Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Brazil and Turkey are playing two friendly matches today and tomorrow

• Croatia played friendly match against Argentine, and surprisely they beat them 3:1 in front over 2.000 people :). They will play one more match.

Best scorer was Katarina Luketic (OPP) with 24 points and Lucija Mlinar (OH) with 21 points.
    Croatia is playing without everyone that you know :lol: . Samanta Fabris started preparation with NT but I don't know why She will not play in first week or She who knows maybe She will not play this year WGP..

Maybe because they know next year their is not WGP, so they want to give younger girls a chance to play at level with NT...

• I'm not surprised about 25:9 when I see this line up. Polen+Çagla+Simge Aköz :wall:

All I wonder is what these players did to deserve playing for A-team. Why not try Derya Çayirgan as libero when she did so well this season. Wth did Simge do to deserve being in A-team? Except being a mediocre back up to Kosheleva. :what: Ezgi and even Cansu Özbay + Gamze of course are all miles better then Çagla...

• From the video I saw, Gamze-Meryem, Fatma, Kubra and Dicle were playing, I didnt see the libero. In the last set, I saw Ezgi Dilik as setter and Meliha with Fatma on court, Polen as opposite.

• From the video I saw, Gamze-Meryem, Fatma, Kubra and Dicle were playing, I didnt see the libero. In the last set, I saw Ezgi Dilik as setter and Meliha with Fatma on court, Polen as opposite.

Oh really what video? The one I saw I didnt see Gamze or Meryem. Maybe I only saw the one from last set.

Last set players (Polen, Meliha Ezgi) Clearly were not a great option I see. Here I also saw Simge Akoz :down:

• Oh really what video? The one I saw I didnt see Gamze or Meryem. Maybe I only saw the one from last set.

Last set players (Polen, Meliha Ezgi) Clearly were not a great option I see. Here I also saw Simge Akoz :down:

Pelin Emniyetli, the team manager shared a video in her instastory. Gizem Örge was the libero in 1st set.

• Pelin Emniyetli, the team manager shared a video in her instastory. Gizem Örge was the libero in 1st set.

Thankss :thumbsup: I like the 1st set line up with Gamze, Meryem, Gizem and they didnt do so bad 25-23 is close, not super good either of course. I personally prefer Beyza over Dicle but of course with for example Eda in this team that set might even have ended differently so for me not a horrible result.

But wow the back up players really did horrible though it can also have other reasons ofc but 25-9 is extremely bad. Simge Aköz should not even be back up libero for me still. She shouldn't play NT atm.

• did Brazil play with the same players in the three sets long ?

25-9 is pretty bad though it was an friendly...i hope Ezgi Dilik didnt play worse than Çağla ..id like to see her playing in a few matches in WGP...
    Polen Uslupehlivan deserves to play for the NT of course...can you remember anyone else better than her except Boz ? we shouldnt treat Polen as if she was playing for the first time at this level! she is an experienced player..she didnt play much last season and needs more time to be in a better shape..
    i agree with the critics on the other players..

• so Polen - Yeliz Başa - Gözde Yılmaz this three is not very special but not bad.

Polen is going very badly. she was superb in 2012 but then she couldnt reach that performans...

Gözde Yılmaz is slow but she can be usefull like diouff if she worked this summer with guidetti.

yeliz başa isnt special but she knows how to play
    i remember that Yeliz Başa was very usefull last grandprix against Brazil.

and also Tutku Yüzgenç could be in this team but she is in u-20 team why? we dont need a medal in u-20.... look at u-23 opp is Galatasaray setter Nursevil (1.87):)

And also Ceren/Dilara/Gamze Turk(1.95)/Ceyda. this players are tall but not strong. except Ceren.

if meliha played good maybe she could be the second opp, but she is bad so that melis durul is in the team.

its very complex problem to guidetti
    Turkey have got a lot of players but they are useless :whistle: :whistle: :down: :down:

did Brazil play with the same players in the three sets long ?

25-9 is pretty bad though it was an friendly...i hope Ezgi Dilik didnt play worse than Çağla ..id like to see her playing in a few matches in WGP...
    Polen Uslupehlivan deserves to play for the NT of course...can you remember anyone else better than her except Boz ? we shouldnt treat Polen as if she was playing for the first time at this level! she is an experienced player..she didnt play much last season and needs more time to be in a better shape..
    i agree with the critics on the other players..

• Did Yang Junjing retire?

Yes, not officially annouced her retirement, i guess after China National Games (4 year circle).
    nowadays, she is just relaxing and preparing her new start, maybe to go further study or be a volleyball trainer.
    She is apparently desperated after being cut from Rio 2016. after that, the motivation of playing volleyball became much weaker along with her long term struggling with the injuries.
    this year, again, Yang Junjing is not called by An's central convocation. sooner or later, she will decide.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Just a couple of days left before the opening week kicks off, yet the official website of FIVB World Grand Prix 2017 still has not posted the Final 14-list of all participants... not cool! :woohoo:

http://worldgrandprix.2017.fivb.com/en

I wish the official site will carry such info and one can easily locate such tidbit in advance. Each participant should have passed such info to federation beforehand. :call: calling FIVB... hello hello... any one over there?

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Each team has over 20 players in the wide roster. And that is what FIVB has posted. But each week only 14 players can compete, every team can change its roster every week.

So once the coach picks the 14 players for week 1, would make no sense for FIVB to go ahead and exclude the others from the list. because they are still part of the team and are eligible to compete on week 2, 3 and the finals.

Just a couple of days left before the opening week kicks off, yet the official website of FIVB World Grand Prix 2017 still has not posted the Final 14-list of all participants... not cool! :woohoo:

http://worldgrandprix.2017.fivb.com/en

I wish the official site will carry such info and one can easily locate such tidbit in advance. Each participant should have passed such info to federation beforehand. :call: calling FIVB... hello hello... any one over there?

• Each team has over 20 players in the wide roster. And that is what FIVB has posted. But each week only 14 players can compete, every team can change its roster every week.

So once the coach picks the 14 players for week 1, would make no sense for FIVB to go ahead and exclude the others from the list. because they are still part of the team and are eligible to compete on week 2, 3 and the finals.

No need to exclude, just post the final-14 of each team for each week somewhere at the official WGP site (easier as brief news or just attach it at the corresponding team profile)... I guess FIVB gets such report, doesn't it? Simply key in and post at web :D

Btw, my very guess of the Chinese Final-14 for Week One:

OH: Zhu Ting (C), Liu Xiaotong, Wang Yunlu and Li Jing
    MB: Yuan Xinyue, Zheng Yixin, Gao Yi and Wang Yuanyuan
    OP: Gong Xiangyu, Qian Jingwen
    S: Ding Xia, Yao Di
    L: Lin Li, Wang Mengjie

Zhang Changning might be left out due to some injury or just taking rest (based on the info of some members here). If so I gonna miss CVL MVP the last season shortly :rose:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Too bad Zhang Changning is out because I would like to see how well she can play being the ace for China. Zhu Ting will probably not play much due to the long season and altitude sickness recently. I also hope to see Li Yingying play in Macau or HK because haven't seen her played for any Chinese team since 2015 Girls World Championship.