You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Favourite Players: Haak, Lloyd, Lippmann, Orthmann, Robinson, Folie, Daalderop, Dürr, Stevanovic, Hanke, Heyrman, Herbots, Bongaerts

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 4:49pm

Yeah, couldn't be more boring :white:

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Favourite Players: Haak, Lloyd, Lippmann, Orthmann, Robinson, Folie, Daalderop, Dürr, Stevanovic, Hanke, Heyrman, Herbots, Bongaerts

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 5:17pm

Congrats to Germany for the bronze :rose:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 5:18pm

Well at least the 4th set was interesting.

Bronze is a good finish for the German girls and in the end the only matches they lost in the tournament both were against Korea. I'd have liked to see them playing against Poland, especially because they'll meet in ECH...

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 5:32pm

Germany is the Caroline Wozniacki of volleyball.

You made my day. :rolll: :rolll:
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 5:36pm

I was only watching the game because of those two coaches. :rose:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

joanamss

Volleyball Lover!

• "joanamss" is female

Favourite Team: FOPPA (Italy), Rexona-Ades (Brazil), Dresden (Germany) NT: Italy, Holland, Germany, Serbia, USA (women); Brazil, USA and Poland (men)

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Piccinini, Fürst, Pavan, Merlo, Barazza, Kozuch, Klineman, Flier, Brakocevic, Robinson, Mihajlovic, Vasileva, Plak, Fiorin, Rahimova, Havelkova, Thompson, Apitz, Kreklow, Amanda

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 5:42pm

Does anyone know the roster for the USANT for the last week of the Grand Prix?
It's probably the same as last week, I don't think they even changed any player during the preliminary phase

EDIT: There will be one change, Annie Drews is in China with the team instead Mcmahon. It is the only change seems like.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXJpofvhEUz/?taken-by=usavwnt
"Forza Foppa ale
sempre insieme a te
e dovunque andrai
sola mai sarai
Non mollare mai …
Non mollare mai …"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "joanamss" (Jul 30th 2017, 6:01pm)

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 5:45pm

Korean team changed drastically when they changed their setter and one of the OHs with Park. Their coach was too late indeed to make these substitutions. Their starting setter had terrible decision making, I think she used KYK so rarely as if she had Mihajlovic and Goncharova in her team. Park did a great job especially in attacking since the other OHs were constantly getting blocked.
Park actually started the match but was served off the court by Germany. After her return she was like a completely different player though.

One thing I noticed about Korea, they never use KYK from the backrow. They hardly use backrow attacks anyway and when they do it's their OPP who hits them.
Omg! She was so different that I was wondering why Korean coach used 2 useless OHs until he took her back in 3rd set :)

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 5:53pm

Korean team changed drastically when they changed their setter and one of the OHs with Park. Their coach was too late indeed to make these substitutions. Their starting setter had terrible decision making, I think she used KYK so rarely as if she had Mihajlovic and Goncharova in her team. Park did a great job especially in attacking since the other OHs were constantly getting blocked.
Park actually started the match but was served off the court by Germany. After her return she was like a completely different player though.

One thing I noticed about Korea, they never use KYK from the backrow. They hardly use backrow attacks anyway and when they do it's their OPP who hits them.
Omg! She was so different that I was wondering why Korean coach used 2 useless OHs until he took her back in 3rd set :)
Well you're not wrong :D He tried two other useless OHs to replace Park before bringing her back in ;)

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 6:05pm

I was questioning myself how come there are so many polish supporters in Ostrava and it's almost in Poland :lol:

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 6:07pm

Well you're not wrong :D He tried two other useless OHs to replace Park before bringing her back in ;)
Ah! I thought I was drunk watching :D

Btw, I was also surprised of why Korea didnt use KYK from backrow at all. I won't be surprised if she has an injury actually since she also didnt use her very effective jump serves in entire match and had jump floats instead.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 6:16pm

Same as yesterday, Park struggles a lot in reception in the beginning.

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 6:27pm

So does Smarzek... It's an interesting match so far, Korea can't stop Kakolewska.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 6:39pm

Poland does the same as Germany yesterday, pushing serve and getting enough breaks when KYK is in backrow. Let's see how long it will work for them.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 6:50pm

Poor Grajber, first she gets a ball in her face, then Witkowska's elbow :rolll:

Poland is playing really well!

Wojtek13

Professional

• "Wojtek13" is male

Favourite Team: Chemik Police, Fenerbahce, Eczacibasi, Asseco Resovia Rzeszow, Ziraat Bankasi Ankara, Zenit Kazan

Favourite Players: Malwina Smarzek, Kasia Skowronska, Tijana Boskovic, Neslihan Demir, Tatiana Kosheleva, Natalia Goncharova, Y.K.Kim, Bartosz Kurek, Metin Toy, Wilfredo Leon

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 6:53pm

Finally no.14 from Korea doesnt get the point :whistle:

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 6:59pm

Poland is superb, come on go win it :drink:

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 6:59pm

I feel like Korea might pull of the same thing they did yesterday :lol:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 7:00pm

I feel like Korea might pull of the same thing they did yesterday :lol:
I can imagine it too. KYK has been waaaay too quiet for her standards so far.

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 7:14pm

Poland gets the second as well. Now we will see if Korea can respond... :set:

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 7:15pm

Both teams are playing really bad. This level of playiing doesn't belong to group 1 at all. They should stay in group 2 or whatever it will be called next year.

I also agree that Kim must have an injury or a problem, i don't see any other reason for this poor performance.

Social bookmarks