Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• another great rally here at 1:22:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPbaHZbOy4Y

what do you guys think of kwiek's crazy experiment that brayelin should be a passing OH? only a mad genius would come up with that idea, but he did it, and she's an ok backcourt player, but sometimes i think, she'll never be as good as a backcourt player that she needs to be, or DOM needs her to be (because she's just too tall), and maybe she should be just an attacking OPP, or attacking OH only, where she can do lots of damage. the problem i think is that pena and the other OHs are not as good as rivera or de la cruz, so brayelin plays that role... maybe kwiek will come up with another crazy scheme, like CUB used to have (passing/backcourt MBs?).

• what do you guys think of kwiek's crazy experiment that brayelin should be a passing OH? only a mad genius would come up with that idea, but he did it, and she's an ok backcourt player, but sometimes i think, she'll never be as good as a backcourt player that she needs to be, or DOM needs her to be (because she's just too tall), and maybe she should be just an attacking OPP, or attacking OH only, where she can do lots of damage. the problem i think is that pena and the other OHs are not as good as rivera or de la cruz, so brayelin plays that role... maybe kwiek will come up with another crazy scheme, like CUB used to have (passing/backcourt MBs?).

Hmm I don't know. I think she's just fine as receiving OH for the team (and in Italy too from what I could see her play for Busto), but I agree with you that I don't see her being the backcourt force she needs to be. She's still young, so who knows, perhaps Kwiek can find a better receiving OH in the future and she can transition to OPP. It's not like they would miss Mambru too much...

• i just got to the point in the match when she collapsed. to me, brayelin is truly a brave player. she, in spite of her size, goes for all the balls, she's not a zero in the backcourt (like a certain tall ITA OPP), she passes and defends well for such a tall girl. and she's so good at such young age. i don't see egonu being as good in the backcourt as she is, not to mention that certain tall ITA girl...

saishuu,i disagree about mambru. she's a very valuable player for DOM, and they'd miss her...

valdez, oh my, she's having a good match. serving really tough, lots of blocks and kills too.

• saishuu,i disagree about mambru. she's a very valuable player for DOM, and they'd miss her...

That's okay. I'm just so used to seeing either De La Cruz or Martinez as their main attacking weapons that I'm always under the impression that Mambru often gets overshined by them.

I do agree that Jineiry will be a huge force in the future though! I'd say she's even ready to play in a bigger league than the French one.

• I was very surprised seeing Valdez on court , I thought she retired ..did she play somewhere last season?

• U must hunt down NBC Sports. The reason we can`t watch on youtube in the US it is because they bought the rights to broadcast the games. Of course they only broadcast the USA games and with 1 day delay basically.

http://www.nbcsports.com/live

HA HA HA... NBC AGAIN! THE SAME EVIL THAT BLOCKED THE WORLD'S ACCESSES TO THE RIO OG MATCHES (AND MANY MORE OGs), EVEN LONG AFTER THE EVENT!!!

The damned company that handed over many billions usd to the greedy & corrupt IOC high priests to get the sh!tty rights thus block many others in the world from viewing the games, even through replays one year after... the very ways to popularize the Olympic Games....

I hope this greedy broadcast company sinks one day... just gone like Lehman Brothers

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Bia is 25
    Rosamaria, Naiane, Saraelen, Juma, Valquiria, Gabriella, Gabi, Paula Borgo are 24
    Edinara, Drussyla are 21

• The hell is going on with Argentina :wall:

The Argentinian team made the huge mistake, they have set their target wrongly... thus reached their peak performance too much earlier... in Switzerland, at the fun games party, Montreux VM :-) LOL

Lost in straight to CAN 0-3 and quite narrowly 2-3 to CRO... this amazing HOST team will complete the three losses in a streak facing POL this evening to bottom the pool... a very kind-hearted host indeed, to the great services of their guests... :D

But what a dismay to the local fans, esp those at Nequen, to witness such collapse.

