Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• So sad to see teams losing becauss of injuries.

For Italy... they have to take this cause the game just basically opened up for them.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Zhu Ting's left hand's injury ...
    I remember the injury is the same as Melis Durul's ...

EDIT:
    Sorry, Zhu Ting's injury is from the right hand ... Oh, my god!

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• As much as I try to like Egonu I feel like she hurts her team more than she helps.. She makes more errors than points.. And it's not like she gets digged or soft blocked, she either scores the point or makes an error.. She's also nowhere to be found in defense, even for simple balls, she overpasses them, she makes too many serving errors.. I would preffer a weaker, but solid OPP who can try and tip/roll the ball, dig some balls, get a rebounce from the block, then hit with full force all the time

• Egonu can become a more efficient monster as a left side attacker. I wonder if Mazzanti would ever want this to happen though.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I wouldn't say that. Serbia needed to beat Italy in order to play against the "weaker" team for the semi final. But the stupid Chinese coach had exhausted his key players for an useless match. I hope the Chinese players have still enough energy to win the semi final.

Do you hate him even more right now? What do you think of his decision to let Zhu back on court?

For Italy... they have to take this cause the game just basically opened up for them.

That's really unfair both for Italy and all the other Chinese players: you're practically suggesting that if Italy would win it will be only because Zhu absence, and at the same time that China without Zhu is almost not capable to win...

Don't get me wrong, obviously Zhu is a player that can make the difference and is very important for China to have her on court (as is important for Italy to take advantages of her absence), but in court there are many, many good players on both said, even if probably nobody is as talented as her.

Anyway now she's in, so this discussion became pointless :P

• As much as I try to like Egonu I feel like she hurts her team more than she helps.. She makes more errors than points.. And it's not like she gets digged or soft blocked, she either scores the point or makes an error.. She's also nowhere to be found in defense, even for simple balls, she overpasses them, she makes too many serving errors.. I would preffer a weaker, but solid OPP who can try and tip/roll the ball, dig some balls, get a rebounce from the block, then hit with full force all the time

Who do you suggest we should line up? With all his defects, Egonu is the best Opp we can put on the field in this moment

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• That's really unfair both for Italy and all the other Chinese players: you're practically suggesting that if Italy would win it will be only because Zhu absence, and at the same time that China without Zhu is almost not capable to win...

Don't get me wrong, obviously Zhu is a player that can make the difference and is very important for China to have her on court (as is important for Italy to take advantages of her absence), but in court there are many, many good players on both said, even if probably nobody is as talented as her.

Anyway now she's in, so this discussion became pointless :P

That's not unfair. It's called facts. Zhu Ting is a staple for China. Anyone knows that even the coaches and players alike. Calling Zhu Ting as just some player in China would be insulting her. This game would've turned out differently if she was in the game fully.

#FreeBritney

That's not unfair. It's called facts. Zhu Ting is a staple for China. Anyone knows that even the coaches and players alike. Calling Zhu Ting as just some player in China would be insulting her. This game would've turned out differently if she was in the game fully.

If..if...if... so many "ifs"... just like Terzic saying that Brankica played today with an injury... I love the excuses for defeats...it's never because the other team was simply better

• Do you hate him even more right now? What do you think of his decision to let Zhu back on court?

If I was the Chinese coach, I would keep Zhu in the bench and I have no problem to take the heat if the team lose this game.

• If..if...if... so many "ifs"... just like Terzic saying that Brankica played today with an injury... I love the excuses for defeats...it's never because the other team was simply better

Then just look at the statistics...

Zhu Ting is an efficient beast. None of the chinese players are up to her level yet.

What do you expect to happen when China is without their best player for sometime?

#FreeBritney

• Then just look at the statistics...

Zhu Ting is an efficient beast. None of the chinese players are up to her level yet.

What do you expect to happen when China is without their best player for sometime?

The same I expect when US, Brazil, Netherlands or other teams do not have their best players in the court: I expect them to play as a TEAM and to try to make up for any absences and issues they might have.

• Then just look at the statistics...

The discussion is pointless.

Your logic may have flaws (just like anyone). You may have your own favorite (just like anyone). But it in no way means you don't realize how wellItaly has been playing.

• The same I expect when US, Brazil, Netherlands or other teams do not have their best players in the court: I expect them to play as a TEAM and to try to make up for any absences and issues they might have.

Expecting them to play as a team without their best player impromptu is ambitious

Volleyball is a team sports but a farmer can't do a doctor 's job in a day. :whistle:

#FreeBritney