Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Nabeya was a spark plug.

I like the NED coach when asked what happened after being up 2-0. He said "Japan started playIng better" :)

• Yay for a Japanese win! :cheesy: I like the Dutch team as well, but I just don't want to see Japan get sidelined so early this tournament. Couldn't watch past the second set, but it seems Nabeya is slowly finding her spot in the team judging by some of the comments and what I saw in the beginning.

• Nabeya was a spark plug.

I like the NED coach when asked what happened after being up 2-0. He said "Japan started playIng better" :)

Yes she was the spark plug. Also Sarina koga even though she gets blocked on the first 2 sets later on she began making more points. I also like Mai okumura at 177cm she's probably one of the smallest middle blockers but she made good contribution too. :thumbsup:

• Turkish libero is so young but so talented! She deffends a lot today!

• Funny how American fans have been constantly complaining about their players and about Karch's choices, but they still get several medals (gold in WCH, PanAm Cup, PanAm Games, GP and bronze in OG) and have been one of the best teams in the world under Karch's guidance.

Well said, spotted! :D It's because the USA team under Karch just won the 2014 World Championship but not the Rio OG (just Bronze), not the 2015 WC (another Bronze), and lost to the Brazilian team in the final of the 2016 WGP Final Six (Silver) :-) perhaps need to become the Numero Uno in every major tournament in order to meet the very high standard, to satisfy the very high expectation. Perhaps at some state of exerting the Full Dominance to be regarded as successful or performing... :D :P

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Regarding hall in Ankara: that is Baskent hall, used for international competitions, key matches in Turkish league and likely also Ankara based teams.

There are just three big halls used for volleyball in Turkey: in Istanbul it is Burhan-Felek, in Izmir Atatürk and that Baskent in Ankara.

• Nasya Dimitrova is such a good player! She has to play in a good club in a good league next season!

German team is playing their worst match this summer, it's painful to watch :down:

Completely agree. She has been so underrated, or she better look for a better agency. Welp to be honest she's already a lot better than many MBs that signed with top Italian clubs for instance...

• At least German NT wins in Bulgaria against hosts the third set, i.e. 1:2 against them. Results matter, it doesn't make sense, to remember better times, when they were twice in a row vice European champions... Let us hope, they can improve in the years coming.

• At least German NT wins in Bulgaria against hosts the third set, i.e. 1:2 against them. Results matter, it doesn't make sense, to remember better times, when they were twice in a row vice European champions... Let us hope, they can improve in the years coming.

No need to go that far back in time. Even in Montreux the team played much better than now. But I rather have them playing bad now and good in ECH than the other way round.

Tanja Großer's performance today is a pleasent surprise though. Remember that she was invited to NT only after Laura Emonts refused the call, and now she is our most reliable attacker today.

• The referees in Turkey always so scandalous

• The Chinese referee made a wrong decision in favor of Brasil first then changed it after seeing on the screen. That was justice, the ball touches the ground very clearly. No need to fool yourself and blame Chinese ref who has nothing to do with Turkey.