Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Imo best option for Turkey is Hande as Opp! Turkey doesn't need yet another OH, we desperately need an Opp and there are still no options so why not make our 19 y/o star who is a better Opp then OH anyway an Opp. Meryem can only kill perfect sets, Polen is only tipping the ball, both Polen and Meryem are slow, Neslihan is getting older and that's it. We need Hande as Opp! Someone make it happen pls. Vs Brazil Guidetti tried it out and it worked very well don't know why he called Melis Durul now. I don't see how and why Hande still is an OH.

With this roster I would try
    Dicle/Beyza as MB duo's, Fatma/Meliha as OH duos, Ezgi as setter, Hande as Opp and Melis Yilmaz (L)

Sub Meliha with Seyma for more defense and Meryem with Hande if she struggles. And send Melis Durul home as Cagla too :wavy:

• With only one Bosetti playing, Italy leads 2-0 against China

• Italy reduced the number of mistakes and is playing better then the last weekend. Sylla is a good option in attack, besides Egonu and is also doing well in reception for now. I'm happy Egonu is also concentrating on her defensive duties, to me she improved quite a lot...

• American time-outs are so democratic, not only Kirarly speaks out but everyone does. Girls are given a chance to spill out what think and It's really efficient.
    I see Guidetti being super furious :rolll: And he has the right reason, Turks playing so bad.

"Take a deep breathe: good things are gonna happen" is the best he can say. :wall:

• Malinov's organisation of attacks is so much fun to watch! Of course Egonu is the go-to hitter when it counts but other than that she distributes so well!

I agree, she's setting well, fasto and involving all her players. The only thing I saw is that she has some black outs and starts to become unprecise or to do crazy sets.. I hope today won't happen though :gone:

• Imo best option for Turkey is Hande as Opp! Turkey doesn't need yet another OH, we desperately need an Opp and there are still no options so why not make our 19 y/o star who is a better Opp then OH anyway an Opp. Meryem can only kill perfect sets, Polen is only tipping the ball, both Polen and Meryem are slow, Neslihan is getting older and that's it. We need Hande as Opp! Someone make it happen pls. Vs Brazil Guidetti tried it out and it worked very well don't know why he called Melis Durul now. I don't see how and why Hande still is an OH.

With this roster I would try
    Dicle/Beyza as MB duo's, Fatma/Meliha as OH duos, Ezgi as setter, Hande as Opp and Melis Yilmaz (L)

Sub Meliha with Seyma for more defense and Meryem with Hande if she struggles. And send Melis Durul home as Cagla too :wavy:

Finally you realized that Meryem is not an opp for NT level! :rolleyes:

Hande as Opp can work for near future but in the long run it is a bad idea. She is the only offensive OH that could be a young alternative to Neriman when she is retired. She should play as OH at least one year with Eczacıbaşı and let's hope she will improve in that position under guidance of Motta. She is still raw but noone become a good player in a night. Indeed Hande reminds me Smarzek, they both are good Opps but struggling as OHs. They need some time and patience to grow as a player.

• Congrats to the italian girls! :super: :super: they played well, focused and reduced the number of mistakes. I'm happy for this victory, I hope they manage to go on like this... :box:

• Congrats to Italy! They deserved that victory

• After the match, the ones that doubt An Jia-jie have become more and more.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I wouldn't say this Belgian team would make it to final rounds even in second division :rolleyes:
    Indeed nice to see Daalderop for dutch team.

• As usual, setters are the first ones to be criticized but let me do it :whistle: Dijkema's balls towards Balkestein are way too low, we all know that Maret is not someone who spikes at a really high point but she deserves better balls. Van de Vyver is doing a good job in reverse set but the rest is just so so.

Kirstin Knip has missed 2 easy balls thus far...