Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Today, against a new young Turkish Team she played well.. But last week against strong teams, she played poorly.

USA would always be leading and whenever she came in they lost the lead.

Against Italy USA had 16-10, Hancock came in and Italy tied the game at 20-20. And she scored only 2 aces in 3 games.

Just go to volleytalk and read what people has been saying about her....it is not just me saying.

Monza must be so happy with Hancock's performance, she's absolutely stunning, in particular I really like how she runs her MBs. Dixon is still great despite her seriously injury, glad to see her back in good shape. Tapp is a bit struggling in attack but does her job in block on the other hand.

• I have been saying that for a while now, she only sets to Mihajlovic. and that is even annoying. Mihajlovic was having a great first set, she was doing great plays, but in the end Zinkovic just sets to her and it is too much.

She did the same thing in WCQ when she only set to Boskovic.

I don`t know if that is Tericz`s instruction or what. But that can`t happen anymore.

If she will keep playing like this Terzic must consider replacing her with Randenkovic or even Mirkovic. Especially because they are both 29 years old ( Antonjevic), it would be a good things to give the change for Randenkovic.

I didn't like Zivkovic at all, she was so predictable today. She was setting every ball to Mihajlovic, and that worked until suddenly Brankica didn't go anymore and was blocked and made several mistakes. Then it was all about Bjelica and it didn't pay off much either. They have two great Mbs and I think the game sholud have been more various.. you can rely on your strongest spiker, but not only on him!

• After the match, the ones that doubt An Jia-jie have become more and more.

But they better wait until the final six to judge... hard to say or predict any thing at these regular rounds for whatsoever the outcomes China will still play in Nanjing... :D

Having said this I remain unmoved to prefer Lang Ping being at court for the team than An at any given time!! Lang is just too good for An to ever supplant. Next generation at its duly time, but just not An.

Regardless the bumpy roads here, my support will remain be firm with the Chinese team ever!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I was just thinking that. Maybe China is playing like this because Lang Ping is not over there??
    I guess we will find that out in the Finals.

But they better wait until the final six to judge... hard to say or predict any thing at these regular rounds for whatsoever the outcomes China will still play in Nanjing... :D

Having said this I remain unmoved to prefer Lang Ping being at court for the team than An at any given time!! Lang is just too good for An to ever supplant. Next generation at its duly time, but just not An.

Regardless the bumpy roads here, my support will remain be firm with the Chinese team ever!

• I don't check volleytalk and what matters the most to me is that she played good TODAY and I wasn't referring her performance last week.

• Daalderop can become a key player for NED for the next 10 years if she manages to bring her reception at least to an acceptable level. Her attacking today is very convincing, but then this Belgian team is not an opponent based on which you could make too big judgements...

• Daalderop 14/15 .... :white: That`s really impressive.

Daalderop can become a key player for NED for the next 10 years if she manages to bring her reception at least to an acceptable level. Her attacking today is very convincing, but then this Belgian team is not an opponent based on which you could make too big judgements...

• She played very well but I don't think she hit 14/15

I realized many stats are wrong...for example, it says that Monique from BRA had 4/5, but she had at least 3 attacks that didn't convert into points...

• Huh Nika Daalderop played very well 14/15 :heart: Tatyana Gracheva said that maybe Jasper was the 2nd libero :lol: she made huge mistake. I dont remember when I saw so statistic last time. Nika made great job :thumbup:

• I realized many stats are wrong...for example, it says that Monique from BRA had 4/5, but she had at least 3 attacks that didn't convert into points...

Yes, that's a common problem. I got used to seeing weird setting and reception stats, but that's because it's hard to understand what a "running set" is and it's up to interpretation what you call a "perfect reception" and what not. But I've also noticed many times blocks being attributed to the wrong player (ok, that can also happen when it's a double or triple block) and also attacks or aces not being counted or attempts not counted and such...that's why I try not to read too much into the stats.

Just as I posted this I looked at the full stats and it fits: according to them, NED and BEL both had one perfect reception each in the match. Ironically, the one perfect Dutch reception is given to Daalderop :rolll:

• Yes, that's a common problem. I got used to seeing weird setting and reception stats, but that's because it's hard to understand what a "running set" is and it's up to interpretation what you call a "perfect reception" and what not. But I've also noticed many times blocks being attributed to the wrong player (ok, that can also happen when it's a double or triple block) and also attacks or aces not being counted or attempts not counted and such...that's why I try not to read too much into the stats.

Yes, I actually like the stats but of course we can only discuss the real performance of a team or a player by watching the matches. I have seen blockers with 0 blocks many times (especially OHs and OPPs) because they tend to credit the block point to the middle blocker...

• Too bad NO Challenge System in Poland... ARG vs KOR... Acosta missed out the block touch but couldn't challenge the referee's wrong decision, TV replay showed the KOR touch.

And Macau (Macao) makes improvement this year, it's using Challenge System now, last year it didn't have it :thumbsup:

FIVB should have necessitated ALL stadiums hosting FIVB major events like WGP to employ the Challenge System. but If the cost of such Challenge System is prohibitively high, just seeks new vendor... for in other kind of sport I once read the kind of Challenge System costed at least USD 500,000 to install 8o :roll: perhaps due to the power of monopoly and lobbying overheads :P

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I thought the challenge system was mandatory for all GP matches

• I thought the challenge system was mandatory for all GP matches

One would have thought so :-) yet it's untrue... at least for GP Group 2 & 3 competitions... perhaps all stadiums hosting Group 1 are using Challenge Systems this year (tho not 100% sure). Last year I know for sure Macau didn't have it [for I cursed it for lacking of that system when some wrong calls occurred back then :P )

• uu from 20:24 to 27:25 :super: nice substitution and play by Bociek and Polak in the end