Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• maybe hill and bartsch have similar faces but hill is much slimmer than bartsch.

i've always felt sorokaite looked like guiggi's sister.

and veljkovic and zivkovic also look like sisters...

II the second one who think that Hill and Bartsch are really similar. I don't know why :P

And the same with Malinov and Bednarek-Kasza
    Drews and Heyrman :bump:

• This means USA has no chancr of going in the semis?

As far as I understood, if Italy won - with any result - USA have no chance (Italy will have a victory more), but for now also a 3-2 for USA can be enough to pass, if Serbia will have a 3 points victory vs Italy.

Anyway, go Italy :super:
    Ps I'm just following the live score but I will watch the match later.

• Vow I feel bad for Italy, leading 2-1 and 8-4 and L.Bosetti gets injured, she was playing so well. I hope she`s ok. Must be really hard for C.Bosetti to keep playing as well.

Sylla comes in and she already have USA 5 points away with reception mistakes.

• I`ve said many times, Lloyd is just a average setter, she can play well when she plays with top of line players and when she gets great pass, just like in Pomi playing with Tirrozi, Piccini, Stevanovic,Kozuch. But when she`s not getting any of that she shows her true colors and she turns into a awful setter.

But Malinov did not play well either, she made a LOT of really bad sets, and a lot of bad decisions.

I dont think Italy can beat Serbia tomorrow and I dont think they can beat China in the semis, they could win a Bronze but Malinov must play better than she did today.

Carli Lloyd did a lot to help Italy to win.

• I`ve said many times, Lloyd is just a average setter, she can play well when she plays with top of line players and when she gets great pass, just like in Pomi playing with Tirrozi, Piccini, Stevanovic,Kozuch. But when she`s not getting any of that she shows her true colors and she turns into a awful setter.

But Malinov did not play well either, she made a LOT of really bad sets, and a lot of bad decisions.

I dont think Italy can beat Serbia tomorrow and I dont think they can beat China in the semis, they could win a Bronze but Malinov must play better than she did today.

Lloyd is a fantastic setter.

She helps the team in more ways than you can even imagine. Block, dig, attack, set.

She can't always have what you want but atleast she does everything to make her team look greater than it should be. You on the other hand is just a hater of americans. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I am the silent reader for many years. But today i must say, i truly disappointed with usa.
    And for me lloyd is a incredible setter.

• I am the silent reader for many years. But today i must say, i truly disappointed with usa.
    And for me lloyd is a incredible setter.

TBH USA is playing almost 2nd/3rd roster and still qualifies to the finals. It's not that bad. Still without Hodge, Robinson, Hill & Larson, Akinradewo. As for OPP, this is continous problem for USA since removing Hooker.

For this girls (Kingdon, Hackley and rest) it's first experience as starters so don't you expect too much?

• TBH USA is playing almost 2nd/3rd roster and still qualifies to the finals. It's not that bad. Still without Hodge, Robinson, Hill & Larson, Akinradewo. As for OPP, this is continous problem for USA since removing Hooker.

For this girls (Kingdon, Hackley and rest) it's first experience as starters so don't you expect too much?

I really wouldn't worry about the USA at all. I actually think that this grand prix should have shown Karch that USA are actually ok. In Bartsch they have found a solution to the Larson problem in attack, as she has become their most blocked player in recent times. Lloyd is doing great and their middles are still world class in Rachel and Akinradewo. Because of USA's game they don't need an opposite like Boskovic, they just need 3 attacking outside players - the era of relying on a killer opposite like Hooker has gone, its a new style, and their results in the last couple of years have shown that its very effective.

• I'm torn on two sides.. On the one hand I think this has been a relatively good Grand Prix for the USA since there are a lot of new faces, they try to get used to this new system, their setter is now a starter, etc.. On the other hand this really is not a B/C team.. They indeed miss their starting MBs and OHs, and their libero retired, but Dixon and Gibby are not that much worse than Akinradewo/Adams.. In favt both Dixon and Gibby have had a lot of playing time in the past, especially Dixon who before her injury was surely making the roster for the Olympics.. Bartsch has also played with the previous team, and also spent so quality years with her clubs.. Carli is pretty experienced too.. So if Brazil can so it, I don't see why USA can't