Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Matthias, Do you still think Lenka Dürr is the only Germany player on a very good level? I really like Großer, she didn't seem to be so tall and I just checked that she's only 1,77cm :white: I also like the two young MBs (Schwertmann and Schölzel), they may not be good enough on international level but I see that they are improving day by day. Jen Pettke would like to have some more playing times I presume. :D

Lenka was disappointing for me this weekend as well as Louisa Lippmann, but knowing how they played in Montreux I'm confident they'll be in top shape for ECH. Großer's performance today was a pleasent surprise as I said before, also Jenny Geerties overall did a good job. As for MB, I think Pettke is better than Schwertmann and should be starter.

• what a great point to end the match. DOM digging and defending like crazy, at least 3 strong attacks from THA, and it all ended with another de la cruz bomb.

saishuu, i have seen mambru be the top scorer for her team in years past --- maybe not recently but she's very athletic and very fast, and if not for her, i think kwiek would have to put brayelin or pena at OPP, so mambru is a very valuable player still... although she's not that young.

matthias, i wish we could all find out what elixir of youth she found, so we could get it too... her back slide attacks are stronger than ever!

I wish we had a real coach like Guidetti. He made Netherlands a powerhouse when they had disappared from high level volleyball since 2009. Just imagine what he could do with 6/7 to chose on each position. :cheesy: Pity he signed for Turkey. IMHO their local players aren't as good as the dutch ones. Not sure what miracles he can do there.

if you mean the curent local players of turkey playing at wGP 2017 yes they are not as good as Netherland's A-team players except Kübra,Gamze and Hande but amongst the other players only Lonneke can make a difference for Dutch team in comparison with Turkish counterpart..Dutch team has been good than turkey in the recent years due to team-play differences not indiviudual-based differences

on american players..the usa team has very good MBs..thats true but the situation is not the same for the other positions in the usa team..can you write the alternatives you mean 6 players for each position?

• What is the point of, for example, NBC in the USA, buying the broadcasting rights to these WGP matches and then not freaking broadcasting them, and also preventing anyone else from watching them?

It's a small hassle doing the VPN thing to watch them live (I hope that loophole holds up), not to mention most of the matches are at some ungodly hour live, and there's often more than one match worth watching going on at the same time. For the love of Pete, there are some good matches I missed and want to see. :cursing:

Way to grow the sport FIVB

• I really think Marco Bracci and Stefano Lavarini are good coaches too. But if to be honest I think Bracci is the best one. I really like Felix too and he's smart one. Karch Kiraly is not a good coach, he has smart players like Lloyd who doesnt need to teach any more. I know it's early to jugde Morrison about the last game but Dutch NT is not playing like they did in Rio last year. I really dont like Dutch NT setters but when Gui was a coach he always explained somethings to Djenkema. I'm really hopeless about Djenkema, when Robin was playing with Skorupa she got plenty of points and became main part of her club but Djenkema never played with her like Skorupa did. Who knows I dont watch full game of Bongaerts and is she playing better than two current setters? :whistle:

• weird, in the match against DOM, horikawa was playing so well, but she only played the first 2 sets, then the coaches replaced her with shinnabe. i wonder if that was just to test other players and to rest horikawa? it was sort of like giving up the match.

canter, i don't know many of the younger THA players as well as the older generation, like hattaya, pimpichaya, chatchu-on, but they are interesting to watch. against DOM, hattaya seems to have perfected that super fast attack that nootsara shoots to her, just like nootsara does with pleumjit. so fast, it's hard to stop. THA right now really misses thatdao and onuma.

• What is going on with Argentina???? Montreux was just luck?

• What is going on with Argentina???? Montreux was just luck?

Yamila Nizetich is not in the roster and she was their best player anyway. I think performance of puerto rico is more surprising :white:

• Yes and in case they are really reading this, FIVB: You are ruining this World Grand Prix for everyone and I'm sure interest is already less this year so nice way to prevent the sport from growing, and us true volleybal fans will always find ways to enjoy watching our sport even if that means using illegal methods. Sorry ;) I know I'm still watching all matches next week...

• Guys, it's not FIVB's fault! Actually they even made things better, they don't sell exclusive rights to one company anymore but keep the general rights for themselvels so they can stream all matches on their own channel. The problem is that national TV companies who buy the rights for their respective countries won't allow FIVB to stream it in their country, so they're the ones to blame.

• Seems like FIVB could sell the rights to the matches a national TV company is going to broadcast and demand that the ones the TV station isn't going to broadcast remain open for viewing, sort of like the NBA blackout rules here in the USA on an international level. But I don't know anything about the business.

• Elena Godina was the guest of Sport Fm and she shared her opinion. Godina said that it was a big fault to write Filishtinskaya's height as 170cm. Godina told that she wasn't agreed with Kuzyutkin because she thought Zaryashko, Fetisova, Filishtinskaya, Startseva werent young players and we already know their heigh level game and Parubets already showed herself in her club, other way Kutikova and Frolova are also not young players although they are not main players of Russian NT. Godina said that Voronkova didnt feel herself comfort as OPP, that's why her face always seemed as miserable and when Russia NT play in ECH, she will have to change her position to OH from OPP because Russia NT already have Goncharova as OPP. It seems she isnt agreed to choose Kuzyutkin as coach of Russian NT.
    I really like seeing Sperskaite in her position on court not bench, plus Voronkova comes back to her position and give a chance to Lazareva on court as OPP, there is no need to give a chance to Frolova and Kutikova they are not young players plus they never be main part of Russian NT, that's fact. If young players like Romanova, Efimova, Lazareva, Sperskaite will sit on bench, there is no need to check game of Frolova and Kutikova :evil: young players will be future of Russian NT not Kutikova and Frolova :pinch: I really want to hope he will give a chance Efimova, Sperskaite, Voronkova and Lazareva in next games ?( they really need to get experience.

• Probably I missed it but Russia has a luxury on the OPP position, sure Goncharova is the one but where is Malykh and Isaeva? Why aren't even one of them in the roster I thought both are the future after Goncharova? Actually there is no need for Voronkova to play as OPP and yes its clearly visiable that she doesn't fee comfortable.
    What I really like is that Parubets is getting better and better she is considered to take the OH position from Kosheleva or?

• Btw, I guess there are some changes in the roster of Turkey, Seems like Gamze is not playing the 2nd week, she posted a picture where she thanked the Ankara crowd and already wished luck to the girls. Maybe she is in maybe not. Özgenur is for sure in, she wasnt last weekend so is Dicle too, that mean she got the place of either Beyza Kübra or Asli.

• I found the solution for the country restriction on YouTube. I can't watch it live tho, only replay. I will search the match on Google, typing full name of the match such as World Grand Prix 2017 Japan VS Netherlands, then the first option will be the FIVB video. I click on it and it will open the YouTube page and of course it wilk show the "blocked in your country" notification. Then comes the trick: on the url bar, change the word "youtube" to "youpak". Such as www. youtube. com/jsgaibdie to www. Youpak. Com/jsdhsjw then voila! I get to watch the remarch in all its glorious HD!