Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• And how about yourself? Don`t you ever say anything negative about the Brazilians? Just the other you said Juma is just not good. So how about that? Ive seen you criticizing Brazilians many times. Same thing goes for Sidney and other Brazilians.

I`ve seen Mathias criticizing the Germans, Canter and others Turkish criticizing the Turkish players. KK15 criticizing the Italians, and so on.... And what`s wrong with that?? There`s nothing wrong... It is ok for a fan to pick on its own players...

He dislikes both Brazil and USA NTs :lol:

• And how about yourself? Don`t you ever say anything negative about the Brazilians? Just the other you said Juma is just not good. So how about that? Ive seen you criticizing Brazilians many times. Same thing goes for Sidney and other Brazilians.

I`ve seen Mathias criticizing the Germans, Canter and others Turkish criticizing the Turkish players. KK15 criticizing the Italians, and so on.... And what`s wrong with that?? There`s nothing wrong... It is ok for a fan to pick on its own players...

Being critical of a team or a certain player is entirely different from dismissing their work and vehemently cheering against them. :wavy:

• Is there a place that lists who's got best numbers for various positions? I looped through the FIVB site and didn't find anything. I rewatched the Japan v China game because I'm a glutton for punishment and I'm pretty sure I heard the guy say China's Li Lin was ranked highest for Libero at this point, with 90-something percent success rate.

• Is there a place that lists who's got best numbers for various positions? I looped through the FIVB site and didn't find anything. I rewatched the Japan v China game because I'm a glutton for punishment and I'm pretty sure I heard the guy say China's Li Lin was ranked highest for Libero at this point, with 90-something percent success rate.

http://worldgrandprix.2017.fiv…p1/statistics/bestscorers
    Select group number and find statistics in the competition tab. Hope this is what you are looking for. Lin Li receiving % dropped to 88%.

• http://worldgrandprix.2017.fiv…p1/statistics/bestscorers
    Select group number and find statistics in the competition tab. Hope this is what you are looking for. Lin Li receiving % dropped to 88%.

That's exactly what I was looking for and still can't find :aww: but I've bookmarked it. Thanks a lot

Edit - the browser I use doesn't have the drop menu for groups and finals on the home page. So I couldn't even initiate this process. I tried a different browser and it allowed me to navigate as you describe.

• Group 3 semi final match today between Australia and Venezuela has been officially cancelled.
    FIVB official twitter account recently retweeted the announcement posted by Volleyball Australia.

"IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to circumstances beyond the control of Volleyball Australia, the team from Venezuela has not yet arrived.

FIVB officials have cancelled the 7.00pm match between Australia and Venezuela.

Our hearts go out to the Venezuelan athletes and officials who remain in transit and are doing their best to get here and compete in the Finals they qualified for.

The 4pm Semi final between France and Hungary is going ahead as planned.

As a result of the cancellation of the Australian match, Volleyball Australia has decided to allow all ticket holders for Saturday matches who choose not use their tickets today, to use them to come on Sunday. Please simply present your Saturday ticket for entry on Sunday. We encourage you all to come out to watch Hungary play France at 4.00pm today."

Source: 1, 2

• I looked through the stats to see what the attendances has been. *update*

China vs Japan - 10`714

Thailand vs D. Rep - 9`000

Puerto Rico vs Bulgaria - 8`700
    Puerto Rico vs Czech Rep. - 8`500
    Serbia vs Russia - 8`360

Turkey vs Brazil - 7`000

Puerto Rico vs Canada - 6`800
    Peru vs Czech Rep. - 6`000

Peru vs Colombia - 5`500
    Netherlands vs Japan - 5`500
    Netherlands vs Thailand - 5`500
    Argentina vs Croatia - 5`000
    Argentina vs Poland - 5`000
    Peru vs Puerto Rico - 5`000
    Italy vs Turkey - 5`000
    China vs USA - 5`315

China vs Russia - 4`565
    Canada vs Argentina - 4`500
    Brazil vs Netherlands - 4`776
    Netherlands vs DOM - 4`300
    China vs USA - 4`090

Attendance in the 2 Division has been great, Puerto Rico fans are the best so far, Peru, Netherlands and Argentina comes right after. Attendance in Japan and Russia were quite disappointing this year.
    Mexico and Cameroon in Division 3 had better attendance than Poland and Bulgaria.
    Cameroon vs Algeria 3`000 and Venezuela vs Algeria 2`000, these numbers are pretty good for Division 3.

• Another starting lineup for Japan that came out the blender

• Kumi Koda said something this time. She usually stands like a yakuza boss and let Ferhat talk.

• Where has Sarina Koga gone? How does someone lose all their confidence and disappear like that? :gone:

I notice Nakada talks to the girls more once they get on the court. I hope her coaching is better than her challenges. She's at least 0 for 3 going back to last game and this one

• Did Nayeba played yesterday? I guess they just rested her and Koga yesterday believing they had a better chance to beat Serbia than China.

Nabeya subbed in to serve. Koga was taken out after a poor 1st set.

• People talking about Brazil x Japan fighting for the last spot but the real battle is Brazil x Dom. Rep. :whistle:

• Nakada wins a challenge! That one looked pretty easy

• Where has Sarina Koga gone? How does someone lose all their confidence and disappear like that? :gone:

I notice Nakada talks to the girls more once they get on the court. I hope her coaching is better than her challenges. She's at least 0 for 3 going back to last game and this one

I think Manabe leaving her out of Rio really did damage to her confidence.

• Oh I did not watch the 1st set yesterday, I was just thinking they rested Koga.

But the problem for her is playing against high block teams like China and Serbia....She gotta be 100% on fire to surpass them due to her height and physique.

Where has Sarina Koga gone? How does someone lose all their confidence and disappear like that? :gone:

• People talking about Brazil x Japan fighting for the last spot but the real battle is Brazil x Dom. Rep. :whistle:

I think DOM has a better chance than Japan, but I may have started false rumors

• I would find it discombobulating to listen to Ferhat in a language I don't understand while the translator shouting out at the same time.

Nakada hasn't used a lineup this tournament and stuck with it for the girls to gel and find one another. Or maybe she thinks they should be above that or something. Where is Shinnabe?

• If Japan loses today (which seems most likely to happen) and if Dom loses against Italy by any score later, Brazil will be already qualified no matter what happens in the last round.