Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Interesting starting lineup for Japan. Nakada is really going with a devil may care "Okay girls show me what you got" rotation

• That's a guy thing. Have to talk all the time :teach:
    :D

• #13 on BRA looks like she is going to stumble and fall on her serve setup. But then serves it well

• Nakada talks with Ferhat some but very seldom to the girls. Ferhat talks to the girls every timeout.

• ITA beat USA but don't look impressive... very strange. both sylla and egonu can be big killers, but also such bad errors in hitting. sylla specially, i don't understand her jump and arm swing, very bizarre.

of the american bench, macmahon is not impressive, she's just tall but doesn't move well. but hancock has a crazy serve, which i remember, caused a lot of damage at the pan am cup.

• With Manabe there was always a couple data guys with tablets that would talk to the girls I think that's what Ferhat is doing. I'm thinking Nakada is more of a grand schemer. The rotations she is using this tournament must be part of a larger plan I'm not privy to :lol:

Brazil coach looks like he might have a heart attack if they lose a fifth set in a row

• If Sylla can improve her reception she will be a World Class OH very soon.

ITA beat USA but don't look impressive... very strange. both sylla and egonu can be big killers, but also such bad errors in hitting. sylla specially, i don't understand her jump and arm swing, very bizarre.

of the american bench, macmahon is not impressive, she's just tall but doesn't move well. but hancock has a crazy serve, which i remember, caused a lot of damage at the pan am cup.

• I think okumura is working her way into the starting lineup for good. Impressive offense and defense.

• Much wondering... will the Brazilian team generously hand over another gift to the Asian powerhouse today? :D let's see :bump:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Italy won 3-0 vs Turkey! I wacthed only the last set, which was dominated so it doesn't give many indication.
    Still, I didn't think I would have witness the day when Sylla did two ace in a row, good job Davide! (she said he made her work on that; I wonder why nobody did that before, she had practically an immaterial serve in the past..)

Very nice week end for our Senjor, but very terrible by our U20: almost the opposite of what I've expected ^^'

• I'm surprised nakada went with Uchiseto and Sato to start and has played them all five sets without sub. Sato is not digging well.

It's a nail biter here.

• Geez Japan. Really raised my blood pressure. Congrats but you should have earned 3 points instead of 2.

• This win was crucial for Japan because (losing 1 point could cost them a lot) next week they face Serbia,China and Russia.

I was happy with Koga`s performance, only problem was that Sato overwhelmed her with so many sets ( She got 61 swings, Shinnabe 42, Uchiseto 36) after a while everyone knew where the ball was going and so did the Brazilian Block.

Interesting that Myashita came to serve in the 5set at 15-15.

Another loss for Brazil, 22 blocks was not enough.

• Nakada never smiles, she`s always so seriously. Interesting to see Ferhat talking with the players during the time-out.

Koga is putting up on a show right now... :P

The Turk guy is the real coach in my understanding, the one who really tells the players what to do etc. The muted lady coach standing on the sideline can't be too real, good for kabuki show only.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”