Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• before the match in bangkok, the camera operators were having fun with the "dance cam". i guess that's better than the idiotic "kiss cam" they have in the US...

as usual, the cam operators are men... with all the pervy shots of young girls...

• When you put it that way, it's hard to keep up hope, but I'm going to anyway :D Such is the nature of hope

Good! Sport is always most fun when we have someone to cheer for. And who knows? Maybe Japan will surprise everyone and win gold at the WCH next year :thumbsup:

• So far I remember, Belgium was in the extra four teams challenger addition to this competition successor World League (Women), defined by FIVB (12+4 = 16 teams in total).

• i think guerra's debut in the ITA team was last year's GP, i saw some matches against BRA, and she hasn't improved much since...

1st set ends with guerra with 1 kill. sorokaite? 0.

i sometimes think moskri is taller than 178 cm. at least she looks like it. maybe because she's so long and skinny.

• i think guerra's debut in the ITA team was last year's GP, i saw some matches against BRA, and she hasn't improved much since...

1st set ends with guerra with 1 kill. sorokaite? 0.

i sometimes think moskri is taller than 178 cm. at least she looks like it. maybe because she's so long and skinny.

Guerra played some good and some bad matches in Pomi, too. She is young but needs to learn how to be solid.

• LOL. that was soooo hysterical. THA coach responds to ITA's challenge by issuing his own challenge and wins point!

(tight ball to the net, malinov jumps to block THA attacker (pimpichaya?), ball hits net and goes out, ref rules that ball touched malinov, ITA challenges, replay from another angle shows that she didn't touch it. then THA challenges that malinov hit net, replay shows he's right.) . CRAZY.

• pleumjit unstoppable in the middle... crazy how the biggest block in the world can't stop a woman who's only 180 cm. (speaking generally, not that ITA has the biggest block.)

This is what I'm rooting for. It's not crazy. You don't have to be tall or jump high to beat a big lumbering clod to open space. I will dream on! :super:

• The team works well we win. The teams has troubles he has no idea what to do. That's it. The best he can do is hosting some breathing lessons during the time-outs. Most useless coach of the history.

The team works well we win. The teams has troubles he has no idea what to do. That's it. The best he can do is hosting some breathing lessons during the time-outs. Most useless coach of the history.

I guess an useless coach who took the USA to win a World Championships and a bronze Olympic medal... :whistle:

• Just finished watching the TUR VS THA replay. Nootsara is really a treasure. One of the best setters of all time. Fernanda Venturrini, Fofao, Takeshita, and I can add Nootsara to the list. That tip she did on the 2nd set at 22 all is just purely amazing. On a side note, TUR looked really pathetic during this game. What happened to them? I can imagine Erda, Neslihan, Naz, and co laughing their asses off looking at these hopeless team.

• Most of her points come from her serve or spiking (she's definitely not afraid of pounding the ball away if the time is right), though.

Speaking of Malešević, I don't think she's nearly as bad an attacker as she's made out to be. Of course, she'll never be Brankica, but she can pull her own weight. She is very much a confidence player who needs to be fed enough balls in order to perform, but she's shown she can do it. IMO Serbia played some of their best volleyball ever in 2015 when Maja didn't hestitate to set to Malešević quite a bit and it worked well. I don't think turning her basically into a second libero last year was the best move.

Also in the olympic final she really performed well. I am not sure exactly how many points she got, but I remember being very impressed with how she stepped up her game when it was clear that her team was struggling. I don't think she will ever be a huge scorer, her most important job is making sure Serbia has stable reception, but she is for sure more competent in attack than most people seem to believe.