Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• I would play Glass over Lloyd any day, Carli is good of course but I saw Glass as arguably the best in the world and Lloyd is not quite on that level IMO. Just watch Glass' performances at the WCH 2014, she was awesome.

Agree with those saying the criticism of Karch is too much. I get that people want Hooker in the team and that his TOs are mostly useless and he should never have brought Thompson to the OG but his results are good. The first ever WCH gold for USA is a major achievement. Let's not forget how unlucky they were at the OG: they beat both China and Serbia in the group and only lost 15-13 in the tiebreak in the SF. If Foluke had not got injured at the start of the 2nd set they could be Olympic champions.

• This is a different coach. Their coach in Rio was Guidetti, and Guidetti is now the coach of the Turkey... and he happened to be the coach of Germany in the past.

Is the NED coach different from the one at Rio? I like this guy, but what's up with the English?

• This is Jamie Morrison who has been assistant to Guidetti at club level and to Karch at the USNT

BTW I know sitenoise is not familiar with European volleyball so just to let you know Guidetti is considered one of the very best coaches in the game, but his obnoxious attitude makes some people (me for example) not like him so much.

• Surprise! Japan won a set. I like the NED team but couldn't watch them in the past because of that coach.

• Gamze is a brilliant player. Just give her good passes and she'll leave the attacker against 1 or no block almost every time

• Go Japan Go... make it a 5-set business :D

This Japanese team is showing up why it is generally regarded as stronger than the South Korean one aside from the WR alone.

I think this new team is better than the preceding one.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• I'm surprise Japan is staying in this game I don't think they're playing very well. I'm also wondering if other teams are rotating players at the level the Japanese are

• We have a tie breaker. Will we have an upset?

JPN v NED