Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Remember that China played without Zhu and Gong...and I'm not sure about their setters, but I think the main setter also did not play

Zhu, Gong and Ding all played this match as the substitute players. In the last few points of Set 4, Zhu was blocked once. After the match, the largest problem of An Jia-jie is shown - the timing of the substitution.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Hoping the Turkish federation open their eyes and watch why Italy is back with a vengeance after the transformation of Serie A era as the most powerful league in the world to just a second rate league nowadays. :whistle:

There is always a balance between wanting to win Champions League every year and achieving National Team success and it is hard to achieve that when their young players are staying on the bench until they're 40 years old and their veterans are still playing in their 100th birthday. :whistle:

I dont disagree with you neither do I agree. Veterans are not all that old. Eda, Neriman which are the key players imo are 29 and 28..Thats not close too 100. What Guideti did wrong imo is bring a total new squad which are full of players he will never put in a big tournament. He should have brought some main players and the New players he thought could add to the team to see which of them fit with the NT he s trying to build. Instead he picked a Ferhat-ish squad with useless players like Durul, Özge Nur, Aköz and many more

• ]

I agree, what are these players even resting for. Even Zhu Ting is here. What we needed was a mix of old and new to see which new players adjust best in the team. I sill have no clue who should be back up MB after long WGP. This WGP was a huge fail and I think it made things even more complicated for Guidetti. At least take a few of the main squad instead of going with almost a Ferhat selection. Huge FAIL those decisions for Grand Prix Guidetti and no single player adjusted to NT in this selection.

This is just hypocritical! If Guidetti would have played with the veteran players, I'm sure people who criticize this player selection would have complain why we don't have a bigger pool of players for NTs. You were so happy finally "underrated" Meryem or Beyza got chances to play on international level. What changed your mind? :roll:

I'm quite happy with the fact that Guidetti let the main squad take a rest, recover from injuries and enjoy their private lives. This year is the least important one in olympic cycle. The only tournament that matters is ECh and it is a good idea to play that with fresh, recovered and well rested players instead of the ones that could have been exhausted after playing such a long and though season in their clubs. GP is not a prestigious tournament anymore. Thus, there is no point to risk main players for such a joke tournament :whistle:

• I dont disagree with you neither do I agree. Veterans are not all that old. Eda, Neriman which are the key players imo are 29 and 28..Thats not close too 100. What Guideti did wrong imo is bring a total new squad which are full of players he will never put in a big tournament. He should have brought some main players and the New players he thought could add to the team to see which of them fit with the NT he s trying to build. Instead he picked a Ferhat-ish squad with useless players like Durul, Özge Nur, Aköz and many more

It's called exaggeration. :white:

Btw...World Grand Prix by all means is not a major tournament especially the first WGP of the Pre-Olympic Seazon. We should really calm down. :super:

28-29 years is already old for a female athlete's lifespan. And you are assuming everyone's available ot healthy. What if someone gets an injury, gets pregnant or they deterioriate and stay in bad shape and eventually retire before that big tournament? What are you going to do as a coach?

In my opinion... There's no right and wrong to what Guidetti did. Expanding the pool of players is not a bad thing. Turkey has a bad problem with that despite having a nice amount of players and that should be fixed before WCH and the olympics. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Zhu, Gong and Ding all played this match as the substitute players. In the last few points of Set 4, Zhu was blocked once. After the match, the largest problem of An Jia-jie is shown - the timing of the substitution.

I'm pretty sure all of them will play against Serbia tomorrow. Both of the two teams are exciting for tomorrow's match.

• I'm pretty sure all of them will play against Serbia tomorrow. Both of the two teams are exciting for tomorrow's match.

WHY should them? What to pursue here? Both teams will play in Nanjing regardless the last match.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I'm pretty sure all of them will play against Serbia tomorrow. Both of the two teams are exciting for tomorrow's match.

I don't know why you would rest some of your key players in one day and use them the next day in the last match, when you are already qualified (Serbia and China)

• By the way, not only Serbia had 18x14 in ther 3rd set, but they also had 22x18... :down:

Seems like a terrible idea.

It's not even a must-win match for both teams.

Why risk any injuries with the main team when they can just sit back and watch their bench play?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don't know why you would rest some of your key players in one day and use them the next day in the last match, when you are already qualified (Serbia and China)

It is the first time they play after Rio 2016. If they wanna strategically test each other before they meet in Nanjing, it is reasonable.

• It is the first time they play after Rio 2016. If they wanna strategically test each other before they meet in Nanjing, it is reasonable.

Really? They didn't care to do that last year when they had a much more important goal only a few weeks after (the OGs).

• ]

I agree, what are these players even resting for. Even Zhu Ting is here. What we needed was a mix of old and new to see which new players adjust best in the team. I sill have no clue who should be back up MB after long WGP. This WGP was a huge fail and I think it made things even more complicated for Guidetti. At least take a few of the main squad instead of going with almost a Ferhat selection. Huge FAIL those decisions for Grand Prix Guidetti and no single player adjusted to NT in this selection.

Zhu Ting is still a young player and she's basically a bench player right now.

The players you mentioned... They are already old for female volleyball players age. Recovery is a must for them and a life out of volleyball for some months could help to refresh them when they come back to the court.

Honestly... You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. This is not even the year's most important competition. Turkey already qualified for the wch and avoided complications. what's more you can ask for? :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Hoping the Turkish federation open their eyes and watch why Italy is back with a vengeance after the transformation of Serie A era as the most powerful league in the world to just a second rate league nowadays. :whistle:

There is always a balance between wanting to win Champions League every year and achieving National Team success and it is hard to achieve that when their young players are staying on the bench until they're 40 years old and their veterans are still playing in their 100th birthday. :whistle:

Serie A is still one of the best leagues in the world, if it is second rate then pretty much every league is second rate. The Federation can't control if Vakif, Fener and Vitra will buy several of the best players in the world.

Are you suggesting the TL should allow even fewer foreigners to play? Not sure how Italy is a good example of that as they are allowed even more foreigners than in Turkey. So you are maybe suggesting that Turkey gets its own version of Club Italia? The problem with that is that many of these players would have the chance to be starters for the weaker Turkish clubs already, they would simply prefer to play or sit on the bench for one of the powerful teams

• Serie A is still one of the best leagues in the world, if it is second rate then pretty much every league is second rate. The Federation can't control if Vakif, Fener and Vitra will buy several of the best players in the world.

Are you suggesting the TL should allow even fewer foreigners to play? Not sure how Italy is a good example of that as they are allowed even more foreigners than in Turkey. So you are maybe suggesting that Turkey gets its own version of Club Italia? The problem with that is that many of these players would have the chance to be starters for the weaker Turkish clubs already, they would simply prefer to play or sit on the bench for one of the powerful teams

No.. I am suggesting they shouldn't buy 4-6 world class and very expensive foreign players at the same time for each team. :whistle:

Btw... Fenerbahce had the best bang for the bucks last season. I applaud them for that achievement. :win:

#FreeBritney

• No.. I am suggesting they shouldn't buy 4-6 world class and very expensive foreign players at the same time for each team.

But as I said, it's not up to the Federation to control this, it is up to the clubs. The clubs and their sponsors are not interested or invested in the NT, they only want their particular club to do well. Therefore, the only way to stop this is to use a stricter foreign player limit, a salary cap or some kind of points system like they do in Brazil to include foreign players as well

• Although I has given the message in Serbian NT 2017, I say it again.
    Serbian NT will play against Jiangsu ECE in Changshu on July 29, 2017.
    The new message:
    I will give the roster of Team Jiangsu without Gong Xiang-yu (NT), Hui Ruo-qi (rest), Zhang Chang-ning (injury) and Diao Lin-yu (injury):
    (bold as the players that joined Chinese NT, [shirt number])
    S - Li Hui [3], Zhao Jing-xue [12] (also L)
    OP - Tang Ning-ya [18] (also MB), Jiang Qian-wen [10] (also MB), Chen Yi-xuan [14]
    OH - Xu Ruo-ya [9], Zhai Ting-li [7], Wang Wei [13] (also OP/L)
    MB - Wang Chen-yue [11] (also OH), Wang Xue-ting [1], Gu Wen-ting [4], Wang Ting-ting [15]
    L - Chen Zhan [8]

Images

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• But as I said, it's not up to the Federation to control this, it is up to the clubs. The clubs and their sponsors are not interested or invested in the NT, they only want their particular club to do well. Therefore, the only way to stop this is to use a stricter foreign player limit, a salary cap or some kind of points system like they do in Brazil to include foreign players as well

You know the saying what goes up must come down eventually?

Yeah that's how I see the Turkish League. :whistle:

Eventually, money and the top foreign players will stop coming and they will have to rely on their local players to keep the cost down on maintaining the league. That's how the world works.

You better hope it comes soon so the transition will be smooth or else Turkey will risk losing European Club Dominance and no national team success to boot. Trust me... It's going to be sad... :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Although I has given the message in Serbian NT 2017, I say it again.
    Serbian NT will play against Jiangsu ECE in Changshu on July 29, 2017.

They are in China right now, and the finals are in China, I`m assuming they will just stay in China instead of going back to Serbia and coming back again. The final starts only on August 2, they will get 10 days off, I`m assuming that`s why they will play this friendly game.

• This is just hypocritical! If Guidetti would have played with the veteran players, I'm sure people who criticize this player selection would have complain why we don't have a bigger pool of players for NTs. You were so happy finally "underrated" Meryem or Beyza got chances to play on international level. What changed your mind? :roll:

I'm quite happy with the fact that Guidetti let the main squad take a rest, recover from injuries and enjoy their private lives. This year is the least important one in olympic cycle. The only tournament that matters is ECh and it is a good idea to play that with fresh, recovered and well rested players instead of the ones that could have been exhausted after playing such a long and though season in their clubs. GP is not a prestigious tournament anymore. Thus, there is no point to risk main players for such a joke tournament :whistle:

I am not saying Neslihan, Gulden, Esra and others should be there. I am saying put a few of experienced players to the team so they can help youngers to improve. No one expects them to be champions in WGP. They should have play better. What they showed is really poor and i don't care about the result. They simply can't receive, set, spike, block, serve and dig. They don't seem like they are passionate what they are doing. It is just not right. Their expenses are paid by our taxes so yes, i have every right to ask them to show some passion. Some good volleyball as they are young but professionals amd they how they make living.

They will even get paid for these poor, pathetic games with our taxes.

• I agree you can't expand your options by doing nothing and just putting all players together without any tactics or plans. Every tournament you enter should be priority and taken seriously. We entered Wch so I should be happy someone said? This is bull, I dont care about what we qualify for I care about players giving 100% and Guidetti bringing the best out of them in which he failed miserably this WGP. Bring Neriman who judged by her instagram wanted to be there anyway, bring Eda and give the blockers some confidence. Guidetti looked clueless today and Im not surprised.