Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• well, Turkey team is not so young I think. If we compare Turkey with Italy, Egonu 18y.o, Sylla 21y.o, Malinov 20y.o, Chirichella 22 y.o, Folie 25 y.o and I think it's good tactic and good job by Gui ;)
    if Turkey big clubs give a chance these girls maybe they will get much more experience and improve their game and maybe they will be able to be champion of ECH in future who knows

OH Hande : 19
    Libero Melis : 20
    MB Aslı : 21
    MB Beyza Arıcı : 21-22
    S Ezgi Dilik : 22
    S Çağla Akın : 22
    OH Şeyma Ercan : 23
    OH Meliha Ismailoğlu : 23
    OPP Melis :23
    MB Diclenur : 24
    OH Fatma Yıldırım : 27
    OPP Meryem : 29

• Hande 19, Özge Nur 23, Kübra 22, Asli 21, Ezgi Dilik 22, Fatma 26, Meliha 23. Gizem Örge 23 and Melis Yilmaz 19 years old!
    I agree with you though this young team withour some like Kubra gave a China Olympians like Zhu Ting and Gong such a hard time I am very impressed.

Can't wait for Italy Turkey, in Italy match Zhu didn't play as far as I know so that match can be interesting.

Canter already did tbe job ahaha :thumbsup:

• Turkey lost but i liked the struggle..they kind of looked "stable" to my eyes..yet this team is offensively not good enough/weak
    Meliha had a good game but its just A game..she will have to show this game in many matches on the otherhand, she showed that she can offensively help Turkish team together with Hande

Melis is not an enough OPP but her shoulder stronger than the other two..i somehow like it :)
    the block was bad..Özgenur's stats look better than Dicle's but i found Dicle's game better during the match
    i liked libero Melis's game too..her saves were "clear"

• I gave the age of Chinese NT in Week 1 and Week 2 of WGP 2017
    MB Gao Yi: 19
    OP Qian Jing-wen: 19
    OP Gong Xiang-yu: 20
    MB Wang Yuan-yuan: 20
    MB Yuan Xin-yue: 21
    OH Wang Yun-lu: 21
    MB Zheng Yi-xin: 22
    L Wang Meng-jie: 22
    OH Zhu Ting: 23
    L Lin Li: 25
    S Yao Di: 25
    OH Li Jing: 26
    OH Liu Xiao-tong: 27
    S Ding Xia: 27

PS: Li Jing proves herself once today.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Hande 19, Özge Nur 23, Kübra 22, Asli 21, Ezgi Dilik 22, Fatma 26, Meliha 23. Gizem Örge 23 and Melis Yilmaz 19 years old!
    I agree with you though this young team withour some like Kubra gave a China Olympians like Zhu Ting and Gong such a hard time I am very impressed.

Can't wait for Italy Turkey, in Italy match Zhu didn't play as far as I know so that match can be interesting.

Canter already did tbe job ahaha :thumbsup:

i think Italy is playing better than China

• n Italy match Zhu didn't play as far as I know

Actually she played from the middle of second set ;)

Very glad that we won again, even if we crushed in the 4th set and in general imho we didn't play as well as yesterday, for example in block (we did good blocks in few crucial moments, like in the tie break, but overall I got the impression we positively touched less ball than yesterday).

• I used to support Malagurski, but I have to be realistic, and she is so far from her level in 2011.
    Same case with Bjelica. Both in 2011 seemed to be reliable in attack and now, dont show consistency.
    Malagurski can be the scorer of the team, but makes many mistakes and is frequently blocked. She is strong but with high error range.
    Bjelica sometimes disappears and that is forbidden to an opposite in Serbia :teach:

I don't think they're the biggest problem. Obviously they're nowhere near Bošković, but usually they can get the job done, at least somewhat. The key issue is Mihajlović, IMO. When she's not having her day (like yesterday against Brazil or in the Olympics final), there's really no one else to replace her. And considering that Terzić seems to have given up on using Malagurski as OH, it's going to be a long term issue as I don't really see anyone of that profile coming up in near future. I have some hope for Milenković and Lazović, but they're not really the beasts of nature like Brankica, and they definitely need more time to develop.

It just occurred to me that there's no one let on the Serbian team that played against Japan for the first time in 2006. Times have changed for sure.

Brazil losing to Thailand is pretty crazy!

• Wooow, I just noticed that China is actually being host each week of this Grand Prix. First week was in Kunshan, the second in Macau and the third is in Hong Kong. Yeah the last two are autonomous territories but nevertheless. And even the Finals are in China so this must be the most comfortable Grand Prix for China ever even without big travels. :white:

• Those jingles are quite annoying..."here comes the BOOM", "monster block monster monster monster block", and am I the only one who hears "boyfriends clap your hands"? :rolll:

LOL, I think it's like "everybody, clap your hands".

• yea! travelling time is not more than 3 hours from each city. Not to mention Hong Kong and Macau are 2 of the most generous hosts among the 9, above average accommodations are offered.

Wooow, I just noticed that China is actually being host each week of this Grand Prix. First week was in Kunshan, the second in Macau and the third is in Hong Kong. Yeah the last two are autonomous territories but nevertheless. And even the Finals are in China so this must be the most comfortable Grand Prix for China ever even without big travels. :white:

• Wooow, I just noticed that China is actually being host each week of this Grand Prix. First week was in Kunshan, the second in Macau and the third is in Hong Kong. Yeah the last two are autonomous territories but nevertheless. And even the Finals are in China so this must be the most comfortable Grand Prix for China ever even without big travels. :white:

Haha, true. But it is interesting that it takes 2h50m to fly from Kunshan to Macau, and 2h55m from Kunshan to Tokyo for example.

• The key issue is Mihajlović, IMO. When she's not having her day (like yesterday against Brazil or in the Olympics final), there's really no one else to replace her.

So true. You can add the OG group match VS Holland to that list as well where she was rested.

In fact, in 2013, 2014 and 2015 Serbia were eliminated from major competitions by Russia and in each of those matches Mihajlovic was either injured or very poor. Boskovic pretty much always performs to a high level, to beat Serbia the key is to stop Mihajlovic for the last few years.

• LOL, I think it's like "everybody, clap your hands".

No that's a different one. I guess it's supposed to be something like "go fans clap your hands" but I can't help hearing "boyfriends" :D

Meanwhile, the Dominican team looks far less erratic than they used to. Might they finally be able to fulfill their potential after many years of disappointments?

• Yea I also heard the boyfriends part lol

Netherlands Domican 16-8 to 16-16 and now losing set :white: I truly hope Netherlands will not make it to final round despite their lucky draw. They don't deserve it at all.

• Really enjoying Dominican Republic's performance here. Let's win set 3 girls :super: