Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• The Turk guy is the real coach in my understanding, the one who really tells the players what to do etc. The muted lady coach standing on the sideline can't be too real, good for kabuki show only.

Each teams has their own way of coaching. Not everyone are the same. :drink:

• WHAT HAPPENED TO BRAZIL?

Smaller MBs this time. Both Thaisa and Fabiana had the length to stop those combination attacks or out of system plays from Thailand and Japan.

It also doesn't help that Brazil is lacking clear leadership. You know someone like Sheilla who is always calm under pressure. Everyone seems nervous during crunch time.

Natalia is also not playing well. I think of all players from here she needs the rest.

I also feel terrible coaching/managing decisions were made by Ze taking Monique instead of Edinara. Monique is setter-dependent and she plays better with Roberta than with Naiane during the substitution . The smaller stature is not helping their cause as well especially in blocking. Roberta is like taller than Monique and Tandara spikes also much better in backrow than Monique in frontrow. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Interesting starting lineup for Japan. Nakada is really going with a devil may care "Okay girls show me what you got" rotation

Nakada took great receivers/defenders and dropped Mari from the line up. I think that was great managing since Brazil can serve really hard at them. For a small team like Japan, every mistake is crucial so passing has to be great at all times.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• LOL CHN vs USA 2nd set 16th point of China, Lin li the libero scores a odd point :what: :lol: .

• Btw, it seems like I had a problem with this site this past week. I keep getting connection errors. I thought the site was down but it doesn't seem to be the case with everyone after I check some of the previous pages. :white:

#FreeBritney

• That just seems fair number of swings considering she is the commonly only option available to hit. Uchiseto took most of the passing responsibility and Risa there to support Koga as well if she gets targeted so the number of swings is just an necessary evil that Koga has to overcome.

#FreeBritney

• I really wish Ze can put her trust on Naiane a little bit more. Roberta looks frustrated as hell and she probably needs a little time thinking. Imo Naiane is the better setter than Roberta but she's always unlucky every time she's on court as the team loses mysteriously their passing. :white:

#FreeBritney

• This Italian team is really something! Right now, Serbia is arguarbly the best European team but they should be careful or Italy could easily steal the crown from them. Italy has very good players in every position but Chirichella, Malinov, and specially Egonu are standouts. :super:

• Yeah they have everything right now....Attack, Block, defence, reception and serve

MBs are attacking very good, We don't need to talk about Egonu at all and now Sylla is doing good job too.
    Bosetti and De Gennaro are AMAZING in defence with them in your court your attackers can be calm when they don't score because they know they have very good block and this two in defence.
    I just love Italy as team :heart:

• This Italian team is really something! Right now, Serbia is arguarbly the best European team but they should be careful or Italy could easily steal the crown from them. Italy has very good players in every position but Chirichella, Malinov, and specially Egonu are standouts. :super:

That's what Jelena Nikolić says too :P She expects these two teams to battle it out for years to come.

• US NT (the only one) didn't participate in the closing ceremony today in Macau. The only one who was there to represent the US was the team manager :white:

You do realize that the US have to fly to Brazil and China and Russia get to take a ferry to Hong Kong. Japan has a short flight to Hong Kong. Italy also has a short flight to Bangkok.

Had to get to Hong Kong airport as fast as possible to catch a flight.

• When the Italians plays well it is very hard not to like them even when they are playing against your favorite team.

The "key" for this young generation will come down to if they will be starters or will be on the bench in the upcoming years. I know it was said Malinov and Orro will be starters, but Cambi must a starter as well, because injury and things happens and if either Malinov or Orro goes down the next player in line must be 100% ready in shape to play at the high level.
    Same goes for the MB Chirinchela and Folei are on the top of their game, but Danesi and Bonifacio must catch up to their level and that will happen if they keep playing in the club full time. Same thing goes for Guerra, she must improve her reception to get C. Boseti out of the team, but if she spends another season on the bench she will never get there.

If I was the head of the Italian Federation what I would do something to make sure at least the 6 best Italians in every position are starters in a club. For example Conegliano having Folei,Danesi,Melandri and now with Robin is a big mistake. They could step in and support/help Danesi and Melandri to go to a club where they will play full time.