Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• So Serbia used their best line up in a match that was worth it nothing for both teams, but used several back up players (plus benched its main player in the tie break) in a match that was worth it a lot for Japan :dance6: :rolll:

Have no worry... be confident that BRA team will overcome its guest, USA, to cruise forward to Nanjing. Just make sure to win, any score will do :D

I ponder this year the Serbian team is very much eager to win the highest trophy of the WGP Final Six after eluding it for so many years, at least twice in 2015 & 2016 in my remembrance. In this first year of OG cycle we can see that the SRB brings its full-strength squad to the tournament... the absence of Maja is immaterial at all for the new setter, Antonijevic, is doing her task pretty well, so this is a full-powered team, the Rio Silver Medalist line-up! Thus to have one less peer competitor is not out of thought in reaching out this objective... and frankly who can complain such legitimate move :lol:

OTOH for the SRB team to throw out some little favor to the FIVB's powerhouse may prove to be somewhat wise move in the long run. Who knows one day the SRB team may need to ask some favor in return since JPN is doing lots of things for FIVB.... we all know that the island nation is the FIVB's Golden [Milking] Cow (at least in the eyes of the hi-priests there)... in a chess game the SRB's moves are all the winning ones :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• Nootsara is really fun to watch indeed, I wonder how more flexible her hands can possibly be. So entertaining whenever she makes tall (European) blockers look stupid. IMO she and Ognjenovic are born to be THE setters and I absolutely love their block-free sets.

Yep, totally agree. I can watch those two play all day :thumbsup:

Serbia are very lucky to have Antonijevic to replace Maja as she is also one of the world's best

• I don't know if this makes any sense to you guys but my eyes keep searching for a black girl in team USA. :D Like after watching years of American team sports its new to see an (almost) all white team. I know it doesnt really matter but I've always adored the American black girls in sports.

• Lloyd has to be the best blocking setter out there. At least I can't think of a better one now...

Roberta is pretty good at it too! People do not notice that because she is new to the world, but she's constantly having 3 or 4 blocks per match

• I don't understand why Karch never changes players when things don't go well.. All he does is his double sub, and serving sub.. If Murphy is bad, Carli doesn't have to come off too, if the double sub didn't work because of the OPP, the second setter can be tried with the rest of the team.. I don't get it.. He'll leave his team drown to the least minute

• I don't understand why Karch never changes players when things don't go well.. All he does is his double sub, and serving sub.. If Murphy is bad, Carli doesn't have to come off too, if the double sub didn't work because of the OPP, the second setter can be tried with the rest of the team.. I don't get it.. He'll leave his team drown to the least minute

The team works well we win. The teams has troubles he has no idea what to do. That's it. The best he can do is hosting some breathing lessons during the time-outs. Most useless coach of the history.

• seems to me even thought serbia took it easy against japan they did bring their a game against china,no amount of serbian help can bring japan to finals thought,usa is getting recked by brasil,atm future of usa volleyball doesnt look bright just by looking at this new usa squad i can t for the love of god see any good players they all look like college material to me

• Or possibly the Brazilian team is playing very fierce and powerful at home soil, with extra power(!) and the USA team just gets some bitter taste of the treat today... :D for being fortunate no need to deal with this yellow team last time in Rio! :lol:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Or possibly the Brazilian team is playing very fierce and powerful at home soil, with extra power(!) and the USA team just gets some bitter taste of the treat today... :D for being fortunate no need to deal with this yellow team last time in Rio! :lol:

May be. I can't watch any USA team match since the OGs. It still hurts way too much. A single person ruining a whole team with his nosenses.

• Megan Courtney is the cutest player in the USA team nowadays :flower:

And the cameraman loves Rosamaria, she's given plenty of face time :lol: but most viewers should agree, me too

• Karch changed and Wilhite is playing great so far