You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 20th 2017, 6:18am

I think he just does not like her play style. She likes high balls and Ze does not likes that.

The problem is, there`s no doubt Sheilla was one of the best OPP in the World. But with that, Ze Roberto never really gave anyone else a true chance in the NT. Of course no one would take Sheilla`s place, but still Sheila started every single competition played, that includes even not important Grand Prix games and friendly games as well. He could have given others some chances as well.

In 2015 Sheilla took the year off and Joyce played the Grand Prix, and Joyce herself said she tried her best but her game does not fit with the NT.

Sheilla and Dani Lins played and started all 2016 Grand Prix games, he could let Tandara and Roberta play a little at least to show what they can do, but Ze Roberto did not think that way.

Saturday, May 20th 2017, 8:08am

I think NT is no one's own team or project. They shouldn't involve their own personal problems to the team.

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Saturday, May 20th 2017, 7:58pm

Brazil plays fast volleyball though. I can't really see an opposite playing like that in Brazil unless she's Goncharova.

Joyce is also too old like almost as Sheilla. Even if she's playing very good. That should take her out of consideration unless the young ones get abducted by aliens before the world championship.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 5:18pm

Wide rosters (21 players) of all teams are now available on FIVB website.

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 5:41pm

Interesting that not even Adams and Robinson won`t play the GP., a lot of new faces, ( some of them I`ve never seen before). But it makes sense, in the past 2 years they played GP with full roster and failed to win at WC and OG, while China and Serbia did not play GP with their main roster, but they won WC and OG.

I wonder if Terzic will take the GP more seriously this time, and if China will play their main roster in the Final once they are hosting.

Diouf is back :huh: I was thinking she said she would not be back. Ortolani is there as well, I don`t think is necessary. And ChiriChella the new captain, that`s interesting.

No Ossoy, maybe she needs time to rest once she got injured this season? And no Naz as well. I understand she needs a break, but would be nice to have both of them there to start building the team`s chemistry . Also no Darnell ( but I think this is good).

I bet Ze Roberto will play with Adenizia, Natalia, Jucyele, Tandara the whole time, and won`t give any of the young girls like Mara, Edinara any chances to play.

As expected no Goncharova and Kosheleva, but no Pankova either, that is a good thing.

Sara Lozo instead of Lazovic ;(

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "rbdfabio" (Jun 2nd 2017, 6:10pm)

kondzio

Prediction Game Mod

• "kondzio" is male

Favourite Team: Impel Wrocław, ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle; NTs Male: POL, RUS, BRA; NTs Female: POL, DOM, JPN, BRA, ITA, RUS

Favourite Players: Jeoselina Rodriguez, Kasia Skowrońska, Kasia Mroczkowska, Kosheleva, Jaqueline, Takeshita, Saori, Kurek, Igła, Bociek, Mikhaylov, Muserskiy, Moroz, Lucas

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 7:08pm

I checked and there are all teams except Algeria :D

Dominicans with almost the same roster as during previous years, Jeoselina Rodriguez is back :D there's no Lisvel Eve, who is pregnant and Candida Arias who is injured

maybe they decide to keep strong team for the most important games, then it would be:
Marte and Dominguez as S,
Mambru and Rodriguez as OP,
De La Cruz, Rivera, B. Martinez and Pena as OHs,
Vargas, J. Martinez, Fersola as MBs,
Castillo, Fernandez as L,
Binet as back row help - serve and defense

if some players get rest, then we would see maybe Moreno (OH), Gonzalez (OP) or Rondon (MB)
I don't think that any other player will get a chance ^^
Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 7:20pm

I bet Ze Roberto will play with Adenizia, Natalia, Jucyele, Tandara the whole time, and won`t give any of the young girls like Mara, Edinara any chances to play.
Jucy is not even on the list. I don't undestand what is the problem with using Tandara, Natalia and Adenizia all the time...they should get in rhythm because they will be the key players until Tokyo 2020.

