You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

brahmin

Master

• "brahmin" is male

Favourite Team: USA Men NT, USA Women NT, Japan Women NT

Wednesday, July 5th 2017, 3:49pm

And from TVA press conference yesterday (3 Jul 17), WGP will rename to "Volleyball League Women" in 2018 with 16 teams competition which comprises of;
12 core teams: Brazil, Italy, USA, China, Serbia, South Korea, Netherlands, Thailand, Germany, Turkey, Japan and Russia
4 challenger teams: Argentina, Dominican Republic, Belgium and Poland

The competition will separate to 4 groups in 5 weeks for first round and has a final round. Every team will face up and 13th-16th ranking will be downgraded to division 2 in 2019.
Group competition for Thailand in 2018 is
Week 1: Thailand, Netherlands, Argentina and Russia
Week 2: Thailand, China, Poland and Serbia
Week 3: Thailand, Dominican, USA and Germany
Week 4: Thailand, Japan, Korea and Turkey
Week 5: Thailand, Brasil, Belgium and Italy

i am more interested in the information you released....now it seems confirmed that the new regulation will be applied from the next edition.
every team will face to each other for a total of 15 games....
have you got any information of the other week groups ?
Thai reporter only revealed the group that Thailand will participate each week, so I don't know the other groups.

It is interesting that we are getting more information on next year and yet we still don't have the Media Guide for the World Grand Prix out yet.

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Wednesday, July 5th 2017, 4:08pm

5 weeks plus finals. Now the NTs will send their B/C teams more than ever :whistle: :whistle:

joanamss

Volleyball Lover!

• "joanamss" is female

Favourite Team: FOPPA (Italy), Rexona-Ades (Brazil), Dresden (Germany) NT: Italy, Holland, Germany, Serbia, USA (women); Brazil, USA and Poland (men)

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Piccinini, Fürst, Pavan, Merlo, Barazza, Kozuch, Klineman, Flier, Brakocevic, Robinson, Mihajlovic, Vasileva, Plak, Fiorin, Rahimova, Havelkova, Thompson, Apitz, Kreklow, Amanda

Wednesday, July 5th 2017, 6:48pm

According to Chinesa press, this will be the US team for the first week there.

S: Carli Lloyd, Micha Hancock
Opp: Kelly Murphy, Elizabeth McMahon
OH: Sarah Wilhite, Madison Kingdon, Michelle Bartsch-Hackley, Megan Courtney
MB: Tori Dixon, Lauren Gibbemeyer, Hannah Tapp, Paige Tapp
L: Justine Wong-Orantes, Amanda Benson
"Forza Foppa ale
sempre insieme a te
e dovunque andrai
sola mai sarai
Non mollare mai …
Non mollare mai …"

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Wednesday, July 5th 2017, 8:02pm

According to Chinesa press, this will be the US team for the first week there.

S: Carli Lloyd, Micha Hancock
Opp: Kelly Murphy, Elizabeth McMahon
OH: Sarah Wilhite, Madison Kingdon, Michelle Bartsch-Hackley, Megan Courtney
MB: Tori Dixon, Lauren Gibbemeyer, Hannah Tapp, Paige Tapp
L: Justine Wong-Orantes, Amanda Benson

Good mixture of experienced and newbies. Looking forward to see new batch of American liberos. Let's if they will be a solution to America's long lasting libero problem :whistle:

Turkish federation announced 18 players roster only: Bahar Toksoy, Gozde Yilmaz and Cansu Cetin are the ones that are absent from 21-player roster

Marieke68

Professional

• "Marieke68" is female

Favourite Team: Schwerin,Dresden,Busto Arsizio, Piacenza, Ladies in Black

Favourite Players: Dutch NT and Tess von Piekartz

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 12:46am

Yeah, they gotta send B/C teams otherwise they will have no time to prepare for the World Championship.
5 weeks plus finals. Now the NTs will send their B/C teams more than ever :whistle: :whistle:

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 5:00am

Unless FIVB doubles the incentive, jacking up the ranking point for the WL tournament from 50 to 100 points, same as the other three grander, quadrennial events (OG, WCh, WC)... plus increases the prize money!! UP its dignity to gain more commitment & loyalty :drink: :dance6:

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 10:00am

I don't have high hopes for Brazil this year. Their team seems underperforming although they won most of the matches they played so far. Especially without Gabi and Juciely around. Gosh, how I miss the Gabi-Nati duo.

I just feel like the team is not up there with the standard of Brazil. I know they are young and new and most of them are playing on Senior NT for their first time but I don't remember Mari, Paula, Jaque, Sheilla, etc this green. I don't understand the deal with Rosamaria. She seems a bit over-rated for me. Natalia is not performing like she used to on Turkey. Carol is getting her rhythm on attacking. Tandara, as much as a beast that she is, she needs to lose some weight. Don't give me crap about she is beautiful just the way she is, this is highlyu competitive sport we are talking about. Roberta is inconsistent although I like her game play.

I don't expect much from them this year. Maybe next year they'll get better.

