Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Turkey started well and then Çagla made about 10 mistakes!!! after which Turkey was a huge mess. Every single player played horrible today after like first 10 points. Nobody was even communicating or anything, but it all started with Cagla who Guidetti uses as main setter atm :white: Everything went wrong from reception to setting to attacking. Almost like Kazakhstan or something was on court. Even Hande and Kubra were horrible and the liberos. Meryem and Polen were both bad today but the Opp's were not even our worst players today and thats a huge problem for Turkish NT. Dicle was non existent. Seyma was like an amateur. Meliha was just a bit better. It hurt watching these girls today. Gamze was bad too but maybe if she started she would be better.

Anyone notice Fatma's huge drop in performance btw? She plays nothing like last year and she was supposed to be like our main player of this NT.

These players need to step up and fight more and Guidetti needs to step up his coaching because he literally did almost everything wrong too. Takes no time outs, changes players too late or at the wrong time. I feel like these girls still need time for some team chemistry because no one worked well together today.
    I just hope they had a bad day...

• Dijkema is bad like she used to be 3 years ago :)

• Guidetti must be nuts, he killed his own team by starting with Cagla as main setter. She is young and so but there is a reason she played the entire season in a so so team and finished in a so so place. She is not the kind of setter that fires her team and she is definitely not a winner as a player. Gamze is and it is such a shame to see her in bench, knowing that she became the best setter of the league. If Guidetti trusts Cagla that much and keeps using her over Gamze, I strongly recommend that Gamze quits NT and refuses to play. What a waste of a summer for such a good player. I indeed prefer watching a team where Ezgi Dilik is the setter than Cagla, then I at least expect some sort of excitement, with Cagla, I also feel like watching Kazakhstan NT. Today showed that Gamze and Ezgi should be the setters and Cagla should focus on improving her game in U23, not her technique or anything similar but she needs to get mentally strength and needs to drive her team.

Meryem was terrible today, she did actually get terrible sets but she is not a person who can do things in such situations. We saw how Polen could actually help her team side out even with terrible sets.

Our main problem is OHs. Hande is not capable of delivering what is expected from her, she is not there to receive or defend, besides she cant attack either. Fatma is there to receive but she cant, same for Seyma. I wonder why Meliha is there? Unfortunately these are the only alternatives we have now, I wish Birgul Guler was in squad instead of Seyma or Meliha.

Guidetti was terrible as coach today. It is difficult to understand his player choices, his late time outs and late subsitutitions. I mean was is that hard to start the 3rd set with Gamze and 2 new MBs, Beyza and Asli? The problem is, it was sooo boring to watch the match when he simply did nothing to change things.

Btw, maybe it is possible that Gamze is still injured and thats why he only uses her in backrow, doesnt want her to jump in the front row. I wish we heard about what the problem is there. About setters, it is also a joke that Terzic prefers Zivkovic over Antonijevic :down:

• Haha, im watching tournament in Cameroon, and they are playing national anthems live on keyboard or something like this :D

• I like the starting lineup for Japan. I hope Horikawa does well

• Haha. She's got the first three points

And then an ace serve :super:

• It's great to see so many Dutch fans staying in the stadium for JPN-THA match and making a lot of noise!

I'm right here now and I love the atmosphere. The behavior of fans, the smooth vibes, players getting together with fans. It's impossible not to love this country ^^

• Yes that's very cool.

Btw I'm using Hola extension in Chrome pretending I'm in Germany to get the FIVB stream if any needs that to know

• Set #1 to Japan. 25-19

I really like the Thai players, especially the lovely number 18, Kongyot. But I'm rooting for Japan. They looked pretty good. Blocked some shots (ok it's Thailand). I'm not have high hopes for Inoue as the Libero. Tominaga looks decent as the setter

• The new generation of Thai wing spikers is very promising. In the future they can be even better than Wilavan-Malika-Onuma trio. My favourite is #19 Chatchu-On Moksri. :super:

• My favourite is #19 Chatchu-On Moksri.

I like her very much too and she's only 18.

Thailand takes set #2. 25-18

• I think the Nootsara to Pleumjit slam dunk is one of the best and fastest in the business. I love that play.

• Thailand gets a lot of yellow cards :whistle:

Haruka Miyashita is one of the quickest defensive players in the world :super: love her in that.

• "

Haha, im watching tournament in Cameroon, and they are playing national anthems live on keyboard or something like this :D "

Mimek?
    a link please? first game was not avalaible on fivb youtube chanel .

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• i couldnt watch Turkey-Serbia
    i just couldnt get why Guidetti started wit setter Çağla Akın instead of Gamze..im not sure if Gamze had been the starting setter would she have made the magic with the curent players' curent performances but at least we could have watched more middle attacks
    i hope Gamze hasnt been playing due to her small injury (if exists) otherwise this would be frustrating for Gamze to sit on the bench and watching Çağla's bad game...if she doenst have any injuries i have an "absurd" theory that Guidetti wants to punish her bcz her team eliminated his team at the semifinal of VVSL and she had played very well :P