Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• i was able just to watch some parts of the match and according to "the stats" only MB Beyza Arıcı had a good match..Gamze should have played better than that.if im not mistaken she took a long journey. that could have affected her perf negatively..she couldnt use the saved and free balls well.Hande Baladın isnt playing well..i just remember her good game against Brazil. Meliha seems better than her in the last matches though she was not good against Italy

C.Bosetti was useful Chirichella made a few crucial mistakes but again a few magical touches/tips..lol
    imo,MB Raphaele Folie is a very useful player..one of the hidden star of this italian team..Egonu appears as the star of this team but Folie is doing a very good job..i like her

• I guess when someone saying B team it is cause your are playing with your back up team...and that is USA team looks right now..maily, only two starters, the rest will be at best back up team, so it is kind of a B Team.... if there was no one from the 14 at all then it would be like a C team? :rolleyes:

But the same goes for Brazil, I believe, Brazil is also not complete, I expect Natália, Tandara to be the starters....maybe Carol....not the rest...

I dont believe everyone that is out right now will actually return tho, maybe only Fabíola, Thaisa and Gabi..and Leia? or at best Dani Lins?...I dont see the rest returning...JAque, Garay, Fabiana, .....honestly would be bad for Brazil to keep them, the team needs to think about the future, Brazil already having hard time finidng quality new players and add to that the fact they have no international experience almost what so ever....so brining the oldies back wont help with that....you might control things for Tokyo, but what about after that, would be a disaster....I think Zé even took way to long to bring some of the young girls on board, that should have started in the last Olympic qhad already....

Exactly !

• I HOPE Hands will be starting, but we never know, they never believe in the Turkish players and whenever they make a mistake in the game they get benched .

And they usually never get to play in CL or Club Championship.

And unfortunately I think all the talent from the U20 will get wasted on the "bench" in the upcoming years.

Turkish Volleyball Federation needs to believe on their players, against Italy right now, their showing the potential of being great team. In the span of 1-2 years TurkeyNT will be a force to be reckoned in the world Volleyball...1st move they need to make is let this players play in the clubs and do nt bench them all the time..POTENTIALS are overflowing evryone...

Thanks god Eczaci will start to let Hande play as starter this upcoming season. Gamze, Örge, Kübra, Fatma and Seyma are going to play as starters as well. Meliha shows her potential but decided to go to ECZ where she will be the back up of Hande same for Ezgi being Ognejenovics back up

Turkey also needs something similar like Cub Italia in the italian League. Look at the U20 team, they all have potential and its a good generation but will they find a starting position in a club?

• I don't agree on the criticism about Gamze. She set a few really weird balls but rest were not her fault, especially free ball situations. I hope Guidetti is warning the team about free balls in general because liberos are receiving these free balls far too high and slow, sometimes off the net, that is not acceptable at this level. An attack starts already from the receiving, if you watch how GS receivers pushed the freeballs to Gamze throughout last season, you will understand what I mean. Another problem is our wing spikers are not playing well, Hande couldn't kill a very important ball while she was left against a single block for example. Meryem did a poor job especially when she was stuck at zone 4, her attacking ratio is 30%. Hande killed only 2 out of 17 balls. Gamze can't create miracles out of such hitters unfortunately, even Guldeniz is attacking better than them.

• Short summary of Turkey-Italy match is, Italy has Egonu, Turkey doesn't.

However I'm glad to see how turkey performed. With reliable hitters like Neriman, Goode, Neslihan and Eda, Turkey can destroy this Italian team in ECH. Today only one reliable hitter could help Turkey to take it to a tie break.

• I HOPE Hands will be starting, but we never know, they never believe in the Turkish players and whenever they make a mistake in the game they get benched .

I'm sure Hande will be starting. ECZ's only foreign OH is Larson so I don't really see another option. The question is which of Ezgi and Beyza will be benched

• Turkish Volleyball Federation needs to believe on their players, against Italy right now, their showing the potential of being great team. In the span of 1-2 years TurkeyNT will be a force to be reckoned in the world Volleyball...1st move they need to make is let this players play in the clubs and do nt bench them all the time..POTENTIALS are overflowing evryone...

In that case the Turkish Volleyball Association may need to cut down the number of foreign players as well, from the current number, along with other regulations tweaking of incentives (for having the domestic athletes FIRST in true sense, incl. the real playing time not only hiring but benching them) and disincentives (of hiring many then staging a bunch of foreign athletes all the time).

It's really ridiculous to have strong clubs due to foreign player injections but weak national team in the long run, it's a deceptive achievement... and posing little value!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• We actually have English commentary for JPN v CHN