You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 2:22am

YEAH, I have never ever seen that before...Djekema was gesturing and begging him to call the time out, he should called the time out as soon as China saved the 1st match point.
also at the end of the match, jamie morrison had to have his players ask for a TO before he called it... doesn't really look good for him.

3 times, liu xiaotong's serve rolled over the net. she was playing it really close, but it did destroy NED's concentration.

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 2:39am

watch this crazy point here, at 1:21:26:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyqPTmea5d4

and then at 1:23:10.

insane!

:thumbsup:

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 2:50am

So proud of this Chinese Team.

Yeah Zhu does what she does, but that Libero dig at the end was crucial, and Ding's set to Zhu for the first set point break I think, she could have net faulted she was so close to the net. And of course the MVP of the game Liu Xiaotong and her elephant balls

watch this crazy point here, at 1:21:26:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyqPTmea5d4

and then at 1:23:10.

That was odd, like the ref made a counter challenge because the initial challenge caught him in a booboo. I didn't know a ref could do that

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "sitenoise" (Aug 5th 2017, 2:56am)

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 3:27am

point of the match at 1:56:10!

even though ITA lost, i thought the ITA bench played really well: sorokaite, bonifacio, parrocchiale, loda. much better than the 2 SRB bench OHs (milenkovic and busa) for example.

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 3:45am

who's the british commentator doing the fivb transmissions? finally someone who knows something about VB. remember all those horrible commentators during last WCup????
Oh yes, I was going to write this earlier, finally someone who knows what he's talking about. I can't watch London 2012 matches because of the idiotic commentary, and the ones from the Rio OQT are even worse.

is his name clayton, does anyone know?

oh yes, that's what i meant, not the WC but the olympic qual. those were horrible commentators! morons.

i think the london 2012 commentators were paul sunderland and kevin garnett, 'cause they were usually doing it for NBC.

Favourite Team: Vakifbank

Favourite Players: Kimberly Hill, Olesia Rykhliuk, Hui Ruoqi, Foluke Akinradewo

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 5:57am

I think some of us here remarked that Xiaotong Liu seemed to have disappeared as the tournament went on (after a good showing at Montreux and the Prelims here). So sure, Zhu Ting gets to be the ultimate hero but she wouldn't have gotten the chance were it not for Xiaotong's block out attack followed by an ace serve ... and then two more serves that hit the net on their way over to get to 14-14.

Let's give Xiaotong some love :kiss:
classic! what a come back!

:thumbsup: :thumbup:

Also credits to libero Wang Mengjie and ofcourse respect to the Dutch team

Katie.T

Beginner

• "Katie.T" is female

About me: A big fan of volleyball !!

Favourite Team: China

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Hui Ruoqi, Zhang Changning, Boskovic, Sloetjes, Kim Hill, Kim Yeonkoung, Kimura Saori

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 7:03am

What a great game for the Ned and China!!!
As a big fan of the Chinese team, I was so proud of the girls!!
They did really well and showing the team spirit
Undoubtedly I thought the Ned would win the game at the match point 14-10
But wow...Zhu Ting never disappointed us and Xiao tong stands out!!!
Also I really appreciate the great performance of the Dutch team
Unfortunately they lost their chance for so many times
That's why China won it...
Congrats!!

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 9:02am

What's Zivkovic doing in court instead of Antonijevic.. Really?

vabo

Professional

• "vabo" is male

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 9:26am

It's going to be very difficult for Serbia to lose this gold medal

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 9:28am

Antonijjevic did not play well in the first game. I guess Terzic is leaving the starting spot OPEN, whoever is playing better at the moment gets to start.

Boskovic :super:
What's Zivkovic doing in court instead of Antonijevic.. Really?

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 9:29am

It's fairly simple: with Boskovic and Mihajlovic Serbia is clearly superiour in firepower against Brazil, not to speak about their tough middles (Rasic, now Veljkovic and in reserve Stevanovic...).

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 9:36am

Terzic lost both of his challenges already.. It looks like Marichev is in his body

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 9:38am

I prefer Pusic over Blagojevic. Also I dont think Busa got a single swing yet... :obey: Zivkovic must use her at least once in a while.

Brazil`s main weapon is the back-row attack, and that seams really hard to stop.

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 9:42am

Zivkovic should be replaced.. All she does is give every ball to either Mihajlovic or Boskovic, and both od them try to hit as hard as possible.. No middles, no pipes, no combitation plays

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 9:48am

Tandara hitting Milena pretty hard in her shoulder/body and no excuse? Really girl?

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 10:03am

Brazil is digging a lot and even Boskovic`s....Mihajlovic struggling with the Brazilians block.

Tandara is hitting super super hard, I don`t think she has been blocked not even once yet.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 10:03am

That was one tactical and consequential play masterpiece by Brazil: they used all they could to "steal" this set from Serbia.

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 10:12am

I wanted Brazil in the semis against Serbia now I wish I could take it back and I wish Netherlands had won against China.

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 10:13am

Knowing that Serbia have Antonijevic and had Ognjenovic for over a decade, it is sad to see the most boring setter in the world playing :down:

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 10:17am

Natalia and Tandara playing pretty good with the dunks.

I love that they rotate Drussyla and Rosamaria. I know love Roberta to fully replace Dani Lins as first setter

Social bookmarks