Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• They have been doing almost only slides since Karch became the coach.. Carli set them in front more than Alisha, but now they do only slides again

There were two sets from Carli to the front almost consecutive that China blocked...it looks like the players just don't have the strength to attack this ball

• There were two sets from Carli to the front almost consecutive that China blocked...it looks like the players just don't have the strength to attack this ball

I don't think so.. Dixon loves to hit in front as much as the slide.. Adams couldn't hit the slide at all when she came to the NT, and 3 years later she was hitting only slides.. Also Foluke when Berg was the setter loved to hit a shoot set in front.. Karch doesn't like the back row attacks, so I assume he uses the slide as a front fow right wing

• Did China bring in those line judges from Azerbaijan?? They have been showing wrong signals in favour of China quite a few times, but luckily the main referee overruled them herself on the most and on the others the challenge system did.

• I wonder why she is out too, but what I know is that she is on vacation in California watching Alix Klineman play AVP beach volleyball...

• Where is Molly Kreklow? Wasn't she supposed to be one of the best setters in the world? I remember her a few years ago in GP in Omaha, she was amazing.

• Where is Molly Kreklow? Wasn't she supposed to be one of the best setters in the world? I remember her a few years ago in GP in Omaha, she was amazing.

She has retired and becomes a coach of a university team.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Porto Rico is playing very bad. 1 year ago they wouldn't be losing points to Perù e Czech Republic. Seilhamer and Morales are impossible to replace right now. Expecially the libero had amazing support to her team, playing as good as Castillo and other elite players of the position. Quesada and Jusino are too unexperienced and light so far. Not only Morales, Oquendo is missed as well. :S

• I saw a photo/twitter post with the Italians at the airport, I`m no sure if there in the airport in Italy or China. But Guerra and Tirozzi were with them, they had 16 players. I was wondering what happened there if TIrrozi and Guerra went to China or how so?

But I was thinking that maybe because they will play the 2nd weekend in China as well, they could just take the 2 extra player if they are listed for the 2nd weekend. Otherwise Tirrozi and Guerra would need to fly later on their own.

Talking about Russia....Frolova ( 30 years and 1.78cm ) is on the team as a "sabator"...The Russian coach must be crazy, she won`t make any major tournament and should just give this change for some younger player.

Russia has 13 players this weekend, and to be able to have more than 12 you need two liberos, but their 2nd libero Galkina is not there, so someone had to be the official 2nd libero and it was Sperskaite. Apparently Tretyakova got hurt today, I watched only the last two sets but I saw her sitting on bench in time-outs looking rather miserable and limping while changing sides in 5th set, so Sperskaite had to come on court.

Russia has 13 players this weekend, and to be able to have more than 12 you need two liberos, but their 2nd libero Galkina is not there, so someone had to be the official 2nd libero and it was Sperskaite. Apparently Tretyakova got hurt today, I watched only the last two sets but I saw her sitting on bench in time-outs looking rather miserable and limping while changing sides in 5th set, so Sperskaite had to come on court.

• Do you think she speaks some Turkish or she is just using Google Translator?

I love that Milena Rašić just talks and writes Turkish in her social media whenever she is in Turkey :heart: What amazes me most is that its always in perfect Turkish without mistakes :thumbsup:

• The World League had 12 teams fighting for the Final Round, and until the last weekend even Italy that was in 12th place had a chance to make to the finals. And everything was decided in the Final Day and Final game.

Too bad that the women`s level is not the same. It is week 1 and we can almost assume who will be at the Final 6. ;( And some of these are not even able to put on a fight.

• This is the start of a new cycle. Teams are not at their best. I don`t think the men`s teams are equal in mediocrity at all, I love womens volleyball, it is my passion. But almost every game in the WL was exciting to watch.

I love watching Serbia in the women`s, but the games against Turkey and now Belgium are just so so boring. They are way way below Serbia`s level, even tough Serbia is not playing their best either.

And yeah in the women`s teams do not have their main rosters, but the men`s did not have either, and still their level wee equal.

I wish the women`s Final round would start Today.... will be a long 4 weeks

Yeah, but a lot of teams in WL were just equal in mediocrity, Serbia for example reached the F6 quite easily without ever playing anything special.

• I'm really going to think Carli Lloyd is better than Alisha Glass :whistle: if Kelly Murphy played well like now maybe USA NT won the gold medals in Olimpic Games. Unfortunately, Sperskaite played as libero although she was good in my opinion but i still think it's waste of time the player like her, I do hope she will play in her position and will be useful player for NT.