You are not logged in.

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Saturday, June 17th 2017, 3:13pm

With these new format of FIVB, the continental tournament will become more relevant to their national federation just like in football. I honestly feel that WGP or WL will become fourth tier in importance thanks to this format.

There's no way FIVB is right for giving 12 teams seven years to play in the league. The competition is already drawn out and the top players will get tired so the federation will probably try more team Bs instead of sending their best team. It's not like WGP or WL has qualifications to the WCH or Olympics to make it a must play for everyone.

So in my opinion.FIVB should think about it. The competition will be probabaly low quality. No one wants that.

beri

Intermediate

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce and Turkish national team

Saturday, June 17th 2017, 4:41pm

Yeah it doesn't look like Gamze is training with NT :wall:

I only know for sure that Fatma, Beyza, Meryem and Ezgi Dilik were training with NT at the moment. So from MB's probably Özge or Asli is out which should be Özge Nur of course since she really is horrible this season. Also I prefer all other setter prospects over Çagla even if she played a lot to be honest I don't like her at all. Ezgi did play a lot also and she had Amazing stats and was more reliable then Tomkom sometimes! Wch quallifications Guidetti couldn't trust to use Akin at all. I hope for Gamze and Ezgi as main setters but sadly it looks like Gamze is not even training with NT atm :(

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Saturday, June 17th 2017, 4:51pm

I actually saw a picture of the team training in Vakifbank's hall after I shared my last post and one of the girls really looked like Gamze. It makes sense actually since they are training in Istanbul and Gamze is sharing pics with her bf from Istanbul. Though I won't be surprised if they let her rest for another 2 weeks and use her only in WGP and use Yeltsin cup as an opportunity to decide between Ezgi-Cagla and Özgenur-Asli.

I agree about Cagla, to me expectations are quite high from her and she didnt deliver anything yet. This season will be her biggest exam since her club would benefit alot from having her on court, saving 3rd foreigner spot for an OH or Rahimova. Lets see what she will do with big hitters. I liked Ezgi's performance during this season. To me the problem is, Ezgi is a similar player to Gamze. Both don't have excellent technique but are quite fast, have good serves etc. So Guidetti might prefer a setter who can deliver a calmer tempo next to Gamze.

Saturday, June 17th 2017, 8:34pm

i dont think Guidetti can give up on Kübra Çalışkan so that Gamze can play her fast game with the other MBs..Kübra is the best MB in terms of block and attack amongst the current MBs in the list of WGP 2017 (she is the second best after Eda Erdem Dündar)

which one do you think will be on the roster of WGP : Şeyma Ercan or Meliha Ismailoğlu ? i guess the former
meso mi ra se beno...

Sunday, June 18th 2017, 11:44am

USA volleyball is sharing pictures from the gym, and Rachael is there training with the girls, but she's not on the roster for the GP.. Larson, Hill, Robinson also are not, but they aren't practising with the girls.. Also they (usavolleyball) shared a photo on Instagram saying Rachael looking forward to be wearing the red, white and blue later this summer.. I'm confused

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Sunday, June 18th 2017, 12:57pm

USA volleyball is sharing pictures from the gym, and Rachael is there training with the girls, but she's not on the roster for the GP.. Larson, Hill, Robinson also are not, but they aren't practising with the girls.. Also they (usavolleyball) shared a photo on Instagram saying Rachael looking forward to be wearing the red, white and blue later this summer.. I'm confused
A few days ago I saw an instagram story from Robinson and she was saying that she was excited to be having her first day at the national team training center. She never actually posted anything from the gym and now it looks like she is enjoying some vacation with Alix Klineman at some beach (probably any of those beaches around the Los Angeles area). The training center is close to there, right?

Sunday, June 18th 2017, 1:13pm

The veterans will play the Grand Champions Cup and probably the 2 friendly s against Brazil as well.

Yesterday, 2:12am

Brazil GP Roster.

Setter: Roberta, Naiane, Macris
OPP: Tandara, Monique
OH: Natalia, Rosamaria,Drussyla, Amanda,Edinara, Fernanda Tome.
MB : Bia, Adenizia,Carol,Mara
Libero: Suelen, Gabi (Osasco)

Gabi (Rexona) and Juciely are out with knee problems and Leia asked to be released.

Before traveling to Turkey for the first round of the Grand Prix, Brazil have two friendlies against Poland. On June 27, the duel will be in Belo Horizonte, in the Mineirinho. Two days later, the teams return to play in São Paulo, at Ibirapuera.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/volei/noticia/lesoes-tiram-gabi-e-juciely-do-grand-prix-e-ze-roberto-fecha-lista-do-brasil.ghtml

Social bookmarks