Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• I already see a huge level gab between the previous match and this slavic battle, though I find it interesting as well. Tourfarova has some really nice arm swings.

• A typical way of losing a set for Poland, isn't it? It was 23-20 and they got the positive flows but then Polak being aced, Efimienko with a serve error, Smarzek coming in and hitting the ball out...

I love Vincourova's reverse sets, they are really nice to look at.

• Does anyone know the roster for the USANT for the last week of the Grand Prix?

It's probably the same as last week, I don't think they even changed any player during the preliminary phase

• And we are in the final for the third time in a row! Congrats!

• Germany is a very young team, I hope they learned something from today's game. Wonderfully fought by Lenka Dürr, she was stunning both in defense and passing, absolutely love her :rose: Lippmann indeed should have hit the ball in the tie-break rather than tipping, come on you are the best hitter of your team.

This match must have been the real final, although I expect a nice match from the Slavics tonight :rolleyes:

Louisa Lippmann is still relatively young and in her head not as strong as in her body (yet). But she develops well and I expect a more brave next season of her. In German league she can do already better, but of course in total the opponents there are not that strong as Kim Yeoun-Koungs NT.

• Hard to defend Laura with that. Unfortunately, a lot of people do that cause they fear germs and it's not something exclusive in China. Accidents from doing that can happen and it's a good warning for everyone.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Korean team changed drastically when they changed their setter and one of the OHs with Park. Their coach was too late indeed to make these substitutions. Their starting setter had terrible decision making, I think she used KYK so rarely as if she had Mihajlovic and Goncharova in her team. Park did a great job especially in attacking since the other OHs were constantly getting blocked.

• Korean team changed drastically when they changed their setter and one of the OHs with Park. Their coach was too late indeed to make these substitutions. Their starting setter had terrible decision making, I think she used KYK so rarely as if she had Mihajlovic and Goncharova in her team. Park did a great job especially in attacking since the other OHs were constantly getting blocked.

Park actually started the match but was served off the court by Germany. After her return she was like a completely different player though.

One thing I noticed about Korea, they never use KYK from the backrow. They hardly use backrow attacks anyway and when they do it's their OPP who hits them.

• Bronze medal match is on. I sincerely hope the German girls will have something bronzy to go back home with, though I really like Czech Republic a lot as well. :P

• Yeah, especially when you already know how it's gonna be next year.
    I feel that Mlejnkova is slowly being a complete player and she's only 21 now. There are things to improve but for that age I think she's a really good all-around OH, perfect partner for Havelkova for the upcoming ECH.