Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Many people mentions Russian short OHs, but their biggest problem is Libero position.
    Both simply can't receive, bad positiong, slow reaction :wall: :wall:

Because of them, I guess Kuzyutkin has to keep using 2 defensive OHs.

• They only play high ball, their game is slow , they can`t pass and defend, players only know to hit hard, they don`t even know how to explore the block or do anything besides just hitting hard. There`s no smart play.

And this attitude to be "cold" all the times, is kind old as well and does not work much anymore. They should be able to relax and have fun while playing the game.

So yeah, If I was the Russian coach I would be changing a lot of things.

How does this Russia play "oldschool volleyball"? Have you even watched them? They play the very same as most other teams.

Being a top player and being a coach are two completely different stories. Some can be both (Lang Ping for example), but many can't. Guidetti hasn't been a high level player at all by the way...

• Is this not just the usual Russian style though? They have definitely been using the MBs more than usual at this tournament (though of course that might stop when Goncha and Koshe come back into the team)

Their attitude is their attitude, I'm sure the coach is not saying "remember girls, you're not allowed to smile on the court." It is probably just the personalities of the players to be this way and that is fine.

As far as Gamova being the coach goes I really have no idea. Maybe she would be a great coach or maybe not. I'm sure she inspired many of the players but I'm also sure that some of those who played against her may not admire her so much if you know what I mean.

• They only play high ball, their game is slow , they can`t pass and defend, players only know to hit hard, they don`t even know how to explore the block or do anything besides just hitting hard. There`s no smart play.

And this attitude to be "cold" all the times, is kind old as well and does not work much anymore. They should be able to relax and have fun while playing the game.

So yeah, If I was the Russian coach I would be changing a lot of things.

OK, obviously you have not watched Russia in this tournament. They don't play any higher than for example the Dutch, they use MBs a lot, their passing and defense is by no means as awful as it has once been, and all of their hitters have been alternating their attacks fairly well.

And as Sisko said, being "cold" simply is their mentality, I'm sure they enjoy playing. In fact, Kuzyutkin has been smiling and joking with the players a lot more than any other Russian coach I've seen.

• very important 3-point win by Dutch team...

tough competition to be amonsgt the best 5 teams + China

i guess : Serbia Netherlands and Italy will be in the final round.Italy will face less tough opponets in the last pool : DR,Thailand and Turkey

the Usa is very likely to be in the final round

for the last spot : either Brazil or Japan will go to the finals...Japan's opponents in the last pool are tougher than Brazils

Japan can beat China and Russia on its day..Serbia is not an easy opponent for them to beat
    Brazil is very likely to beat Belgium and Netherland s and Usa dont appear that easy to beat..if they go out with 2 wins from this pool

hard to predict!
    which team do you think will be in the final round? Japan or Brazil
    Brazil is already the best team of WGP history ever ..id like to see Japan there :thumbsup:

• Kim stopped jump serving? I see her for the first time not jump serving

• Hands down I want to see Japan in the finals.

Last time Brazil did not medal in the GP was in 2007 when they finished 5th.

Brazil only failed to qualify for the finals one time only and that was back in 2003. ( In 1997 they did not play).

They only failed to win a Medal in 4 editions.

Brazil is the last team we want to see winning this years Grand Prix. And if they win this year again FIVB should just cancel the GP...because it will be really F%$#%$$%%% and every team should get spanked really hard.

• Kuziutkin is 70 years old, that`s way too old to be a coach, what is the Russian Federation even thinking :down:.

edit: Gamova as head coach and Sokolova as assistant would be perfect for Russia.

yes they can be but they first should prove themselves as coach and assintant
    would be early for them to take over Russsia NT without enough experience

• Brazil is the last team we want to see winning this years Grand Prix. And if they win this year again FIVB should just cancel the GP...because it will be really F%$#%$$%%% and every team should getting spanked really hard.

Huh? What is going on in this thread lmfao :lol:

• She's been alternating jump serve and jump float for quite a while already, also in Fenerbahce.

aa thx..now she is jump serving in the 3 set

• How does this Russia play "oldschool volleyball"?

They have that one player sporting a 70s throwback hairdo :D

• Hands down I want to see Japan in the finals.

Well, I certainly do too.

I'll take this up over in the Japan NT thread, but I felt like some of Nakada's decisions on who gets to play sort of signaled they were playing for 7th place, and Nakada's decisions were based on a long game rather than winning or placing in this tournament. But, it turns out I don't really know anything.

It's going to need a perfect storm to get in. We'll see who Nakada brings and plays in the next round. I was baffled by her playing Sato all five sets but just read that she assumed after BRA lost to THA they would be seriously studying JPN and so she threw a different setter at them. I don't know if that was brilliant, but they won.