Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• OK, true. But Tandara was Brazil's only reliable hitter in this match. If Natalia had been at pos 4 then I would understand, but IMO Rosamaria shouldn't be getting many balls in important situations

Tandara made more errors than Rosamaria in the match.

Tandara was just more effective on the third set. That's really it.

16 pts but 8 errors. :white:

Meanwhile China's Zhu Ting only had 2 errors. That's going to win you any matches.

The problem really is the opposite. She has to be more efficient than this when the pass is not good. It's not like you can count with all your fingers the brazilian players playing Outside Hitters who are as good as Zhu Ting on the attack.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• But tonight Antonjevic was the disaster one. She had a really bad game, so many bad sets and miscommunication. But the thing with Serbia is that Boskovic and Mihajlovic can still score with bad sets and off the net.

I wish Terzic would just play with Pusic, she was been playing good so far, and is good for Pusic to gain as much experience as she can.

This meltdowns, that Serbia is having are not good, against Brazil they had 23-18 and lost the set, against Japan 2-0 , 22-18 and lost the game, and now once again. They must stay focused until the match is over and not assume they already won because they have a large lead.

And Busa`s reception mistakes :obey:

• I did not know Gong plays as passing OPP, she did a better job passing and defending than attacking.

And I knew China would play much better in the finals and especially with Zhang Channing back.

• Well... let`s see. I started watching back in 2002, I would say it is part of my "yearly summer routine", I just can`t imagine my summer without watching Grand Prix, even If I`m on a vacation I will make time to watch it. It is even hard to explain, but for do enjoy more National Teams tournaments than Clubs.

Of course I enjoy Olympic and WCH, but they have a different feeling because they are so import. The GP is not so important and it is easier to just relax and enjoy the game

For example the game SRB vs USA last night started at midnight ( my time) and BRA vs CHN at 4:30am. That shows how much I love it. :heart:

Can I ask why you like it so much? What makes it more special than the other tournaments to you? I'm just interested to know

• Alright, I guess that explains it :D

I'm glad you still enjoy it so much

• Yea I have the same thing with GP it used to be my fave tournament. But yea this year was quite a mess and not one of my faves. What I also like about GP so much is that it was so easy to watch. Just keep your pc on and you have volleyball all day. This is year though it was not like that, we had to use stuff as proxy and that all just made it so much less enjoyable to me.

• I've not known any chinese opposite player that has not pass.

Even their slide hitting opposite from London Olympics received in place of Wang Yimei.

I guess what's special with Gong Xiangyu is she's hitting everywhere, a quick, slide backrow etc. Kinda throws off your blockers especially when you have all those players around you.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Chinese team still has big problem with reception. Zhang has just recovered from injury last month. They need to play together more often.
    I think this year every team gives lot of opportunities to younger players. Next year wch will be real deal. The final start line-up of every country will be decided. :teach:

• This is year though it was not like that, we had to use stuff as proxy and that all just made it so much less enjoyable to me.

I'm a little fearful that the more FIVB "grows the game" the more difficult it will be to watch and the less I'll see of it. It's bizarre to me that the Rio games are completely unavailable to everyone as far as I know. And here in the USA, NBC made it a little difficult to watch WGP JPN play THA for example. What sense does that make. NBC didn't broadcast the game here, nor make it available on demand AFAIK

I would absolutely pay to see the JPN team play if they came to California, not because I read some stats or a news story, but because I have seen them play.

• Chinese team still has big problem with reception. Zhang has just recovered from injury last month. They need to play together more often.
    I think this year every team gives lot of opportunities to younger players. Next year wch will be real deal. The final start line-up of every country will be decided. :teach:

Actually, Zhang only have two days trainning with the NT before this WGP finals

• I've not known any chinese opposite player that has not pass.

Even their slide hitting opposite from London Olympics received in place of Wang Yimei.

I guess what's special with Gong Xiangyu is she's hitting everywhere, a quick, slide backrow etc. Kinda throws off your blockers especially when you have all those players around you.

do you mean zeng chunlei?

i think zhang lei also used to pass sometimes. as i said, many teams are experimenting with the OPP passing sometimes, it's a mixed system.

of course CUB used to have MBs passing and digging in back row, instead of going out for the libero.

• China just a bit more stable all round. Homeground advantage does help China a lot generally - they are difficult to beat at home. Brazil needed to play like they did last match when they were fighting to get into the final round - they are trying too hard and not concentrating on their basics.

Suellen is not really helping them with the stability either!

In prelim China also played at homeground: Kunshan, Macao and Hong Kong, and still they suffered defeats there, but now ZHANG Chang-ning rejoins the team, and improves the team's overall capabilities. Previously she's absent. So, she's more the factor that explains the different outcome.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Hawk eyes destroy all the actresses's careers.

LOL... how could you come with that line? :lol:

I also felt amazed back then on how the vision differed so wide, but your words help me to grasp it. Actress --> acting skills :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• do you mean zeng chunlei?

i think zhang lei also used to pass sometimes. as i said, many teams are experimenting with the OPP passing sometimes, it's a mixed system.

of course CUB used to have MBs passing and digging in back row, instead of going out for the libero.

I'm really not asking if it's an experiment. I'm saying it's not that uncommon in China to have receiving opposites. Even some men's volleyball clubs in China are still doing it.

Anyway... It's a really popular system in Asia to have opposites receiving. collegiate level to national teams especially when you do not have a right side hitter who is as good at attack in backrow and frontrow.

#FreeBritney

• Brazil played so good in the first half of set 1, but I had no idea what happened after then... I expected a close match... but this only happened at the last moments...
    Serbia vs USA match was like another version of semifinal of Rio 2016 tho.