Don't Cry for Me Argentina... :whistle: :whistle: slowly and vaguely overheard in the background this song fills up the fading memory... of Peron, of losing the tiny island in 1980s

Don't Cry For Me Argentina - Tina Arena

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Russian Angelina Sperskaite playing as a Libero :white:
    This is her 3rd position after MB and OH :lol:

• Zeng was bad during 2016 Olympics selection process. She hit the antenna
    3 times in a row in a game during 2016 WGP. No way Lang Ping would
    choose an inexperienced Gong Xiangyu and injury prone Yang Fangxu over
    her if she had good form. It was just bad luck I guess.

Regarding Zhang Changning, coach An said she sustained a leg injury during practice but hoped she could play in the finals.

I also have great hope that Zhang Changning will/can be fielded in the Final Six in Nanjing...I'd guessed that some kind of injury might have hindered her from taking part in early rounds. This first year Olympic cycle should be the most appropriate time for China to put in more serious efforts in the finals --an event they hardly won in the past-- in addition to the great team they have nowadays there is nothing of bigger value to distract the mind in nearby either (the Grand Championship is grand in name only :D). I can imagine that four years ago in 2013 the CHN team was just new, young, inexperienced thus was not yet developed so not many to gain.

Feel somehow sorry for Zeng Chunlei for not going to Rio (in particular after her great in contributions in the earlier WC) but there were/are simply more suitable (also physically better) as well as younger players to fill up her shoes in the NT's limited seats (both Gong XY and Yang FX had proved that they're the correct selections to fulfill the team's needs). Nonetheless the Captain Zeng and also the former MB in NT, Yang Junjing, will be fondly recalled for their great contributions among other in the 2015 World Cup in Tokyo. Still spotting Zeng playing for her club, Beijing BAW VC, nowadays, while Yang is in Bayi VC. Best wishes for the endeavors of both in their journeys of life... :drink:

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• Good battle between russia and italy. Although italy have the advantage by being better offensively, i love the defensive hustle by Russia.

• Russian Angelina Sperskaite playing as a Libero :white:
    This is her 3rd position after MB and OH :lol:

She's very good surprisingly :white: To me it's really new Russia playing with 2 short OHs (Frolova and Kutiukova today and Parubets usually). I really like Filitsinskaya, she's delivering nice balls. She just needs to realize that Koroleva needs more balls to hit.

• Fetisova is the prima donna of the current Russian team, both in play and through her gorgeous looking (should address her Pritisova instead :love: :love: ) she gets improved compared to the last World Cup. Strange why shirt no.2 Frolova is in team as wing spiker, I think Russia has tall population.

Egonu contributes the crucial points, the match goes to five sets :-) those ticket buyers in Kunshan should greatly cheer the great show!

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Wow Croatia beat Argentina. Argentina is in huge problems if they lost against us, and we are super weak and super young.

Štimac (S) (17 years old) - Luketic (OPP) (19 years old)
    Mlinar (OH) (22 years old) - Pavicic (OH) (18 years old)
    Strunjak (MB) (18 years old) - Butigan (MB) (17 years old)
    Bozicevic (L) (21 years old)

• Egonu score 39 points. My God...

• Russia lost 2-3 four games in a row :aww:
    Except the match against USA, they grabbed the match point...

I hope they overcome this loser mentality.

• Poor Russian team, suffered three losses in five sets, the absence of the Twin Towers caused an unpatched great hole to the team.

Congratz to the Italian team for the great comeback, Egonu is definitely the key person of this victory... but the captain, Cristina Chirichella, remains the flower of the Italian team, she's cute :love:

• Russia lost 2-3 four games in a row :aww:
    Except the match against USA, they grabbed the match point...

I hope they overcome this loser mentality.

I don't mind the loss. I think the goal for most NTs this year is to gain experience. And i think this russian team is doing well for such short OHs.