Women's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• What do you expect? Brazil already qualified to the world championship because of their easy qualification tournament in South America which for your information they won almost every time. China needs to show improvement without Lang Ping as they have not win anything this year.

You seemed like you do not have any understanding of the hardship for the European Teams. A lot of strong european teams cannot even qualify to the World championship and Olympics because of the strong competition in that continent which for your information can lead to injuries etc. So saying they do have any passion for the game is just ignorance when you do not even know what they feel underneath their stoic faces. :whistle:

I don't know anything about European teams or their competitions. But I've never dissed them. You're making that part up. I'm just sitting here enjoying a tournament a lot of people insist on calling unimportant.

• I dont know where r u from, r u from Europe?

A lot of European users talks down and underestimate the Brazilians and Asians all the time on this forum. They think the Europeans are simply the best even tough they never win anything in the world stage.

You should stop with your stereotyping. It's just logical to expect ECH as the more important tournament for this year because of the increase of its increasing strength with Italy, Serbia, Netherlands, Turkey and Russia all vying for the crown and the benefits of the european ranking in order to qualify to bigger tournaments. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don't know anything about European teams or their competitions. But I've never dissed them. You're making that part up. I'm just sitting here enjoying a tournament a lot of people insist on calling unimportant.

what part I am making up?

Anyway... This tournament is not as important as ECH. It doesn't mean teams competing can't try to win it. :win:

Edit: Also you agreed with people dissing european teams in favor of this tournament so that is kinda hypocritical. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• what part I am making up?

Anyway... This tournament is not as important as ECH. It doesn't mean teams competing can't try to win it. :win:

Edit: Also you agreed with people dissing european teams in favor of this tournament so that is kinda hypocritical. :lol:

Let me put it this way: you won't see me in the ECH thread talking about how unimportant it is.

Let's get back to enjoying the show :drink:

• Well, olymic champion, world cup champion and world champion can careless about so important ECH.

Europe has infinite chances to prove itself. You don't.

Twenty to twenty five years ago. Pan-american teams did not even win the olympics or world championship. That's some thought for everyone. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Let me put it this way: you won't see me in the ECH thread talking about how unimportant it is.

Let's get back to enjoying the show :drink:

No one is expecting to do that for you. Rdfabio will do. :drink:

Yeah sorry about that but someone has to put rdfabio into his place. :whistle:

Let's hope for the best in this tournament. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• European teams havent been doing well in the world stage for the last 30 years maybe? So they act llike they dont care much about all meaningless tournament like GP, GCC, OG.. OH WAIT. Thats almost every tournament exits. Besides, their prestigious ECH.

OMG, it doesn't seem such a difficult concept to grab.
    For every European teams (for whatever reason! May be it's just for tradition, may be it's because we can't compete in the world as you said, it doesn't matter!) the ECh matter most than this tournament.
    Period.
    We may discuss the reasons for it (I think it's for tradition), but there's no arguing with that. May be is stupid, may be it's not fair, may be is silly, but It's a fact, deal with it.
    Obviously that doesn't mean we think this tournament is useless or that the Ech is a stronger/better tournament: we just care for it more.

For the record, that's our 'priority list' (as you can notice, ECh isn't at the top)
    - OG
    - WCh
    - ECh
    - WC?*
    - WL/WGP
    - all the rest

*I admit I would't know how to place the World Cup, which matter beacuse is a way to qualify to the OG but isn't that important on itself (ask the Polish if they're happy of their third place at the last WC!).
    The possibilities for placing it in the list are: right before or righr after the ECh (imho).
    Probably - at least in Italy - it's after the ECh, since you have other chances to qualify for the OG. And in the WC being first or second (and once third) doesn't make much difference. Plus it's always in Japan so a bit hard to follow in Europe, that may be a factor.

Ps I couldn't follow the match, but now I'm very curious to watch at least the tie break!!! :obey:

• You should stop with your stereotyping. It's just logical to expect ECH as the more important tournament for this year because of the increase of its increasing strength with Italy, Serbia, Netherlands, Turkey and Russia all vying for the crown and the benefits of the european ranking in order to qualify to bigger tournaments. :whistle:

In that case I agree with you that for the EUR teams the ECH will be more important in view of better ranking position and chances to play in the major tournaments such as the 2018 WCh that give the WR points. And WGCC gives no WR points. Indeed I had said it out months ago that the order of importance are OG; WCh; WC and Continental main championships... then not sure the 4-yr event WGCC with no WR points or the Annual WGP/WL with WR points-->arguable which one is more important between the two... :)

But as sitenoise said one should just get in and enjoy the match and refrain from jumping into this thread to belittle the said tournament. And if someone did come over to the ECH thread to shout out that ECH ain't important, to belittle it then it's a wrong action indeed and better just stay away in any unimportant tournament to his/her opinion. So, WGCC ain't that important IMO yet I come over here simply to enjoy the matches of the world class teams :-) so just have fun

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I am waiting for European teams to maybe win a world title so some European fans will consider world tournaments worthy! Perhaps that will not happen in anytime soon, in case for women side. :cheesy: :cheesy:

The last time Italy/Russia won a world title was 6-7 years ago.

If you think that's ten decades ago then I have a rock to sell to you...

:whistle:

#FreeBritney

• I am waiting for European teams to maybe win a world title so some European fans will consider world tournaments worthy!

Don't worry, in the last 7 years the male Europeans won 6 times the World League and we still consider it less important than the ECh, so even if the female European teams will win the next let's say 5 WGP, the ECh will still be considered more important ;)

And guess what, the OG and the WCh are already considered more important of the ECh even if European teams don't win! Incredible!! :white:

• Once again, Zhu Ting shows why she's a legend.

Spike: 31/53, 1 block, 1 ace.

She scores almost all the critical points in the end of 5th set, saving match points and then win the match, again and again.

Zhu Ting is a true leader!
    I think she made 11 points in 5th set
    ZCN was very good in defence,in 16-15 for Brazil she dig a strong ball and Zhu comes from the back row almost position five and scores

5th set

[YOUTUBE]FOLtRfhrT8k[/YOUTUBE]

• baby... we are in '17! Cuba sweeped away everybody during 90's!!!!!! what do you think about to put some 10 years more in your timeline? And when you say Europe you are saying only URSS, dont u? C'mon!!!!!
    here in the sunny and hot "panamerica" we have Brasil, Cuba, Peru and USA doing finals and winning it at Olympics and WCC... and in Europe? URSS, Russia twice, Italia once.... Plzzzz... U love to talk about ECH, but is a tournement with some good teams, and one or two outstandings nt, because the number of countries of europe!!! If we decided, here in Brasil, to send one team of each region of the country, we have 5, we ll have a SC with 5 stronger teams... c'omon again... bla bla bla bla europe...

Europe has infinite chances to prove itself. You don't.

Twenty to twenty five years ago. Pan-american teams did not even win the olympics or world championship. That's some thought forbabye