Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• They are in China right now, and the finals are in China, I`m assuming they will just stay in China instead of going back to Serbia and coming back again. The final starts only on August 2, they will get 10 days off, I`m assuming that`s why they will play this friendly game.

Just to refresh, the Finals Round in Nanjing, the capital city of Jiangsu Province, kicks off on Wednesday, 02 August 2017... so it's wise for the far away team like SRB (practically all would-be contestants) to spend around one week or so in Jiangsu. Moreover the players may be relaxing and taking rest instead of wasting time to trouble flying to and fro..,. and there are many cool places for sightseeing around there such as the West Lake, the ancient town Wuzhen, and so on...

Or simply pick from this list: https://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/nanjing.htm
    basically just countless ways to fill up the extra week worthily 8)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I'll rather trust Guidetti with my life than some armchair analyst in this forum. Sorry. :whistle: Kthxbye. :win:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Omg just because he is a very talented coach doesnt mean he cant make mistakes. He is only human too in the end. Also still new with this Turkish NT and he will learn how to work with them no doubt. But there is no denying the fact that his WGP mission failed! Look at his face at set 3 today, face of a clueless defeated man. The thing is the tournament should have made clear who will be the back up for the next important tournaments but it only made things more complicated. Its not that bad he is an experienced coach and Im sure he will make the team work. But we are allowed to criticize too :whistle:

• Funny that before he joined the Turkish NT, he was the perfect coach...the best coach in the world...everybody wanted him...but now he is not like that anymore...it's all his fault and not the players' fault

• Omg people repeat the same thing over and over. I actually never said he was the best coach anyway... Too emotional and agressive for my likings. I still like him a lot and believed he would be perfect for Turkish NT and still do. Some people think giving critique is the same as hating. We are allowed to criticize guys even if we wanted him so much. Just because everyone wanted him so much and liked him so much doesnt mean he is doing everyhing right.

• Would you rather make mistakes during the qualification round of the olympics or make mistakes in the world grand prix a year before the WCH and 3 years before Tokyo Olympics? :whistle:

I swear some people are so overdramatic when there is Netherlands who may or may not even participate for the world championship next year. Oh wait that's Guidetti's former team. :wavy:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Maybe to calm down the Turkish fans: when Guidetti was coach of Germany, whenever the team performed awful in WGP they performed very well in the key tournament later in the summer :win:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a very strong Turkish team in ECH. But yes, the one we saw today was pathetic. But there have also been a few decent matches in WGP, don't forget that.

• Funny that before he joined the Turkish NT, he was the perfect coach...the best coach in the world...everybody wanted him...but now he is not like that anymore...it's all his fault and not the players' fault

No one said anything bad to Guidetti, at least i didn't say. I am critisizing players. You can see they are not following his tactics. What i don't agree with Gui is, he should have brought a few experienced players so they could have the lead when youngers are in trouble. No one said anythig bad to him.

• Maybe to calm down the Turkish fans: when Guidetti was coach of Germany, whenever the team performed awful in WGP they performed very well in the key tournament later in the summer :win:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a very strong Turkish team in ECH. But yes, the one we saw today was pathetic. But there have also been a few decent matches in WGP, don't forget that.

Which matches were decent? I am not upset because we lost most of our matches. I am upset because players didn't show anything special. I am not saying anything about Guidetti, i am talking about the players.

• I do trust him, too. That's not we are saying. Looks like you don't get what we are saying.

I get what you two are saying... Don't make me feel ignorant about the situation. :whistle:

You want this player. That Player... Those Players... The unavailable players...The Old Players....The overworked players...for experience .... :aww:

I get a feeling we're just dealing with fanboys here. :wavy:

Honestly... I'd rather sucked knowing you lack experience than having experience and yet you're still a massive failure. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Maybe to calm down the Turkish fans: .

:lol:

Yea I agree there were some decent matches (China, Italy 2nd, Brasil)
    Though no one really showed anything special besides those.
    Its more Im annoyed everytime I say something about Guidetti people tell me I have no right to criticize. I like Guidetti and am 100% sure he will make this team work but we are watching WGP now and Im just writing what I see.

• Which matches were decent? I am not upset because we lost most of our matches. I am upset because players didn't show anything special. I am not saying anything about Guidetti, i am talking about the players.

The one against Brazil on the first weekend, the one against China on the second weekend and the one against Italy yesterday were not bad at all.
    What do you expect from these players? They simply are nothing special and the performance they showed in those matches I mentioned probably are the best they can do :whistle:

• Though I don't like Guidetti and his ridiculous aggressiveness, It's pretty unfair to blame him about the results so far. I mean did any of you see the facial expression of TUR's #18 in the 3rd set? She didn't even seem to care much. Maybe they just had a bad day or were incredibly unmotivated but I think it was too much.

So my point is that you can blame the coach whenever you want, no matter who it is, but for today I think it was the players. They just played like crap.

• Just discovered what Guidetti said in press conference today :rolll:

Turkey coach Giovanni Guidetti: I feel ashamed. It was the worst match ever of my career. Sorry for the Thai fans that it wasn’t a good volleyball match. Congratulations to Thailand for their victory.

Obviously he forgot some matches of the last 10 years because I remember worse. Maybe not worse than the 3rd set though...

• The music being played in Hong Kong stadium is simply terrible

Drove me crazy. :wall:

• You guys need to calm down. What do you expect from this roster? Besides a few players like Örge, Fatma, Gamze and Kübra who are starters in their clubs, can you criticize bench players or what do you expect from bench players? The best possible results like winning against Belgium having tough matches with China Italy and Brazil are the best outcome of this squad. Do you have any comparison with those bench players, or let me ask it otherwise, did you see their club performance that you can say they play really bad and making comments like you expected something different? Most of this team is sitting on the bench in their club so do you expect miracles of them? Sure they can deliver a better match and show (facial) impressions like they want to win the match but what else do you expect? Can you compare this world grand prix matches with matches from their clubs? No you can't! And why? because there are no matches or almost no matches where they have played! Guidetti showed once again what a great coach he is. The 2nd match against Italy was based on tactics and improvements from the first match, the challenging match against Brazil was due to the tactics and improvements from the friendly matches before the tournament started, the match against China could be a possible outcome because he knows Zhu very well and learned more about Chinese playing style, and that is all what this squad can do, so don't expect something big from players who you are used to see on the bench during the seasons!
    Let's wait and see for the ECH I'm sure we will see Turkey fighting for a medal with the others returning to the NT!

• fortunately i didnt watch the last match vs.Thailand and seems i wont :D

actually i didnt expect much from this roster before the tournament ..better to take the good points during the tournament

i watched a few good matches from this squad i was just angry at the way some matches ended like Brazil match (first week) with 2 passing errors and like Italy match (this week) with a passing error..

this squad was not supposed to make miracles offensively but they should have been better at some part of thee games like passing,serving (in some matches) ,setting

i thought MB Beyza Arıcı did a good job during the tournament..Fatma Yıldırm's performance was ok/acceptable
    Gamze Alikaya was good (this last week she couldnt show her usual game its normal bcz this was a different team than Gs and some time is needed)
    i didnt expect much from the chronic bench players like Meliha Ismailoğlu and Şeyma Ercan..Meliha was ok..we couldnt watch Şeyma much..
    Meryem was ok in some matches and not enough in some either..her game is unsteady...at one point you say :super: then for another one you do this :aww:

i thought Baladın would be in the ECH roster but if she cant improve her perf..she could not! passing affects her game worse than the other OHs..
    Çağla was not good overall.