Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• I dont agree, yea the men's game is more equal but thats mainly because the men's volleyball relies more on height and power then womens which most of the guys from all teams have anyway and mens volleybal is much faster and more easy kills then women who have rallies all the time.

Yes Serbia vs Belgium and Serbia vs Turkey was boring. But both of these teams are not with main squad plus Turkey has a new coach and a new system. Belgium roster looked very weak and keep in mind Serbia beat Brazil quite easily too. They are much better then any team here atm (except maybe China) so I dont think its fair to base the level on the tournament on those matches. Serbia even not at their best is still a very powerful team.

Have you been watching the other matches, yes it may not all be best squads but RUS-USA RUS-CHN JPN-DOM JPN-THA (except DOM incident) were some highly enjoyable matches just to name a few. Im personally very excited and cant wait for upcoming 4 weeks. Serbia is the only overpowered team at the moment but we have to live with that :lol:

• Carli's connection with Murphy was simply amazing today!

• WTF Japan? Sarina Kota has been a great big zero in this tournament so far. How many serve receptions can Ishii miss? I'm an unhappy camper

• I'm really going to think Carli Lloyd is better than Alisha Glass :whistle: if Kelly Murphy played well like now maybe USA NT won the gold medals in Olimpic Games. Unfortunately, Sperskaite played as libero although she was good in my opinion but i still think it's waste of time the player like her, I do hope she will play in her position and will be useful player for NT.

Well she is not.. And you have to remember Kelly played great im 2013, and in the preliminary round of the WCH, then she cooled off a bit.. 2015 and 2016 were a disaster

• Guys, Lloyd is there just because Karch is out of any options. Her setting is nowhere as good as Alisha's. If you ask her crazy fast, like it was asked to Alisha, she can't provide.

She only entered into the team because Glass, Thompson and Kreklow retired all together. IMHO Carli is better than Thomson, but the best Glass and Kreklow are unreachable to the best Lloyd.

She has just to carry the team this summer. Hopefully next summer Carlini will be enough experienced to play full time as starter.

• Well she is not.. And you have to remember Kelly played great im 2013, and in the preliminary round of the WCH, then she cooled off a bit.. 2015 and 2016 were a disaster

I started watching the game against China. Then I saw her on court and I turned off. Too many nightmares about opposites who can't kill the ball, Kim Hill killing her own team and 3 setters out of 12 Olimpian players. :wall:

• Funny how American fans have been constantly complaining about their players and about Karch's choices, but they still get several medals (gold in WCH, PanAm Cup, PanAm Games, GP and bronze in OG) and have been one of the best teams in the world under Karch's guidance.

• Funny how American fans have been constantly complaining about their players and about Karch's choices, but they still get several medals (gold in WCH, PanAm Cup, PanAm Games, GP and bronze in OG) and have been one of the best teams in the world under Karch's guidance.

Totally agree :!:
    I wouldn't say Lloyd is better than Alisha because I think both of them are really good or actually two of the bests, not a necessarily to compare who's better and who's worse.
    I don't know why they complain about Karch this much, I think he's doing a really good job. Well, let such complainers keep complaining cos they will never stop.

• Totally agree :!:
    I wouldn't say Lloyd is better than Alisha because I think both of them are really good or actually two of the bests, not a necessarily to compare who's better and who's worse.
    I don't know why they complain about Karch this much, I think he's doing a really good job. Well, let such complainers keep complaining cos they will never stop.

Yeah! And I find it very difficult to compare two players. Sometimes it's just a matter of opinion or just a matter of momentum. When Carli played as a starter during the last PanAm games I just found her AMAZING and I was really impressed by her. I still like her a lot right now, and she is for me the best setter the US could ask for. Alisha Glass was critictized a lot after London when she became the main setter, and only after WCH 2014 people begun to praise her.

• I'd be rather happy to have such outstanding setters than complain and compare between those, I mean have a look most teams have a difficulty of finding ONE freaking good setter :whistle:

• Murphy played well against China and Italy because they don`t have World Class MB, and they are all younger. Against Russia with Fetisova and Zharienko she struggled a lot and only in the end she played well. And all these 3 teams are really young.

I think she`s a great player, but she lacks confidence, just put Rasic and Stevanovic on the ther side and you will see how much she struggles.

Carly is just a average setter, she can play great when she has great pass and great MBs, just like when they won CL with Picinini, Stevanovic, Tirrozi and Kozuch all playing really well.. And this season with Pomi she had a really poor season and even without her they managed to reach the semis playing with Stevanovic and Gibby as the setters olololo...which means the OH, MB and OPP were all strong.

But go ahead and put her to play in a weak team and there will be nothing she can do to help her teammates.

I'm really going to think Carli Lloyd is better than Alisha Glass :whistle: if Kelly Murphy played well like now maybe USA NT won the gold medals in Olimpic Games. Unfortunately, Sperskaite played as libero although she was good in my opinion but i still think it's waste of time the player like her, I do hope she will play in her position and will be useful player for NT.

• Did China bring in those line judges from Azerbaijan?? They have been showing wrong signals in favour of China quite a few times, but luckily the main referee overruled them herself on the most and on the others the challenge system did.

Think you're joking :P Unlike earlier matches China didn't even try that hard to win the match by playing Zhu.
    Guess winning two matches in Kunshan meets their target, the 3rd match was just bonus.

Too bad RUS didn't play the host in the last day :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Is the NED coach different from the one at Rio? I like this guy, but what's up with the English?

• Love it how the cameraman spotted some beautiful Holland girls among the crowded spectators. Wonder how they manage to locate the cute faces while covering the match :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”