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 12:08pm

Rosamaria performed great this season, and I don't think she is a bit overrated.. In fact I think Gabi is the one who's overrated.. What has she proven on the international scene? She did a good job in Brazlian league for sure, but so did Monique, Tandara, and people here are talking they are too short/not enough physical for the international level.. Gabi's reception is inconsistent, she has a weird arm swing which limits her attacking angles, and I don't think she brings anything special to the table.. Not trying to say she's bad, but this team is not that different without her

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 12:15pm

i think as someone here said Serbia will play WGP 2017 with their best players

i dont know some players of Usa team.i dont know how far thye can go at WGP 2017

Serbia,China,Brazil will be amongst the good teams of this tournament

i dont know about Italy's 14-player roster.will they play with the best roster available or with some backups of A-team + B-team or mix of B-C team etc..

i dont expect much from this Russian team

will Netherlands play the same roster as in Montreaux or with the best players? Lonneke is absent in this roster.

Japanese team always plays at a certain level whoever plays

shortly, my favorites in this tournament : Serbia,China,Brazil and Usa and maybe Italy (depending on the roster )..and what can Japan do ???

what about your favorites ?
meso mi ra se beno...

szubudubu

Beginner

Favourite Team: Zenit Kazan

Favourite Players: Kim Yeon-koung

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 1:17pm

Italia:

S: Ofelia Malinov, Alessia Orro;
Opp: Paola Egonu, Indre Sorokaite
OH: Caterina Bosetti, Lucia Bosetti, Sara Loda, Miriam Sylla
MB: Sara Bonifacio, Cristina Chirichella, Anna Danesi, Raphaela Folie
L: Monica De Gennaro, Beatrice Parrocchiale

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Favourite Players: Lloyd, Haak, Robinson, Dürr, Goncharova, Courtois, Meijners, Orthmann, Hanke, Dijkema, ter Horst, Jorna, Kingdon, Fetisova, Havelkova, Lippmann, Stevanovic

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 1:24pm

Irina Koroleva (absolutely better known as Zaryazhko) is the captain of Russian team. I never knew she could speak English. It's not really bad for Russian standard :whistle:

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 1:27pm

China and Serbia must be the favourites. When they use their strongest teams only USA, Brazil and Russia can be at their levels in the past few years but those 3 teams don't have their strongest players available. Many of Russia's stars won't be playing. The Brazil team is in transition and USA also needs to give young players NT experience. Russia, Brazil and USA know they need new young stars if they want to win in Tokyo 2020 but I expect China and Serbia will still be using most of their 2016 rosters by 2020 so they don't need to make big changes.

Mimek

Intermediate

• "Mimek" is male

Favourite Team: NTs: POL(F/M) USA(F) ITA(F), Impel Wrocław, Unendo Yammamay Busto Arsizio, Vakifbank Istanbul

Favourite Players: Skowrońska, Wołosz, Havelkova, Tomsia. Ognjenovic, Sloetjes, Jaqueline, Hooker, de Kruijf, Egonu, Gennari

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 1:32pm

Italia:

S: Ofelia Malinov, Alessia Orro;
Opp: Paola Egonu, Indre Sorokaite
OH: Caterina Bosetti, Lucia Bosetti, Sara Loda, Miriam Sylla
MB: Sara Bonifacio, Cristina Chirichella, Anna Danesi, Raphaela Folie
L: Monica De Gennaro, Beatrice Parrocchiale

Tirozzi and Guerra are with team too.

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 4:09pm

Bulgaria will play with the squad from Yeltsin Cup, so only Vasileva from the starters.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 5:48pm

Bulgaria will play with the squad from Yeltsin Cup, so only Vasileva from the starters.
Ruseva and N.Dimitrova also are usual starters. But yeah, Rabadzhieva, Kitipova and Nikolova will be still missing then. Good for Germany :D

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Friday, July 7th 2017, 6:59am

Does anyone experience it that FIVB official website doesn't show the correct time in "MY TIME" column as it used be, all showing wrong time? Or is it just me?
http://worldgrandprix.2017.fivb.com/en/schedule#/d20170707

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

Maxwell

Intermediate

Favourite Team: USANT

Friday, July 7th 2017, 7:06am

No my time is off too. Does anyone know how I can watch the matches? I'm in the US and I can't watch it off FIVB. Hola is suppose to be free but when II try to get it, it's says I Have to pay for it.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Friday, July 7th 2017, 7:14am

No my time is off too. Does anyone know how I can watch the matches? I'm in the US and I can't watch it off FIVB. Hola is suppose to be free but when II try to get it, it's says I Have to pay for it.

I think it's worth the few bucks to buy a VPN to overcome such geo-restriction, thus you may still use the FIVB coverage (in cooperation with youtube). Those gambling sites don't provide quality streaming if any.

I don't use any VPN but I read this one is okay. The site has live chat customer service to answer your question. Just read on and find out more.
https://www.purevpn.com/

ST2008

Intermediate

• "ST2008" is male

Friday, July 7th 2017, 9:12am

USA vs Russia. Live now in youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ2pSma6vfk

Social bookmarks