Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• I think he just does not like her play style. She likes high balls and Ze does not likes that.

The problem is, there`s no doubt Sheilla was one of the best OPP in the World. But with that, Ze Roberto never really gave anyone else a true chance in the NT. Of course no one would take Sheilla`s place, but still Sheila started every single competition played, that includes even not important Grand Prix games and friendly games as well. He could have given others some chances as well.

In 2015 Sheilla took the year off and Joyce played the Grand Prix, and Joyce herself said she tried her best but her game does not fit with the NT.

Sheilla and Dani Lins played and started all 2016 Grand Prix games, he could let Tandara and Roberta play a little at least to show what they can do, but Ze Roberto did not think that way.

• Brazil plays fast volleyball though. I can't really see an opposite playing like that in Brazil unless she's Goncharova.

Joyce is also too old like almost as Sheilla. Even if she's playing very good. That should take her out of consideration unless the young ones get abducted by aliens before the world championship.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Interesting that not even Adams and Robinson won`t play the GP., a lot of new faces, ( some of them I`ve never seen before). But it makes sense, in the past 2 years they played GP with full roster and failed to win at WC and OG, while China and Serbia did not play GP with their main roster, but they won WC and OG.

I wonder if Terzic will take the GP more seriously this time, and if China will play their main roster in the Final once they are hosting.

Diouf is back :huh: I was thinking she said she would not be back. Ortolani is there as well, I don`t think is necessary. And ChiriChella the new captain, that`s interesting.

No Ossoy, maybe she needs time to rest once she got injured this season? And no Naz as well. I understand she needs a break, but would be nice to have both of them there to start building the team`s chemistry . Also no Darnell ( but I think this is good).

I bet Ze Roberto will play with Adenizia, Natalia, Jucyele, Tandara the whole time, and won`t give any of the young girls like Mara, Edinara any chances to play.

As expected no Goncharova and Kosheleva, but no Pankova either, that is a good thing.

Sara Lozo instead of Lazovic ;(

• I checked and there are all teams except Algeria :D

Dominicans with almost the same roster as during previous years, Jeoselina Rodriguez is back :D there's no Lisvel Eve, who is pregnant and Candida Arias who is injured

maybe they decide to keep strong team for the most important games, then it would be:
    Marte and Dominguez as S,
    Mambru and Rodriguez as OP,
    De La Cruz, Rivera, B. Martinez and Pena as OHs,
    Vargas, J. Martinez, Fersola as MBs,
    Castillo, Fernandez as L,
    Binet as back row help - serve and defense

if some players get rest, then we would see maybe Moreno (OH), Gonzalez (OP) or Rondon (MB)
    I don't think that any other player will get a chance ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I bet Ze Roberto will play with Adenizia, Natalia, Jucyele, Tandara the whole time, and won`t give any of the young girls like Mara, Edinara any chances to play.

Jucy is not even on the list. I don't undestand what is the problem with using Tandara, Natalia and Adenizia all the time...they should get in rhythm because they will be the key players until Tokyo 2020.

• Ops sorry, I missed that Jucy is not on the list.

Is ok to play a few games with Adenizia, Tandara, Natalia, but they are veterans and we all know they can play, and it is important to give the others play time to gain experience.

Jucy is not even on the list. I don't undestand what is the problem with using Tandara, Natalia and Adenizia all the time...they should get in rhythm because they will be the key players until Tokyo 2020.

• Ops sorry, I missed that Jucy is not on the list.

Is ok to play a few games with Adenizia, Tandara, Natalia, but they are veterans and we all know they can play, and it is important to give the others play time to gain experience.

They are veterans but only Natalia has been constantly playing as a starter in the last years.
    I don't understand what is the point of using younger people if they won't be actually needed before the next Olympics.

• Wide rosters (21 players) of all teams are now available on FIVB website.

Thanks for the heads-up, Matthias... a harbinger that the about 6-week-long annual festive season is getting closer :-)

Perhaps a silly question, but will FIVB website make the adjustments later to list only the final rosters (14 players)? Can't remember the past practices.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Croatia NT will have even bigger change at WGP than this week at QT for WCH... So we can expect everything even going back at Group 3.

• WGP team rosters are published on their page.

Turkey is participating with a young team, Fatma Yildirim is the captain. Missing big names are Naz, Eda, Gözde Kirdar, Neslihan and Neriman.

• This may be a bit out of topic. I apologize in advance. ^^
    I am planning to watch the week 3 matches in HK. I was wondering what would be better. Should I buy the tickets online or buy them at the venue on the day of the matches?
    I hope someone can help me on this. It would really be a big help. :flower:

• This may be a bit out of topic. I apologize in advance. ^^
    I am planning to watch the week 3 matches in HK. I was wondering what would be better. Should I buy the tickets online or buy them at the venue on the day of the matches?
    I hope someone can help me on this. It would really be a big help. :flower:

Official tickets almost sold out, now only few tickets of 7/21(friday) is avaliable.
    Here you can buy tickets online.
    https://ticket.urbtix.hk/internet/en_US/eventDetail/32645

for 7/22 and 7/23 tickets
    >>>>On-the-day Tickets
    On the day of the performance, unsold or unreserved wheelchair seat tickets may be released for sale to the general public from 10am onwards. These on-the-day tickets are available for sale through the Hong Kong Coliseum Box Office, and other URBTIX ticket sales channels including Internet booking (http://www.urbtix.hk), mobile ticketing app “My URBTIX” (Android and iPhone/iPad versions) and credit card telephone booking (852) 2111 5999. Each purchase is limited to a maximum of 2 tickets.

• akiyaLai, thank you for the response. :flower: The tickets are really selling fast even in other websites. I really need to buy them online as soon as possible. Thank you again. You've been a great help. :heart:

• A.S. Watson Group FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix - Hong Kong 2017

All the online tickets for the three day matches (21~23 July) in HKSAR are already SOLD OUT, done in less than a week (ticket sale started on 07 June 2017 10:00am). What may be left now, if any, is just the go-show ones reserved for the disabled people :P

Ticket Price (in HK dollar):
    $500, $350, $150, $70 (for 21 July 2017 match)
    $650, $350, $180, $90 (for 22-23 July 2017 matches)

Lucky the folks there as well as those in Macau (or Macao) to have the opportunity to also stage this event, I will also go to stadium to watch live if it's staged locally :D the ticket prices are relatively affordable, one price for two great shows, quite decent ones!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Taking this over from the World League thread:

Yep, the original source was someone reliable from inside FIVB

btw for those interested in women's volleyball. here is the same list for the Grand Prix (apparently will be renamed to Women's World League)

12 core teams (confirmed for seven years): Brazil, Italy, USA, China, Serbia, South Korea, Netherlands, Thailand, Germany, Turkey, Japan and Russia
    4 other teams only for 2018: Argentina, Czech Republic, Belgium and Argentina

This list doesn't look bad at all. It's probably the best compromise solution when you take into account both the strength of teams and the geographic distribution. I suspect one of the two Argentinas mentioned is actually Dominican Republic.
    Edit: it's actually Poland.

The name change to Women's World League is also an interesting one and I think it's been a long time coming.

The question I have, though, is will the promotion/relegation system stay or will the 4 one-year teams be chosen by FIVB?

• This is interesting...I never really understood why WL and GP were so different....this seems more logic, to ahve both tournaments similar. And will definitely make the tournament more atractive. There are others ways FIVB can develop volleyball in different countries, but Im not sure if the garantee of qualification for these 12 teams is a good idea.....