Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Yep this team is dead. Unbelievable how they played against China, Italy and now this. None of these girls seem to care at all. Dicle's face expression says enough. Kübra can't block a single player? I'm sorry but its hard for me to believe this was a 'real' match.

• Pretty disgraceful from Turkey. I'm sure they will be better for the ECH but I'm surprised none of these players looked determined to secure their place in the starting 6 for the future, looks like it will be down to the usual veterans

• does anybody update the result of AUS x VEN in Group 3 Semifinal.
    FIVB homepage didnt show up the result but announce that AUS will fight for the gold with Hungary, the latter has survived after stealing the tiebreaker against France.
    did VEN withdraw ?

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

FIVB homepage didnt show up the result but announce that AUS will fight for the gold with Hungary, the latter has survived after stealing the tiebreaker against France.
    did VEN withdraw ?

Venezuela Federation didn't give any tickets to the team so Venezuela ended up forfeiting the game. Sad, right? :aww:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• It just crossed my mind, but I guess it is not a bad idea for Serbia that Japan won, Serbia knows their only loss came from Brazil, and they know very well Brazil is always dangerous and they know how to win the GP more than anyone else....at least the door is open, and if Brazil does not reach the finals it will just benefit Serbia ( and everyone else).

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

• The Russian team played excellent match today, beat the Chinese team 3-1.

Remember that China played without Zhu and Gong...and I'm not sure about their setters, but I think the main setter also did not play

did VEN withdraw ?

If you scroll back several pages you will read that the Venezuelan team cannot get the flight in time from Venezuela to Australia for some mixed reasons.

Not sure whether they will forfeit this semifinal match or the FIVB will be considerate to reschedule the match to the other day... have not followed further its news.

READ here the earlier posts :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Hoping the Turkish federation open their eyes and watch why Italy is back with a vengeance after the transformation of Serie A era as the most powerful league in the world to just a second rate league nowadays. :whistle:

There is always a balance between wanting to win Champions League every year and achieving National Team success and it is hard to achieve that when their young players are staying on the bench until they're 40 years old and their veterans are still playing in their 100th birthday. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Hoping the Turkish federation open their eyes and watch why Italy is back with a vengeance after the transformation of Serie A era as the most powerful league in the world to just a second rate league nowadays. :whistle:

There is always a balance between wanting to win Champions League every year and achieving National Team success and it is hard to achieve that when their young players are staying on the bench until they're 40 years old and their veterans are still playing in their 100th birthday. :whistle:

Long description conveyed in terse line.
    Nation should set the priority right! NT First! Clubs are the very foundation to support NT.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Venezuela Federation didn't give any tickets to the team so Venezuela ended up forfeiting the game. Sad, right? :aww:

it is radiculous...
    Australians have given Venezuelans the most convenience to reschedule the game however it is so sad the opponent didnt show up.
    without the exact clarification from VEN federation, however, i still think such behaviour shall be punished at least.
    venezuela was the only team annoucing giving up a match among the five invited teams selected by FIVB. i am sure either FIVB or continental/national federation had already fully estimated the participants' overal condition including federation operating support and available budget to run till the group finals...i felt ashame of this. venezuela performed great but could not make the equal chance to perform in the final due to mixed matters from their federation.

still, this is also not fair to Mexico, the fourth ranked team in the scoreboard, they should have requested for a replacement.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• ]

Seda, Gozde, Eda, Neriman. Yes, they won with their clubs but they weren't key players. Those championships were mainly thanks to great foreigners. They didn't win anything big in NT level.

I agree, what are these players even resting for. Even Zhu Ting is here. What we needed was a mix of old and new to see which new players adjust best in the team. I sill have no clue who should be back up MB after long WGP. This WGP was a huge fail and I think it made things even more complicated for Guidetti. At least take a few of the main squad instead of going with almost a Ferhat selection. Huge FAIL those decisions for Grand Prix Guidetti and no single player adjusted to NT in this selection.