Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• And during watching this match, it came into my thought that if I am asked to name the most likely medal winners of this year's WGP (all colors), I'll name SRB, BRA, and the host team, CHN as the three most potential ones, and in that order.

If Brazil plays well like they did today, they might dream of grabbing a bronze medal and I would love if they did. But realistically I don't see them placing above 4th or 5th place unfortunately. The competition will be really tough and the team as a whole is not that well gelled together yet.

• They qualified for the final round so you should know what I mean.

It's just me anyway... I want the young players get experience. Obviously, a win can be a great thing but for Brazil... Experience should trump everything right now. They are a very old team and the transition should be realized sooner than later.

And be rest assured it won't happen.. a pipe dream!

Earlier I posted on how Ze asked TO in set-4 when BRA led 24-18... it's obvious how much did he care for a win here, a win that would qualify BRA to play further in the finals round.

I think the "'play play" rounds are done already... the six teams will field the best line-up available at this stage, esp. in the KO matches.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I don`t like her anymore, but Zivkovic has been blocking a lot as well, sometimes 4, 5. And she always scores a lot like 8 points or so, mostly of the time more than Malesevic.

Lloyd has to be the best blocking setter out there. At least I can't think of a better one now...

• Most of her points come from her serve or spiking (she's definitely not afraid of pounding the ball away if the time is right), though.

Speaking of Malešević, I don't think she's nearly as bad an attacker as she's made out to be. Of course, she'll never be Brankica, but she can pull her own weight. She is very much a confidence player who needs to be fed enough balls in order to perform, but she's shown she can do it. IMO Serbia played some of their best volleyball ever in 2015 when Maja didn't hestitate to set to Malešević quite a bit and it worked well. I don't think turning her basically into a second libero last year was the best move.

• The host team was scheduled to play first, consequently the NED v BEL match has an empty stadium now, most spectators left already :lol: :D 'cool' arrangement --> it becomes cool when there are less people

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I totally agree about Malesevic, and I have said that many times. I don`t like when Malesevic gets basically ignore as a spiker on the court and everything goes to Mihajlovic and Boskovic. Malesevic can hit very hard sometimes and she can explore the block really well.

If Serbia can turn Malesevic into a "reliable" spiker there will simply no way to stop them because Boskovic/Mihajlovic are already too much to handle. Not even to mention Rasic/Stevanovic/Veljokovic

I can not wait to see what Lazovic will be able to do with the Senior Team. I do think she can be better than Malesevic and Busa.

And I like Milenkovic also, do you know where she will be playing next season?

Most of her points come from her serve or spiking (she's definitely not afraid of pounding the ball away if the time is right), though.

Speaking of Malešević, I don't think she's nearly as bad an attacker as she's made out to be. Of course, she'll never be Brankica, but she can pull her own weight. She is very much a confidence player who needs to be fed enough balls in order to perform, but she's shown she can do it. IMO Serbia played some of their best volleyball ever in 2015 when Maja didn't hestitate to set to Malešević quite a bit and it worked well. I don't think turning her basically into a second libero last year was the best move.

• The host team was scheduled to play first, consequently the NED v BEL match has an empty stadium now, most spectators left already :lol: :D 'cool' arrangement --> it becomes cool when there are less people

:lol: That is due to Globo, who owns the rights to broadcast the games. Whenever there's volleyball, they always schedule the match to 10AM, so with that the other teams have to play afterwards.

• How important WGP to the Dutch?? For qualification for the world championship they will be very tired :whistle:

Just realized that the NED team has not yet qualified for the 2018 WCh and will have to fight for the two remaining slots through the European Round 3 qualification.

But perhaps the NED team is just using this WGP event incl. the F6 for the team intensive drilling [under the new head coach] in preparation for the R3 WCh QT. :?:

• Knowing Ze he probably will field his best team for the final round but **** that. Brazil won like almost a dozen of WGPs... If it's not enough to give your inexperienced players some breathing room to learn how it is to play against the top teams in the world... It might come back to bite them hard like it did them before WCH and Rio. :win:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Wanted to say the same, actually, it is better to not qualify rather getting a rest and start preparations for the WCH qualification!

When does the Round 3 WCh qualification start? The Asian teams will have the qualification in that last week of this September.

• wow that beaty post kinda left me confused who is drazen luburic dating from serbian female volleyball team and who is rumored from serbian volleyball team to date carly lloyd i didnt get it at all?

• wow that beaty post kinda left me confused who is drazen luburic dating from serbian female volleyball team and who is rumored from serbian volleyball team to date carly lloyd i didnt get it at all?

I'm just joking at the possibility of Mihajlovic dating the hot serbian male players despite her physical appearance. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• well there was quite a few men and women that were gorgeus and they were dating reallu unatractive bottom line ugly people so it all depends on the person i guess