Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Oj oj watch out, Belgium about to bring the game into a tie-break! Perhaps too early now but close.

• yeah i wrote in google search and there are some gay volleyball sites saying the same thing and even mentioning she started dating ana bjelica which is crazy and laughable cause ana bjelica is stevanovics godmother rofl i can t be 100% sure that carly and jole are not dating but i just think they are 2 very close friends nothing more for some reason gay people think to overthink things that are just not there most of the time that is why it gets them in trouble loads of time from what i v seen and heared

and such kinds of rumors involving the famous people are good promotional efforts serving that group's purposes... among others to amplify their existences... thus such rumors are carrying little weight :lol:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Ahaha I actually met Rašić and I know there is not a way to act gay but l do get this gay vibe from her. She was hanging out A LOT with Özge Nur past season. And they were hugging and acting very funny at some matches. Özge has a boyfriend though :/ But who knows you can also be Bi...

• If Belgium pulls this off I need to think of something nice to do for them as a thank you. Which would be a little sad because I do like NED. I just want to watch more Japanese games.

Tie break!

• She has posted a few photos with some girl on instagram, that`s why I start to wondering if that was her girlfriend.

Will be so ugly if the Dutch can not win this...Belgium is win less, this is the team that just finished 3rd in the GP and 4th in the OG.

Ahaha I actually met Rašić and I know there is not a way to act gay but l do get this gay vibe from her. She was hanging out A LOT with Özge Nur past season. And they were hugging and acting very funny at some matches. Özge has a boyfriend though :/ But who knows you can also be Bi...

• some weird yet interesting volleyball are displayed by both teams :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

but the NED are taller, bigger... size does matter in the end ;)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• ;(

Congrats to NED

• but the NED are taller, bigger... size does matter in the end ;)

I know I'm alone in this, but as I've said before ... I hear that as "No jump shooting team is ever going to win an NBA championship".

I would love to see volleyball go the way of Thailand and Japan. Jump shooters. If they can assemble a group of really talented ones, things could change.

• i made a similar comment before that the USA team has no black players right now, when in the 3 olympic teams before 2016, they were 5 of 12. but this is not an all-white team, did you not notice wong-orantes? also, i don't know what the background of benson is. at pan am cup, they also had rhamat al-hassan.

i think foluke and adams will come back eventually but karch doesn't like easy or hooker, i guess.

• Attendance

Thailand vs Italy - 11`000 :cup:

China vs Serbia 10`714
    China vs Japan - 10`714
    China vs Russia - 10`714
    Brazil vs USA - 10`143
    Thailand vs Turkey - 10`000

Thailand vs D. Rep - 9`000

Puerto Rico vs Bulgaria - 8`700
    Puerto Rico vs Czech Rep. - 8`500
    Japan vs Serbia - 8`358
    Serbia vs Russia - 8`360
    Japan vs Russia - 8`191

Turkey vs Brazil - 7`000

Puerto Rico vs Canada - 6`800
    Peru vs Czech Rep. - 6`000
    Italy vs D.Republic - 6`000
    D.Republic vs Turkey - 6`000

Peru vs Colombia - 5`500
    Netherlands vs Japan - 5`500
    Netherlands vs Thailand - 5`500
    Korea vs Colombia - 5`000
    Korea vs Poland - 5`000
    Argentina vs Croatia - 5`000
    Argentina vs Poland - 5`000
    Peru vs Puerto Rico - 5`000
    Italy vs Turkey - 5`000
    China vs USA - 5`315

China vs Russia - 4`565
    Canada vs Argentina - 4`500
    Brazil vs Netherlands - 4`776
    Netherlands vs DOM - 4`300
    China vs USA - 4`090

• I would love to see volleyball go the way of Thailand and Japan. Jump shooters. If they can assemble a group of really talented ones, things could change.

It is possible, but really unlikely. Look at someone like Mireya Luis. She is only like 1.75m tall but has the highest spike ever for a woman but she is really an exception to have a whole team like her is very unlikely to happen.

Basically, there are very few really elite level spikers and blockers below roughly 1.88m and that won't change.

Of course, Japan and Thailand are really good teams and can beat the bigger teams with their speed and skill but dominate the sport? I don't think that'll ever happen

• Japan and Thailand are really good teams and can beat the bigger teams with their speed and skill but dominate the sport? I don't think that'll ever happen

When you put it that way, it's hard to keep up hope, but I'm going to anyway :D Such is the nature of hope

• Karch more or less gave the ladies from last year a chance to rest. Adams and Foluke will be back, but this year was going to be a development year. Yes, Lloyd and Murphy did not take a break, kind of due to FIVB rules. However, it is good to see Dixon back after her injury last year.

• Roberta finished as the 10th best Blocker. The TOP 9 are all MB which makes her the best blocker among everyone else.

1# Adenezia
    2# Vargas
    3# Carol
    10#Roberta
    28#Malinov
    29# Loyd

Roberta is pretty good at it too! People do not notice that because she is new to the world, but she's constantly having 3 or 4 blocks per match