Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Seems like japan is finding their good rhythm now.. ganbare nippon :drink: :box:

• @ sitenoise - I just started watching, but from what I see NED is only missing their OPP Sloetjes, which is their best player and one of the best OPP in the World. They do depend a lot on her . She was named best OPP in the Olympics. She`s not playing because she had a knee surgery.

• Holland would be so lost without Balkestein, she's doing all the dirty jobs behind. Actually I think she's a much better digger than both Schoot and Knip :rose:
    What a block by De Kruijf!

• Ah. She would be the one I see in street clothes on the sidelines. She's my favorite.

• I think everything would be much more interesting without this Turkish guy from Japanese bench :roll:

• They should play the Sherlock Holmes instead of the Mission Impossible music during the wait of Challenge system :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I'm on pins and needles.

• Holland would be so lost without Balkestein, she's doing all the dirty jobs behind. Actually I think she's a much better digger than both Schoot and Knip :rose:
    What a block by De Kruijf!

She's honestly the glue to this Dutch team. I absolutely love her backcourt work.

• Koga saving Japan's little butt.

Dijkema should be aware of that fact that Japanese prepared well for Plak but they can't stop both De Kruijf and Beliën.

• I'm glad Koga finally showed up. This is freaky

• Holy Moly! I like the NED team and their coach but :dance4:
    :dance4: :dance4:

:woohoo:

• Wow, what an unexpected loss :( But nicely fought!
    Nabeya managed to score in crucial moments and none of Dutch players did. Plus Dijkema was getting extremely unstable when she shouldn't have got... I have a strong feeling that Plak is a very clumsy blocker for her height.

Still keep my fingers crossed for Oranges!

• That match didn't look to me like JPN out attacked them by 8

• Yesssssss!!!!! Japan won :drink: :super: :win: :box: :dance6: :thumbsup: :P 8) :obey:

• What an upset, the Japanese, hard to kill by the taller and more powerful Holland girls, managed successfully to overcome the physical shortfall through swiftness, agility, smart placement, and of course good defense :-)

In term of defensive play, the Japanese team must be one of the best

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Not that big a surprise, NED were squashed by Azerbaijan just a few weeks ago. In the bit I saw, Japan looked good. Hopefully this Olympic cycle will be better for them as they are so good to watch on their day.