Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Thai reporter only revealed the group that Thailand will participate each week, so I don't know the other groups.

It is interesting that we are getting more information on next year and yet we still don't have the Media Guide for the World Grand Prix out yet.

• 5 weeks plus finals. Now the NTs will send their B/C teams more than ever :whistle: :whistle:

• According to Chinesa press, this will be the US team for the first week there.

S: Carli Lloyd, Micha Hancock
    Opp: Kelly Murphy, Elizabeth McMahon
    OH: Sarah Wilhite, Madison Kingdon, Michelle Bartsch-Hackley, Megan Courtney
    MB: Tori Dixon, Lauren Gibbemeyer, Hannah Tapp, Paige Tapp
    L: Justine Wong-Orantes, Amanda Benson

• According to Chinesa press, this will be the US team for the first week there.

S: Carli Lloyd, Micha Hancock
    Opp: Kelly Murphy, Elizabeth McMahon
    OH: Sarah Wilhite, Madison Kingdon, Michelle Bartsch-Hackley, Megan Courtney
    MB: Tori Dixon, Lauren Gibbemeyer, Hannah Tapp, Paige Tapp
    L: Justine Wong-Orantes, Amanda Benson

Good mixture of experienced and newbies. Looking forward to see new batch of American liberos. Let's if they will be a solution to America's long lasting libero problem :whistle:

Turkish federation announced 18 players roster only: Bahar Toksoy, Gozde Yilmaz and Cansu Cetin are the ones that are absent from 21-player roster

• 5 weeks plus finals. Now the NTs will send their B/C teams more than ever :whistle: :whistle:

Unless FIVB doubles the incentive, jacking up the ranking point for the WL tournament from 50 to 100 points, same as the other three grander, quadrennial events (OG, WCh, WC)... plus increases the prize money!! UP its dignity to gain more commitment & loyalty :drink: :dance6:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I don't have high hopes for Brazil this year. Their team seems underperforming although they won most of the matches they played so far. Especially without Gabi and Juciely around. Gosh, how I miss the Gabi-Nati duo.

I just feel like the team is not up there with the standard of Brazil. I know they are young and new and most of them are playing on Senior NT for their first time but I don't remember Mari, Paula, Jaque, Sheilla, etc this green. I don't understand the deal with Rosamaria. She seems a bit over-rated for me. Natalia is not performing like she used to on Turkey. Carol is getting her rhythm on attacking. Tandara, as much as a beast that she is, she needs to lose some weight. Don't give me crap about she is beautiful just the way she is, this is highlyu competitive sport we are talking about. Roberta is inconsistent although I like her game play.

I don't expect much from them this year. Maybe next year they'll get better.

• Rosamaria performed great this season, and I don't think she is a bit overrated.. In fact I think Gabi is the one who's overrated.. What has she proven on the international scene? She did a good job in Brazlian league for sure, but so did Monique, Tandara, and people here are talking they are too short/not enough physical for the international level.. Gabi's reception is inconsistent, she has a weird arm swing which limits her attacking angles, and I don't think she brings anything special to the table.. Not trying to say she's bad, but this team is not that different without her

• i think as someone here said Serbia will play WGP 2017 with their best players

i dont know some players of Usa team.i dont know how far thye can go at WGP 2017

Serbia,China,Brazil will be amongst the good teams of this tournament

i dont know about Italy's 14-player roster.will they play with the best roster available or with some backups of A-team + B-team or mix of B-C team etc..

i dont expect much from this Russian team

will Netherlands play the same roster as in Montreaux or with the best players? Lonneke is absent in this roster.

Japanese team always plays at a certain level whoever plays

shortly, my favorites in this tournament : Serbia,China,Brazil and Usa and maybe Italy (depending on the roster )..and what can Japan do ???

what about your favorites ?

• Italia:

S: Ofelia Malinov, Alessia Orro;
    Opp: Paola Egonu, Indre Sorokaite
    OH: Caterina Bosetti, Lucia Bosetti, Sara Loda, Miriam Sylla
    MB: Sara Bonifacio, Cristina Chirichella, Anna Danesi, Raphaela Folie
    L: Monica De Gennaro, Beatrice Parrocchiale

• Irina Koroleva (absolutely better known as Zaryazhko) is the captain of Russian team. I never knew she could speak English. It's not really bad for Russian standard :whistle:

• China and Serbia must be the favourites. When they use their strongest teams only USA, Brazil and Russia can be at their levels in the past few years but those 3 teams don't have their strongest players available. Many of Russia's stars won't be playing. The Brazil team is in transition and USA also needs to give young players NT experience. Russia, Brazil and USA know they need new young stars if they want to win in Tokyo 2020 but I expect China and Serbia will still be using most of their 2016 rosters by 2020 so they don't need to make big changes.

• Italia:

S: Ofelia Malinov, Alessia Orro;
    Opp: Paola Egonu, Indre Sorokaite
    OH: Caterina Bosetti, Lucia Bosetti, Sara Loda, Miriam Sylla
    MB: Sara Bonifacio, Cristina Chirichella, Anna Danesi, Raphaela Folie
    L: Monica De Gennaro, Beatrice Parrocchiale

Tirozzi and Guerra are with team too.

• No my time is off too. Does anyone know how I can watch the matches? I'm in the US and I can't watch it off FIVB. Hola is suppose to be free but when II try to get it, it's says I Have to pay for it.

I think it's worth the few bucks to buy a VPN to overcome such geo-restriction, thus you may still use the FIVB coverage (in cooperation with youtube). Those gambling sites don't provide quality streaming if any.

I don't use any VPN but I read this one is okay. The site has live chat customer service to answer your question. Just read on and find out more.
    https://www.purevpn.com/

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”