Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Heard an interesting bit of news last night during the USA-Brazil friendly from Paul Sunderland.

The new look World League will have the same prize money for men and women. I had not seen anything saying that, so a surprise to me and many others as well I think.

It is hard to believe in what he says. During the World League games he said Belgium would be part of the Group 1 next year, and someone from FIVB told him that.

Also he said Fabiana is very likely to come back to the NT and Sheila could possibly come back - that is really hard to believe as both of them made clear they are not coming back..

• I read, that for Germany/women Stuttgart is first choice for the hosting city - obviously Allianz MTV Stuttgart did a lot, including the all-time Bundesliga record of 5,392 spectators in Porsche Arena vs. Dresden in season 2015/2016 playoff final match. I hope, advertising for the event works better than last time in World Grand Prix in that hall, because when China and especially Turkey and Netherlands are playing in Stuttgart, it should be feasible, to attract fans from these countries too in noticable numbers...