Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Teams use the GP to test not only new players but new line ups as well.

For example last year`s GP Serbia and China had basically a different line up for almost every game. Serbia avoided to reach the finals on purpose and China sent their B team to the finals, and they did the same thing in 2015. But it paid off at the World Cup and Olympics.

Serbia is doing the same thing in this GP. Terzic is rotating and letting everyone play. At this moment I can`t if Zinkovic or Antojevic is or will be the starting setter or if Bjelica or Malagurski will be Tijana`s backup.

Nakada hasn't used a lineup this tournament and stuck with it for the girls to gel and find one another. Or maybe she thinks they should be above that or something. Where is Shinnabe?

• This is my first big international tournament as a volleyball fan where I've picked a team I want to win and put on my rooting pants. I don't want it to end painfully. It's secondary if they win. I don't want my team to play like crap and look defeated. :lol: ;(

• You made the right choice. One thing to love about Japan is that they never play like crap and never look defeated, they always they their best no matter what and they always keep the positive attitude even when they are loosing.

I don't want my team to play like crap and look defeated. :lol: ;(

• You made the right choice. One thing to love about Japan is that they never play like crap and never look defeated, they always they their best no matter what and they always keep the positive attitude even when they are loosing.

There were some worrisome signs in those first two sets. :whistle:

• I thought there were a few, which means a few too many balls that hit the floor unattended. And that play where Shimamura just spaced out, it wasn't the space out it was like the wind went out of the sails as a response. Then Nabeye runs into the huddle and falls down and everything was right again. Does every team have a class clown? :rolll:

• :woohoo: :super: Japan takes set 3 :super: :woohoo:

• Nabeya is feeling it.

• Zivkovic is absolutely not a terrible setter, when it comes to technics but she's so predictable and boring.
    As much as I like Malagurski, she should use more of her brain than all the power she has when hitting in a difficult position.

Veljkovic and Stevanovic having a difficult time following Japanese attackers.

• Makes Japan look a little better while Serbia is going through this phase of playing like crap and looking defeated. It's almost comical how nothing seems to go Serbia's way at the moment

• :super: will Serbia bring in their sluggers for the tie break?

• Japan :super:

• After the 2nd set Mihajlovic and Zinkovic basically had no more motivation to go on. And Malagurski had a terrible day and should have been replaced earlier, but I think Terzic is really testing her to see what she can do, too bad things are not looking good for her. Busa also should have been replaced but same thing goes to her, Terzic must know what she can do....and things are not looking good for her either.

Oh well. That is what I said Japan never gives up...they always fight.

• After the 2nd set Mihajlovic and Zinkovic basically had no more motivation to go on. And Malagurski had a terrible day and should have been replaced earlier, but I think Terzic is really testing her to see what she can do, too bad things are not looking good for her. Busa also should have been replaced but same thing goes to her, Terzic must know what she can do....and things are not looking good for her either.

Oh well. That is what I said Japan never gives up...they always fight.

I agree that Terzic is just testing these players. Serbia is already qualified to F6, so winning their remaining matches is not really necessary, so I think it is smart to let the newer/bench players get more experience.

• All of a sudden this tournament has gotten interesting :cheesy:

ITL v DOM Is an important match

• YESS....if Italy wins both matches, and Serbia and USA loose tomorrow Italy will finish in first place.

But if they loose both matches they could end up going home....

It just crossed my mind, but I guess it is not a bad idea for Serbia that Japan won, Serbia knows their only loss came from Brazil, and they know very well Brazil is always dangerous and they know how to win the GP more than anyone else....at least the door is open, and if Brazil does not reach the finals it will just benefit Serbia ( and everyone else).

All of a sudden this tournament has gotten interesting :cheesy:

ITL v DOM Is an important match