already shows that these new gen of players might pull a shocker.

• Stop screaming blue murder and don't be so hypocritical. There were hate comments and obscenities from the Italian "fans" in the social media as well when China had beaten Italy in 2014. Where were your indignation when the Italian fans behave badly? I don't care where they are from but I hate all those sore loser fans. I went to Paula Egonu and Cristina Chririchella's facebook , their Instagram and their twitter to see how "serious" those obscenities and I found none. I'm not sure if you're making up such story, just for the sake of playing victim.

You are the most useless user this forum ever had. Troll into the ignore list.

• You are the most useless user this forum ever had. Troll into the ignore list.

Oh please, don't project your uselessness and your trolling behavior at me. The following links are social medias related to Paola Egonu and Cristina Chirichella (facebook, Instagram,twitter). So tell us where those "obscenities" from the Chinese "fans"?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/egonu?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/cristina.chirichella

https://www.instagram.com/paolaegonu/?hl=en

https://www.facebook.com/cristinachirichellafp/

https://twitter.com/chiri_cristy?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/paola.egonu

• How convenient, you only linked those pages where abuse was cleaned up. Anyway:

I started my verification with the most popular Italian players and from their most popular social medias. For this, I don't see why you said I "cherry" pick the "cleaned" link. If you don't like my links, why don't you show us those "uncleaned" social media links related to the two players? As for your links, there are only three morons (limomo5438, zixiaoping9535,sanderfan) keep trolling with their obscenities. For this, I don't see why you're such snowflake. I'm not downplaying their stupidities and everybody knows that I had criticized the Chinese fans for behaving badly during the Netherlands vs China tiebreak. But next time before playing holier than thou again, you should also check how the Italian fans behave during a match or when your team lost the final.

• Looks like we've found our Kim vs Zhu Ting v2 for the future :D

You mean Zhu is already old and gone??! :whistle: :rolll:

I started my verification with the most popular Italian players and from their most popular social medias. For this, I don't see why you said I "cherry" pick the "cleaned" link. If you don't like my links, why don't you show us those "uncleaned" social media links related to the two players? As for your links, there are only three morons (limomo5438, zixiaoping9535,sanderfan) keep trolling with their obscenities. For this, I don't see why you're such snowflake. I'm not downplaying their stupidities and everybody knows that I had criticized the Chinese fans for behaving badly during the Netherlands vs China tiebreak. But next time before playing holier than thou again, you should also check how the Italian fans behave during a match or when your team lost the final.

• Looks like we've found our Kim vs Zhu Ting v2 for the future :D

hello ,,,i dont know how to use this ..so i just try ..you guys can ignore me..

You mean Zhu is already old and gone??! :whistle: :rolll:

• Why is "OK" for the Italy and for the Serbia to rest their best players (Egonu and Mihajlovic were not playing in their last F6 games), but it's not OK for the Chinese to rest their best players?

Edit: I also want to add that Milena Rasic had just played two first sets and Chririchella Cristina just had played in the last sets as server. They rested their best players even though they (Italy and Serbia) need to fight for the first place in t their groups.

For all these, I ask you again why is OK for the Italy and for the Serbia to rest their best players in their last F6 game, but it's not OK for the Chinese to do the same ?

Fe garay is also my favorite

• Hey Guys,

I know the British commentator who was commentating at the FIVB World Grand Prix, Clayton Lucas. After some of the positive things you guys had to say on here, I sent him a message just to let him know some of you appreciated his work. He said to say thanks! He will be at the Grand Champions cup for both men and women, and this was what he had to say: -

"..If people that are watching on the forums you are with have any in- match questions - they can ask via twitter @claytonvolley and what i tend to do is wait for it to happen again or bring the subject up and try to answer the questions. Difficult in China as no access to social media!

So during the competition if we have any comments or questions, you can ask and he will comment on it live! Obviously I am trusting that no-one will use it inappropriately or to send negative messages lol.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

• :dance4: :dance6: :woohoo: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

• Very cool . Thanks for sending him a thank you from some of us here.

• Can Fofao p

Dani Lins can say goodbye to the NT now, or at least her spot as the starting setter. Roberta has truly proven herself. She might still need a lot to learn, but like I said previously, she carried the team with her sets despite the fact this is one of the weakest receiving line-ups Brazil has seen in years. I guess being a backup for Fofao in Rexona really taught her a lot.

Can Fofao already accept ZRG's offer as assistant coach pls!

• I just saw this GIF of the match point Zhu Ting saved against Ned.
    The height of the Antenna is 304 cm, could this be 310 cm?
    I've never seen Zhu Jumps this high since 2013, I heard Lang Ping told her not to jump with full power for the longevity of her Carrier.

• When the FIVB calculates the spike hight, I saw some 305 for Zhu and some 307 for Egonu.. I have never seen some female player over 310 but maybe both of them can :super: According to FIVB Zhu's reach is 327 but to me nobody or very few players are reporting their actual reach. Zhang is reporting 315 - 303 but actually she spikes way higher (probably touching 325-330) the same holds for Yuan who is supposed to reach 317 311 but from the what she proved on court, she is way over the top..

I just saw this GIF of the match point Zhu Ting saved against Ned.
    The height of the Antenna is 304 cm, could this be 310 cm?
    I've never seen Zhu Jumps this high since 2013, I heard Lang Ping told her not to jump with full power for the longevity of her Carrier.

• When the FIVB calculates the spike hight, I saw some 305 for Zhu and some 307 for Egonu.. I have never seen some female player over 310 but maybe both of them can :super: According to FIVB Zhu's reach is 327 but to me nobody or very few players are reporting their actual reach. Zhang is reporting 315 - 303 but actually she spikes way higher (probably touching 325-330) the same holds for Yuan who is supposed to reach 317 311 but from the what she proved on court, she is way over the top..

There are many players who can spike over 310.. Kim Glass was 320, Akinradewo spikes at 331, Hooker 325

• There are many players who can spike over 310.. Kim Glass was 320, Akinradewo spikes at 331, Hooker 325

IMHO
    It's not SPIKING that's a mistake, it's the REACH actually. If you see some of the last FIVB matches you will see that they calculate the SPIKE HIGHT. For instance EGONU (whose reach is at 336) has some spikes at 310 - 300 Zhu as well has some 308 - 300. If you add to those numbers the lenght of their arms you get their reported reach :teach:
    PS - HOOKER is said to reach 343 of spike... :whistle:

• The spike is the highest reach, not the average. No way any player can sustain that for every jump. Anything 300 or more is very good.

• Heard an interesting bit of news last night during the USA-Brazil friendly from Paul Sunderland.

The new look World League will have the same prize money for men and women. I had not seen anything saying that, so a surprise to me and many others as well I think.