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 7:23pm

Ops sorry, I missed that Jucy is not on the list.

Is ok to play a few games with Adenizia, Tandara, Natalia, but they are veterans and we all know they can play, and it is important to give the others play time to gain experience.
Jucy is not even on the list. I don't undestand what is the problem with using Tandara, Natalia and Adenizia all the time...they should get in rhythm because they will be the key players until Tokyo 2020.

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 11:06pm

Ops sorry, I missed that Jucy is not on the list.

Is ok to play a few games with Adenizia, Tandara, Natalia, but they are veterans and we all know they can play, and it is important to give the others play time to gain experience.
They are veterans but only Natalia has been constantly playing as a starter in the last years.
I don't understand what is the point of using younger people if they won't be actually needed before the next Olympics.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 6:51am

Wide rosters (21 players) of all teams are now available on FIVB website.

Thanks for the heads-up, Matthias... a harbinger that the about 6-week-long annual festive season is getting closer :-)

Perhaps a silly question, but will FIVB website make the adjustments later to list only the final rosters (14 players)? Can't remember the past practices.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "samsara" (Jun 3rd 2017, 6:57am)

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 12:57pm

Perhaps a silly question, but will FIVB website make the adjustments later to list only the final rosters (14 players)? Can't remember the past practices.
Probably not, because 14 player rosters can change for every weekend.

• "crovolley" is male

Favourite Team: Pomi Casalmaggiore, Dinamo Moscow, NT Croatia

Favourite Players: Samanta Fabris, Maja Poljak, Klara Peric, Nikolina Bozicevic, Destinee Hooker, Ema Strunjak, Dinka Kulic

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 1:11pm

Croatia NT will have even bigger change at WGP than this week at QT for WCH... So we can expect everything even going back at Group 3.

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 3:19pm

WGP team rosters are published on their page.

Turkey is participating with a young team, Fatma Yildirim is the captain. Missing big names are Naz, Eda, Gözde Kirdar, Neslihan and Neriman.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 10:42pm

Sara Lozo instead of Lazovic ;(

Lazović will be with the junior NT. Lozo did really well in the Serbian league play-off finals and it was a surprise she wasn't on the WCH QT roster already.

Monday, June 12th 2017, 3:02pm

This may be a bit out of topic. I apologize in advance. ^^
I am planning to watch the week 3 matches in HK. I was wondering what would be better. Should I buy the tickets online or buy them at the venue on the day of the matches?
I hope someone can help me on this. It would really be a big help. :flower:

akiyaLai

Volleyball Lover TW

• "akiyaLai" is female

Monday, June 12th 2017, 3:11pm

I am planning to watch the week 3 matches in HK. I was wondering what would be better. Should I buy the tickets online or buy them at the venue on the day of the matches?

Official tickets almost sold out, now only few tickets of 7/21(friday) is avaliable.
Here you can buy tickets online.
https://ticket.urbtix.hk/internet/en_US/eventDetail/32645

for 7/22 and 7/23 tickets
>>>>On-the-day Tickets
On the day of the performance, unsold or unreserved wheelchair seat tickets may be released for sale to the general public from 10am onwards. These on-the-day tickets are available for sale through the Hong Kong Coliseum Box Office, and other URBTIX ticket sales channels including Internet booking (www.urbtix.hk), mobile ticketing app “My URBTIX” (Android and iPhone/iPad versions) and credit card telephone booking (852) 2111 5999. Each purchase is limited to a maximum of 2 tickets.
***** My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/lifeisvolley *****

Monday, June 12th 2017, 5:13pm

Official tickets almost sold out, now only few tickets of 7/21(friday) is avaliable.
Here you can buy tickets online.
https://ticket.urbtix.hk/internet/en_US/eventDetail/32645

for 7/22 and 7/23 tickets
>>>>On-the-day Tickets
On the day of the performance, unsold or unreserved wheelchair seat tickets may be released for sale to the general public from 10am onwards. These on-the-day tickets are available for sale through the Hong Kong Coliseum Box Office, and other URBTIX ticket sales channels including Internet booking (www.urbtix.hk), mobile ticketing app “My URBTIX” (Android and iPhone/iPad versions) and credit card telephone booking (852) 2111 5999. Each purchase is limited to a maximum of 2 tickets.

