Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Thai NT luggage got lost during trip to Japan, might not arrive on time for 1st game of Week 2.
    http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…r-1st-game-of-week-2.html

How is this possible? :down:

Due to Check-in system of LOT Polish Airlines was down during Thai NT checked-in and caused the 1st flight delayed, so all checked baggage were missed the connecting flight. TVA sent the new jerseys from Thailand to the players and arrived already.
    https://www.facebook.com/Thail…291448618/?type=3&theater

• Japan announced their 14 players for this weekend

OH/OPP: Koga, Shinnabe, Yuki Ishii, Nabeya, Risa Ishii, Uchiseto
    MB: Iwasaka, Shimamura, Okumura
    S: Miyashita, Tominaga, Sato
    L: Kobata, Inoue

Dropped Matsumoto and Horikawa
    Saori Takahashi and Nomoto have not been listed in the two weeks

• OH/OPP: Koga, Shinnabe, Yuki Ishii, Nabeya, Risa Ishii, Uchiseto

Uchiseto in / Horikawa out. I think it goes without saying but ... that's bewildering.

• Italy 14 player adjustment plan in Macau, China

Loda and Bonifacio OUT !
    Guerra and Tirozzi IN !!!

S: Ofelia Malinov, Alessia Orro;
    OP: Paola Egonu, Indre Sorokaite;
    OH: Caterina Bosetti, Lucia Bosetti, Anastasia Guerra, Miriam Sylla, Valentina Tirozzi;
    MB: Cristina Chirichella, Anna Danesi, Raphaela Folie;
    L: Monica De Gennaro, Beatrice Parrocchiale

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• The Chinese team has no changes for the 2nd week in Macau, the 14 rosters are:

S: Ding Xia, Yao Di
    OP: Gong Xiangyu, Qian Jingwen
    OH: Zhu Ting, Liu Xiaotong, Li Jing, Wang Yunlu
    MB: Yuan Xinyue, Zheng Yixin, Wang Yuanyuan, Gao Yi
    L: Lin Li, Wang Mengjie

Update: tickets for the three-day competition are already sold out.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• For all matches or only the matches with the Chinese team?

• COOL! Will love to watch Simge Sebnem Akoz playing in Macau leg :whistle: :whistle: and it's especially interesting to watch TUR v ITA, which is supposed to be a much balanced match! The catch here is...the loser of this match will most likely bottom the pool.

im not that sure bcz Italy will play almost with its A-team but Turkey not...even Turkey will play with a worse roster than first week (no Gamze,Polen,Örge,Kübra etc..) at this week

• Turkey 14 players in Mauca
    after gamze, kubra, polen, gizem are replaced by youngsters, the 14 roster of TUR in China confirmed as follows,

S: Çağla Akın, Ezgi Dilik
    OP: Melis Durul, Meryem Boz
    OH: Fatma Yıldırım, Hande Baladin, Meliha İsmailoğlu, Şeyma Ercan
    MB: Dicle Nur Babat, Özge Nur Yurtdagulen, Beyza Arıcı, Aslı Kalaç
    L: Melis Yılmaz, Simge Şebnem Aköz

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Huh? What does one thing have to do with another? I am talking about the players, not the audience.
    And you speak like Brazilians are the only people to boo the opposing side. :whistle:

OMG some people here don't miss any chance to criticize Brazilian players and fans. This is so effing funny,

• For all matches or only the matches with the Chinese team?

Normally the tickets give access to both matches of the day

• Samanta Fabris is back with NT in second week of WGP. Good luck but She can't change a lot if other players don't change them self...

• Rozgrywające: Joanna Wołosz, Marlena Pleśnierowicz
    Atakujące: Monika Bociek, Małgorzata Jasek, Malwina Smarzek, Berenika Tomsia
    Środkowe: Klaudia Alagierska, Zuzanna Efimienko, Agnieszka Kąkolewska, Maja Tokarska,
    Przyjmujące: Roksana Brzóska, Martyna Grajber, Patrycja Polak, Julia Twardowska,
    Libero: Aleksandra Krzos, Agata Witkowska

in Tokarska and Twardowska

out none

• Tokarska isnt in WGP roster, so she wont play

• I'm catching up on some of last week's games. Starting to really like NED. They're quick, they hit hard, and look like they have good team chemistry. But I can't figure their rotation. Seems Plak and that beautiful blond setter rotate in and out like other teams rotate a libero with the middle blocker. I'm not well versed in this stuff but I don't think I've seen a setter get rotated like that. Is that common for them?

I keep seeing the one player I've liked before sitting in street clothes on the sidelines. She's good. I wish she was playing.

• I'm catching up on some of last week's games. Starting to really like NED. They're quick, they hit hard, and look like they have good team chemistry. But I can't figure their rotation. Seems Plak and that beautiful blond setter rotate in and out like other teams rotate a libero with the middle blocker. I'm not well versed in this stuff but I don't think I've seen a setter get rotated like that. Is that common for them?

I keep seeing the one player I've liked before sitting in street clothes on the sidelines. She's good. I wish she was playing.

That is the 5/1 sub! It happens whenever the setter gets to the net in the rotation, so the coach changes the setter for the backup OPP (in this case, Daalderop) and the OPP (Plak) for the backup setter (Stoltenborg) that way he does not lose much height and power in the frontrow. Pretty much every team does that, by the way. ^^

• I neither understand the reason as to why Robison wasn't called by coach Kiraly ... she's still a young player and could offer a lot to the youngsters ...I heard from the commentator ( Paul Sumderland ) , during the game between USA -ITA streamed by NBC, that he was told by Karch that Hill, Foluke , Larson and Robinson will be back at the USA NT gym looking forward to make the team for the WC in September .