Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• South Korea without Kim Yeon is not world material

That's true but barring Kim getting an injury before the olympics... South Korea is still a big threat.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Nootsara is really fun to watch indeed, I wonder how more flexible her hands can possibly be. So entertaining whenever she makes tall (European) blockers look stupid. IMO she and Ognjenovic are born to be THE setters and I absolutely love their block-free sets.

I agree with you, Nootsara and Ognjenovic are two of the most entertaining setters to watch. It will be a sad day for volleyball when either of them completely retire.

• I think Pleumjit will be a bigger loss. She seems to have great connection with all the thai setters and her slide attack is an envy of everyone in Asia. I really don't think anyone in their lineup is as athletic as she is which could create problems for them if she ever retire.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Problem with electricity in Thailand, Maybe Im wrong, but there was something similar last year during ITA-THA match.

• Italy blaming themselves with such a poor performance :sos:

I only see a relaxed group of Italian players probably asking what thai club are we going to party our brains out after the game.... :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• It is so nice to see Boskovic back, and it is clear for Serbia that Antonejevic makes a better distribution than Zinkovic.

Uh, it's actually Zivkovic. Or if you're really particular, Živković

• In fact the Serbian team is the prettiest squad at present... this team is adorned with most flowers reflecting the Slavic beauties... Busa, Antonijevic, Veljkovic, Stevanovic, Boškovic, Malagurski,...

I think Malešević is prettier than all of those, except for Stefana. :D

I guess NED is safe for a place in the F6, which kinda sucks because they had a very generous draw. I don't know who I want there with them. Japan has worked incredibly hard to get there, but I think Serbia threw them a bone yesterday, so Brazil probably "deserves" it more. But they have to prove it by beating USA.

• Giovanni Guidetti on Twitter: "Every coach make mistakes with a new team!me I did really too many!our Gr.Prix was really poor and mostly cause of my decisions!#learn"

What can he mean? Player choice?

Seems he agreed with me himself :whistle: I think its a combination of picking some wrong players. (Çagla, Melis for example and not picking some good players) and also making wrong changes in the match also at the wrong time. As as bad tactics, someone mentioned the Italian match as an example of good tactics. But tbh that match was just a better result because of new players. I said yesterday that he failed miserably this WGP but that got some people triggered. Everyone has plans for every tournament and he clearly couldnt achieve them there is nothing wrong with admitting that. Im sure he learned from this and will bring us a fabulous team for the big tournaments.

• So Serbia used their best line up in a match that was worth it nothing for both teams, but used several back up players (plus benched its main player in the tie break) in a match that was worth it a lot for Japan :dance6: :rolll:

• The Thai team played a fascinating volleyball this Sunday evening, a fabulous performance, great to entertain the public and earn the great support in return, and keeps the sport flourishing in that land. Just look at how merry the hosting of this event by Thailand is... :flower: :dance4:

Frankly I ain't quite sure whether the ITA disliked the THA playing style that much and unable to cope with it... or just had nothing to chase here.... and be relaxing...

Nonetheless the THA team showed strong defense in that match and swiftness and dynamic combination as usual.

Anyhow it's great to see the host team won the closing match while the ITA will carry on its race...

Yeah, I look forward to seeing the Thai team playing in the Olympic Games for the very first time in 2020 along with China, South Korea and the host team, Japan, represent the Asian Continent. And I think this THA team will reach its peak performance around that time to be more competitive in the world stage.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().