akiyaLai, thank you for the response. :flower: The tickets are really selling fast even in other websites. I really need to buy them online as soon as possible. Thank you again. You've been a great help. :heart:

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 10:24am

A.S. Watson Group FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix - Hong Kong 2017

All the online tickets for the three day matches (21~23 July) in HKSAR are already SOLD OUT, done in less than a week (ticket sale started on 07 June 2017 10:00am). What may be left now, if any, is just the go-show ones reserved for the disabled people :P

Ticket Price (in HK dollar):
$500, $350, $150, $70 (for 21 July 2017 match)
$650, $350, $180, $90 (for 22-23 July 2017 matches)

Lucky the folks there as well as those in Macau (or Macao) to have the opportunity to also stage this event, I will also go to stadium to watch live if it's staged locally :D the ticket prices are relatively affordable, one price for two great shows, quite decent ones!

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 6:31pm

Taking this over from the World League thread:

Yep, the original source was someone reliable from inside FIVB

btw for those interested in women's volleyball. here is the same list for the Grand Prix (apparently will be renamed to Women's World League)

12 core teams (confirmed for seven years): Brazil, Italy, USA, China, Serbia, South Korea, Netherlands, Thailand, Germany, Turkey, Japan and Russia
4 other teams only for 2018: Argentina, Czech Republic, Belgium and Argentina

This list doesn't look bad at all. It's probably the best compromise solution when you take into account both the strength of teams and the geographic distribution. I suspect one of the two Argentinas mentioned is actually Dominican Republic.
Edit: it's actually Poland.

The name change to Women's World League is also an interesting one and I think it's been a long time coming.

The question I have, though, is will the promotion/relegation system stay or will the 4 one-year teams be chosen by FIVB?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JoanaBG" (Jun 13th 2017, 6:43pm)

joanamss

Volleyball Lover!

• "joanamss" is female

Favourite Team: FOPPA (Italy), Rexona-Ades (Brazil), Dresden (Germany) NT: Italy, Holland, Germany, Serbia, USA (women); Brazil, USA and Poland (men)

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Piccinini, Fürst, Pavan, Merlo, Barazza, Kozuch, Klineman, Flier, Brakocevic, Robinson, Mihajlovic, Vasileva, Plak, Fiorin, Rahimova, Havelkova, Thompson, Apitz, Kreklow, Amanda

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 7:18pm

Taking this over from the World League thread:

Yep, the original source was someone reliable from inside FIVB

btw for those interested in women's volleyball. here is the same list for the Grand Prix (apparently will be renamed to Women's World League)

12 core teams (confirmed for seven years): Brazil, Italy, USA, China, Serbia, South Korea, Netherlands, Thailand, Germany, Turkey, Japan and Russia
4 other teams only for 2018: Argentina, Czech Republic, Belgium and Argentina

This list doesn't look bad at all. It's probably the best compromise solution when you take into account both the strength of teams and the geographic distribution. I suspect one of the two Argentinas mentioned is actually Dominican Republic.
Edit: it's actually Poland.

The name change to Women's World League is also an interesting one and I think it's been a long time coming.

The question I have, though, is will the promotion/relegation system stay or will the 4 one-year teams be chosen by FIVB?

This is interesting...I never really understood why WL and GP were so different....this seems more logic, to ahve both tournaments similar. And will definitely make the tournament more atractive. There are others ways FIVB can develop volleyball in different countries, but Im not sure if the garantee of qualification for these 12 teams is a good idea.....
"Forza Foppa ale
sempre insieme a te
e dovunque andrai
sola mai sarai
Non mollare mai …
Non mollare mai …"

Social bookmarks