Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• The discussion is pointless.

Your logic may have flaws (just like anyone). You may have your own favorite (just like anyone). But it in no way means you don't realize how wellItaly has been playing.

Calling my logic flawed when you can't even present facts like statistics and whatnot. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Congrats Italy. So lucky and put enough effort to pull off the win. :drink:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• In some way I am glad it was Zhu that hit the last ball out because otherwise the setter would have been bashed for not setting her :whistle:

Congrats to Italy :!:
    Where are the people saying Italy can't beat anyone with two Bosettis on court? :D

• In some way I am glad it was Zhu that hit the last ball out because otherwise the setter would have been bashed for not setting her :whistle:

Congrats to Italy :!:
    Where are the people saying Italy can't beat anyone with two Bosettis on court? :D

Honestly I did throw so much dirt on the Bosettis but it's true they have improved enormously in the last months. Tomorrow we will need Egonu at her best for a chance to win.

• This is good for Brazil atleast they will know how it's like to play against the new improved Italy. I was hoping they play for the Bronze anyway if Serbia and China beats them but now they're fighting to get the gold.

#FreeBritney

• :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Yeahhhh I'm so happy, even moved!! Many years without not even a podium for the girls, and now suddenly a medal at the beginning of the new, young course!! And Mazzanti said the aim was to come back to the podium for the 2019 ECh... I believed him but luckily we were wrong :rolll:

• China's best player missed the last two points, so who's fault is that?
    Italy simply played better. Of course Zhu's injury made China a bit confused and lost at some point, but this can't be used as an excuse.

• China's best player missed the last two points, so who's fault is that?
    Italy simply played better. Of course Zhu's injury made China a bit confused and lost at some point, but this can't be used as an excuse.

China's best player missed the last two points, so who's fault is that?

China's best yet injured player who is probably still feeling some pain on her hitting hand missed the last two points. :whistle:

Some people thinking they are smart. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• I really cursed DIao when she hit Zhu ahah... :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I also think that a new setter needs to be found... Ding is too predictable as a setter and sometims lacks of confidence, not running the MB or running them in the wrong rotation.. I thought the Olympics would have boosted but they all seem overwelhmed.
    Why not calling back Shen Jingsi?
    The match we all expected for the gold will worth only the bronze.. :what:

• Yes, you really do think that

Whatever, sis. Go talk with non-symphatetic self. I'm not responding anymore. :whistle:

Anyway... Congrats to Italy and Brazil for making it to the finals.

It's been years since we have these two juggernaut teams from the 2000s in the top two of a tournament. :drink:

#FreeBritney

• That's not unfair. It's called facts. Zhu Ting is a staple for China. Anyone knows that even the coaches and players alike. Calling Zhu Ting as just some player in China would be insulting her.

That's (almost) a fact.

This game would've turned out differently if she was in the game fully.

And that is not :whistle:
    Unless you can prove it, I'm waiting :rolll:

Zhu Ting is an efficient beast. None of the chinese players are up to her level yet.

That's probably true, but how does that prove that they couldn't have won even without her? Or did she won the Olympic medal alone, 6 vs 1? Even yesterday in the tie break vs Ned she couldn't have changed the match if Liu Xiaotong had served on the net at 10-14.

The same I expect when US, Brazil, Netherlands or other teams do not have their best players in the court: I expect them to play as a TEAM and to try to make up for any absences and issues they might have.

Same answer I was going to give ;)

So lucky

Yeah, we were so lucky that Zhu missed the last point!!! :dance6: Luckily she was back on court :P

[In case it's not clear, I'm ironic, I love Zhu and I DO think that she is a match-changer. But I DON'T think she can win matches alone, and I DO think that China can beat Italy even without her]

Where are the people saying Italy can't beat anyone with two Bosettis on court?

I must admit I was (am) a bit dubious about the duo together on court due to the lack of 'firepower', since they're quite similar to one another, but if they play like this (and Sylla like today...) I'm perfectly fine with both on court :P
    May be in the future we will try Egonu in 4, who knows.

Just when Serbia and China decided to take the GP seriously...both lost.

I thought the same xD I was pretty sure the final was going to be Serbia-China, with a possible surprise in one of the two semifinals, but I wasn't expecting a Brazil-Italy final!

• This last World Grand Prix is turning surprise directions all the time. But Mihajlovic injury isn't a story, I think: ankle injury since Thursday, so she rested yesterday and today they tried, if she can play, and had to give up after a while to prevent an even worse injury.

It will be interesting next year in World League mode with 16 teams, how this compares.

• Just because Italy is your home country doesn't mean you have to throw your logic out of the window. :win:

First of all... I didn't say Italy has no chance to win. I just said... the game would've turned out differently if Zhu Ting was on the floor everytime and fully ok which is something you are not quite getting. If you call that as something wrong then I don't know what type of match you were watching. :whistle:

Again... This is such a non-issue for me. Don't take everything as offense then you will be more comfortable with my opinion and others. Congrats to the teams that won today btw. :drink:

#FreeBritney

• China yesterday played 5 sets to put Brazil in the final :whistle: :D
    Would result better? if the Chinese coach was resting the main players, as did Mazanti :rolleyes:

Don't think it was that important. Accidents can happen anytime. Unfortunately. It was Zhu Ting who didn't got away with that. And probably that made China play too poorly.

Anyway... as others said. It doesn't mean China coulld've won if it didn't happen. Things might have been different and they can still lose or win.

I think the coach could've done better though by making confusion go away when their star player got taken off the court. And also during the set 4.... those two rotational errors could've been avoided if the coach was a little more aware of the fact that he run the risk of that when they put Zhang Changning as an opposite. Those two points could've done it for China or maybe not. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Zhuting is the key player for chinese team on the court. Absense of Zhuting gives big advantage to Italy in set 2 and set 3. Actually, Chinese fans cares most is the poor performance of the coach Anjiajie and they still have confidence in young players. Chinese fans think the coach destroy the match. Fortunately Langping will come back soon. The period of choosing new players is over. Anjiajie has also finished his excutive coaching job. The real fight is next year. :teach: